Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 OFFICIAL Facebook & Instagram (Verified)

I can't believe it's actually going to happen, I've been trying not to get too excited in case it gets pulled before it starts!

Looking at the related pages on the FB page... what came up:

Andy Allen.
Gretel Killeen.
3 channel 9 shows

Now I am wondering if it will return to 9...

If they go that way, I wonder how long it will be until we find out. 😢

Wouldn't be surprised if they hold out until the actual launch episode.

Although, I can't help but think back to all those times they said "this is the biggest twist yet", "everything's changed" and so on and blah blah blah.

I'm beginning to think it might be a US style format too.

They are likely to still feel the need to appease Australian audiences who aren't used to the game-based version of the show, but I wouldn't mind if they came up with an idea that somehow combines elements from both. I think there's been enough of a gap since it last aired to justify a major revamp, just as long as we aren't restricted to 2-3 episodes a week and we don't lose the "live" aspect again. If I remember correctly Nine tried to incorporate rules similar to the US version in their later years, and it didn't really work with the way in which it was presented. Although in saying that, there was also a host of other production and programming issues that contributed to it not working back then, so...

Either way, looking forward to (hopefully) hearing more details tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised if they hold out until the actual launch episode.

Although, I can't help but think back to all those times they said "this is the biggest twist yet", "everything's changed" and so on and blah blah blah.

100% gonna be the North American format, which is such a shame.

Going off the 'rumour' that it's only going to be 20 episodes I'm thinking they're gonna do a quick six week run of it, three episodes a week, not including the launch and finale.

100% gonna be the North American format, which is such a shame.

Going off the 'rumour' that it's only going to be 20 episodes I'm thinking they're gonna do a quick six week run of it, three episodes a week, not including the launch and finale.

Not sure how that will work considering the lowest episode count of the American version to date is 29. And if what you are saying is true I predict that the series will be a flop. I just don't think that the Australian public will warm to a completely US format.

Not sure how that will work considering the lowest episode count of the American version to date is 29.

The last seasons of Big Brother UK only ran for 50-odd days. With the North American format I'm pretty sure the housemates are in the house for several days before the launch actually airs, so yeah, with fewer housemates and a double eviction or two, they could easily do it all in six weeks.

If you look at it, survivor was axed twice before going to 10. And after 6 seasons its only just starting to warm to viewers. This shows that strategy shows really dont work in australia like they do in the US and they need to think about this. With survivor just starting to do really well, i feel like another strategy show is too overwhelming and would flop.

However, if you look on the fb page, one of the posts saying the game has changed has a camera on it. This to me gives me somewhat hope the social aspect/audience inclusion would still be included, cause if you look at US/CAN, they never really emphasize cameras. Maybe it wont be a complete switch and presuming the promotional logo we've been given of the eye is the actual one, US/CAN dont use eyes.

Back