Skip to main content

Big Brother 2013 House Tour Video

So out of curiousity, do you enjoy BBAU or BBUS better? BBUS is, essentially, what you said it's meant to be. No additional storylines, no outside interference, 24/7 live feeds and no ridiculous tasks other than the HOH, Have/Have Not, & PoV competitions. However, most Americans that have seen both, prefer BBAU to BBUS.

I am Kiwi, so I'm not too bias to either US or Aus. I watched US version season 8 which was really cool (if you want to watch one, watch that one) but the USBB is way way more produced than AusBB- they do that typical US reality thing where they interview them to explain all the events so they can cut the interviews over top of the action and they end up commentating themselves (example here, and happens through the entire video).
It is like the producers are making it for really really dumb people who can't figure out what is happening unless it is being explained in absolute detail from the perspective of everyone involved. It gets tedious.

Australia feels much more organic and the viewers can come up with their own idea of what is happening without the producers treating them like fuckin kids - though channel 9 has cranked the production up which is a real shame.

I am Kiwi, so I'm not too bias to either US or Aus. I watched US version season 8 which was really cool (if you want to watch one, watch that one) but the USBB is way way more produced than AusBB- they do that typical US reality thing where they interview them to explain all the events so they can cut the interviews over top of the action and they end up commentating themselves (example here, and happens through the entire video).
It is like the producers are making it for really really dumb people who can't figure out what is happening unless it is being explained in absolute detail from the perspective of everyone involved. It gets tedious.

Australia feels much more organic and the viewers can come up with their own idea of what is happening without the producers treating them like fuckin kids - though channel 9 has cranked the production up which is a real shame.

The diary room sessions are treated as voice oversin BBUS, I think that's to replace the need for any actual BB, but that's unfortunate, as I love that aspect of BBAU. They get called to the DR rather than being able to go in at any time.

The only point I was offering is BBUS has the HGs largely left to themselves vs. BBAU which has a lot more challenges for the HMs to do. I think BBAU's format is much more entertaining, but if you were looking for no gimmicks, BBUS has very little.

The only point I was offering is BBUS has the HGs largely left to themselves vs. BBAU which has a lot more challenges for the HMs to do. I think BBAU's format is much more entertaining, but if you were looking for no gimmicks, BBUS has very little.

I've only seen the recent season of BBUSA and from what I saw yes the House guests are mostly left to their own devices (except when they win a reward/punishment in a POV comp) compared to BBAU but what is shown on the CBS show is like 85% game talk/strategy and 15% character development. After a while of watching the previous season of BBUSA I kinda of got over all the game talk and wanted to see more funny character development moments. I did stick with it though just so I could see how it all played out but I'm undecided if I'll watch it again next year.

EDIT: Oh and why does it always seemed like the HGs were yelling when they were in the DR? That really annoyed me.

Yes, some HG's shout in the DR and is annoying as hell. It started one year I believe it was BB6 with Howie who is loud anyway and it just seems every year we get 1, 2, or 3 that just shout for no reason at all.

Worse yet is they have to wear the mikes so close to their mouth that eating can drive a viewer nuts especially on live feeds.

I've only seen the recent season of BBUSA and from what I saw yes the House guests are mostly left to their own devices (except when they win a reward/punishment in a POV comp) compared to BBAU but what is shown on the CBS show is like 85% game talk/strategy and 15% character development. After a while of watching the previous season of BBUSA I kinda of got over all the game talk and wanted to see more funny character development moments. I did stick with it though just so I could see how it all played out but I'm undecided if I'll watch it again next year.

EDIT: Oh and why does it always seemed like the HGs were yelling when they were in the DR? That really annoyed me.

After watching BBAU it's doubtful I'll watch US again. It sounds nice in concept to have the live feeds and little production interaction, but it gets old really quick.

So you can book the house for a 4 hour party for $3000 plus $99 pp including food and beverages.

We should organise a BBBA party?!? If we had 30 people interested it would be $200pp and the price gets cheaper after that ?!?

Link: http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Events/Documents/Big-Brother-House-For-Hire.pdf

image.jpg

Last edited:
So you can book the house for a 4 hour party for $3000 plus $99 pp including food and beverages.

We should organise a BBBA party?!? If we had 30 people interested it would be $200pp and the price gets cheaper after that ?!?
David tried to organise one in the house a few years ago but it never eventuated.

If I was Australian local, I would be down for this! But I'm not so a fat lot of help I am. Assuming of course you can swim/spa move around the house etc.

The diary room sessions are treated as voice oversin BBUS, I think that's to replace the need for any actual BB, but that's unfortunate, as I love that aspect of BBAU. They get called to the DR rather than being able to go in at any time.

In BBAU, the housemates are allowed to go into the diary room any time they like but it also states in the rules that housemates must enter at least once a day to do a diary entry.

Oh, and aren't the diary room sessions in BBUS scripted so it's not exactly a true housemate's perspective on a situation?

In BBAU, the housemates are allowed to go into the diary room any time they like but it also states in the rules that housemates must enter at least once a day to do a diary entry.

Oh, and aren't the diary room sessions in BBUS scripted so it's not exactly a true housemate's perspective on a situation?

BBUS HG's are still allowed to go in anytime they wish should they have anything to discuss... And NO DR sessions are not "scripted" but HG's are coached or asked leading questions to get a response the producers are looking for...

Back