Big Brother 20 US - Discussion

Discussion in 'International Big Brother' started by Kingston, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Kingston

Kingston Canadian Royality

Not sure how many people are going to be watching but I figured I'd start an discussion thread anyways... I don't anticipate needing to separate live feed from episode discussion at this time...

Just a quick reminder that there is no need to fill the thread with spoiler tags... This should be fair warning that once a spoiler has been posted discussion will continue as normal below the originating spoiler tag...

2. Kingston

Just finished watching the premiere... Found it to be dry in comparison to last season... The twist is basically just a "hi-tech" rehashing of last summer's temptation twist... None of the HG's so far seem that exciting... In fact they seem like a mishmash of the same old stereotypes... The episode didn't really flow well and felt like a bunch of different competitions just thrown together for the sake of it... I'm really not feeling the "silicon valley" theme of the season at all... Last summer had issues but the twists seemed very well planned, executed, and integrated... What I saw tonight feels very cheap and poorly planned... Almost as if they scrapped one idea last minute in favour of another...

3. starry

starry Well-Known Member

So this is a live feed thread, if so then not for me. Anyway the premiere wasn't that bad though the group thing with Swaggy having to save one group as he was in it didn't make much sense. It's better if someone has to individually decide to save individuals.

4. Brekkie

Brekkie Well-Known Member Staff Member

Agree the premiere was dry but it was almost saved by the Robot Twist - found that pretty funny by BBUSA standards. They misused the Reprogramming twist though - should have given the winner the power to change things after they'd happened, not just give eight people immunity.

As for the houseguests - actually quite a watchable bunch on first impressions but Swaggy C being proud of coming up with his own nickname pretty much confirms what the C stands for. Still better than calling yourself "Rockstar" though.

5. Kingston

I wasn’t impressed at all with the robot twist... Especially since the disadvantages were so built up... I found them to be pretty underwhelming... And it seems shady that we don’t know where she’ll be living...

I’m also not a fan of the nicknames... It’s just weird hearing Julie refer to someone as Swaggy...

6. DigitalCorp

DigitalCorp Always Watching

Poor Sam. She spends the first week as a robot, gets knocked out first in the HOH comp, and then can't campaign properly because she's a robot. It must be lonely up in that Motel 6 room in the House.

Sparrow11 likes this.
  7. The10thDoctor

The10thDoctor Well-Known Member

Still waiting for episode 2 to be uploaded to torrents grrr.

But on the first episode...

I think Swaggy missed a golden opportunity to get 8 [people on his side.

In his shoes i would NOT have saved my own group.
    I would have saved two other groups.

His choice has given him seven allies but made him safe. My way would have given him 8 and made him unsafe. But i would have talked to my group and said hey, it puts us at risk..but ff we got the other two grpups to agree...we can almost be certain who the first four boot outs will be. They would have held the balance of power for at least a month...but the way swaggy did it only garuntees his people one week.
    Arrogant little tosser doesnt think.

Kaitlyn for the win

8. Brekkie

Brekkie Well-Known Member Staff Member

And you'd almost certainly have been first out with that strategy - really does you few favours in the long term to make that sort of play. Remember too he made that decision hours after moving in, and he's already safe until the 2nd eviction, which is Day 23, so the best part of a month anyway. This way too he is also guaranteed to play in the second HoH comp and have the rare chance of back to back safety.

Sparrow11 likes this.
  9. Affable

Affable #GenuineGrant

I haven't seen this season but I think Faysal would be my favourite by first impressions.

10. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

Loathe the Robot twist, badly handled and pretty unfair.

Wasn't surprised at the 3rd ep APP winner....

So far predictable and dull...

Swaggy is a massive tool and hopefully people will realise that

11. DigitalCorp

DigitalCorp Always Watching

Maybe America will give Swaggy the "crap app" next week. In the meantime, Sam won the Bonus Life, but she's playing a rather sneaky game. She wants everybody to think JC has the power.

12. Kingston

I couldn't agree more... I'm usually skeptical of anyone who cries about twists and producer manipulation but I think this year more than ever it's pretty obvious they are trying to pull strings... I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet and I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to continue... As I said about the premiere I'm finding this series to be rather dry...

I meant to post this earlier... I think Andy @RealityBlurred has a pretty spot on assessment of this years twist... Although I think he missed the mark in his assessment of this years cast... While there are some likeable characters it feels very much like a group Robin Kass would put together... Basically any one of them could be swapped for a similar character in previous series...

13. Kingston

Considering everyone in the house knows there's a power of course they are going to do everything they can to flush it out... Sam isn't playing "sneaky" she's playing smart and not laying her cards out on the table for everyone to see... Especially since she's playing most of this first week through an avatar...

14. beardymac

beardymac gets by with a little help from his friends

y'all are just haters because Sam is going ALL THE WAY

Sparrow11 likes this.
  15. Kingston

Are you on drugs? No one here has said they dislike her...

Sparrow11 likes this.
  16. beardymac

beardymac gets by with a little help from his friends

I thought this much was obvious

Sparrow11 likes this.
  17. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

I used to hold out hope, but less and less for BB these days.

Ep 4
    Once Sam hinted to taylor about her twist (after Taylor cried to her face previously and said I will never put you up and did anyway) both these lame players and their crap moves make me wonder .. well WTF?

AND The stupid Ham option to a muslim (What IS he eating if he is legit?) makes it even more stupid...

Swaggy (People who give themselves names which arent just an online avatar should rethink life options) and Bailey was a total washout. Taylor sucks as a HOH.

I'll watch the rest but most likely will only catch an ep or so later until BBUK or BBCan comes back.

OR Alex Maxrividiades (wtf spelling?) is orgasming over his love island coup (Channel 9 say it is the future of television because of online users) and can reinstitute BBAus

18. Kingston

It’s hard to take anything you’ve said seriously when you can’t even be bothered to get a HG’s name right... It’s Tyler not Taylor...

Tempest likes this.
  19. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

Yep.
    Pretty much sums up my meh feelings about this game...Taylor, Tyler, Torah... meh
    I'm randomly fast forwarding through the bad game play thus far and Kaitlyn/ kirstin/ karen's wailing after putting Swaggy C (and we all know the .unt which most likely comes after that name?) up was just... woeful.
    And "On my dads dead grave"? WTF? Was the grave alive??
    Jeez.