Skip to main content

Best lead up promotion

Afflllate

Hey everyone, sorry if there's already a topic on this but which season do you think had the best lead up promos etc.? Or which were your favourites?

Also some of them anyone remember what they had for a refresher?

Here's some of them:
2001 - what did they have here? I only remember the bb eyes being up everywhere and coming soon sorta thing.
2002 - similar.
2003 - I remember they had several promos featuring 'big brother fact/question #372...' Etc. possibly revealing 'there will be two houses' or 'this year housemates will be separated' .

2004 - what is the SECRET?????? - promos featuring gretel looking all mysterious and holding cards with a ? On it.

2005 - I remember they had some ads going in the paper with 'who is the ????? ' and revealing a letter each day to end up as 'who is the Imposter?' I think it made it to the ads as well, which were big on the they're all single!!!! IIRC. Also the whole ASSUME NOTHING. EXPECT ANYTHING. Teaser.

2006 - the tweeting birds and rainbows eventually revealing more and more and going for a 'it's all rainbows, but bb is gonna be mean this year' kinda vibe.

2007 - gretels 'press conference' also closer to launch night there were a few teasers of 'what's the white room/mr x?'

2008 - 'I DONT THINK SO!' With a few of John Howard's soundbite, then Kyle and jackie O.

2012 - 'the big brother shuffle'
2013 - 'I love a good twist.'
2014 - 'A storm is coming'

See if can track down a few of the other youtube links later.

2008 had a really catchy song to go with it and it made Kyle and jackie o look really cool as the incoming hosts IMO.
2006 started off really random and weird like WTF. It had us all talking though about what they were up to. I remember it being dragged out quite a bit before get started to reveal a bit more. In contrast to this year where it's only a few weeks out before they started with any promo at all.

That being said, I ink this years is kinda interesting, and a bit of a change up from the last two years we've had dance tie ins.

Last edited:
From the storm is coming promo thread....

I'm just back to drop a complaint.

I never thought I'd want for BB to be back on Ten, and to return to these days but its like a masterpiece in comparison. I never even watched more than twenty minutes of last season. It will take something big to get me in this year (but this promo did get me back to this forum, I guess).

"Will there be an imposter in the House?"

"Yes."

^^^ MAJOR BB05 SHIVERS. Of course, it turned out to be shit, but...

Generally I think that Channel 7 is the best network in terms of creating hype with pre-show promos.
However, Channel 10 did very well with Big Brother promos, of course 2005 is a highlight, even the "I don't think so" 2008 adverts were really good.

Needless to say, of the FTA networks, Nine is the worst!

I should say, I didn't even mind the party rock 2012 or twist 2013 ads. They were fun, they were well produced.
However, IMHO, they created about ZERO hype!

check them out:

You don't even necessarily know they are BB ads until the end.

Even when 10 ads, were pretty lame (2004 - the QUEEN Gretel laying around with question mark envelopes), they still created HYPE.
That's what I want NINE - HYPE, not a really well produced, but ultimately unrelated dance sequence.

EVEN if you hate Kyle and Jackie O.... tell me this doesn't create more hype than 2012 or 2013.

And this was before the ark promo for 2014 was released. I really like it.

2005 still probably my fave lead up promo campaign.

Oh yeah thanks, I remember that 2005 one.

And agree on 2013's. It wasn't obvious it was a bb ad until the end and they showed Sonia.

I have the memory of a 'special' goldfish, so I'll say the current promo.

I loved 06! The happy innocent birds and rainbows and peaceful music when we knew it was going to be the complete opposite.
"it's going to be bliss in the Big Brother house this year. Would we lie to you?"

I Don't Think So was a brilliant campaign - as was What's the Secret. Nothing C9 has done has even come close.

I Don't Think So was a brilliant campaign - as was What's the Secret. Nothing C9 has done has even come close.

What's the Secret was WAY too over hyped... I've got to say having never seen BBAU I was pretty excited when I saw the adverts on TV in real time but when it came time to deliver the entire campaign went to shit...

What's the Secret was WAY too over hyped... I've got to say having never seen BBAU I was pretty excited when I saw the adverts on TV in real time but when it came time to deliver the entire campaign went to shit...

Season 1 promos were very mysterious because we had no idea what this Big Brother show was about. I remember seeing it for the first time during "Scream Test". hahahaha! Anyone remember that show?

Season 4 was probably my fave because it teased with "What's the secret?" and Gretel looking glamorous holding up the ? sign. But the actual twist was disappointing...I mean it doesn't really make any difference how big the prize money is to us viewers.

Season 5 was cool with Gretel interrogating Big Brother. Probably my second favourite.

Season 6 was basic but I liked the theme with the birds, rainbows and lovehearts.

I liked Gretel getting chased by the paparazzi for the Season 7 promo.

Season 8: "I Don't Think So" was brilliant. "NEW ATTITUDE", "NEW HOUSEMATES", "NEW HOSTS" it promised and the catchy song of Kelis "I Don't Think So". It gave me huge hope for a new kind of BB since BB7 was a bit more censored than previous seasons. And I thought maybe Kyle and Jackie O would bring new blood to the show.

Season 9: Wasn't a fan of "Party Rock Anthem" but now I have a soft spot for the song after Big Brother used it for their promo. Thought it was cool how they promised different kind of housemates and the bogans running into a invisible wall and Sonia's face "I can't help you there sorry".

Season 10: "oooooh.... I love a good twist" hahahaha! I loved that line from Sonia but it was a bit too cheesy wasn't it? Basically it was a rehash of the previous seasons promo with "everyday" people dancing. I thought the song used was too old . "Bounce" by Iggy Azalea used in the 2nd promo was much much better and cooler.

Back