Skip to main content

Ben Mum and Nan (Communicating with outside ??)

machete

Just an observation.....How come Jade is not allowed too try and make contact with the outside world wishing whoever a happy birthday on nominations night, but we are constantly seeing footage of Ben talking to and addressing photos to his mum and nan? Is this not the same "making contact with the outside world" no one else is getting on air diary to home time.

Just an observation.....How come Jade is not allowed too try and make contact with the outside world wishing whoever a happy birthday on nominations night, but we are constantly seeing footage of Ben talking to and addressing photos to his mum and nan? Is this not the same "making contact with the outside world" no one else is getting on air diary to home time.

I think because Jade did a direct contact with the outside world - he is just looking at photos and talking - not necessarily asking them or saying anything that relates to the outside world.

I think because Jade did a direct contact with the outside world - he is just looking at photos and talking - not necessarily asking them or saying anything that relates to the outside world.

Fair call although I do question if he was one day to say... oh and happy birthday Mum would he get pulled up on it? And I kinda still think addressing them is making contact... Just couldn't imagine everyone allowed to start saying oh Brother Joe, Aunty Anne, Girlfriend Sarah heres what i'm doing.... Maybe I think its just weird they keep giving it air time :/

And if Ben was to say hi mum on the questionable "Live noms" can BB pull him up when they have constantly shown him "addressing" them anyway?

It's just a ploy so that he can establish that he's a good guy, that his motives are genuine and to endear himself to the (ever diminishing) audience.

But a ploy it is; which means that maybe he's not such a good guy, his motives are suspect and I, for one, find it nauseating. I'd much prefer to see actual interaction with a flesh-and-blood human, rather than monologues to photos and fake interviews with BB.

Ben's one-sided conversations with inanimate objects displays a far more disturbing emotional problem then Jade's more blatant attempt to actually say something to the audience.

Ben's one-sided conversations with inanimate objects displays a far more disturbing emotional problem then Jade's more blatant attempt to actually say something to the audience.

Yeah its assburgers we have established

Ben is smarter than he seems. The whole fake tears over the fake marriage, the talking to his parents photos to gain sympathy, air time and also keep talking to the outside world (theres probably a code word he has in there for when hes nominated) and now this whole Big Brothers assistant bullshit! who came up with that him or BB? I missed the last few eps

I was talking about this just last night to my other half.
I think maybe Ben and his mother & grandmother have come to an agreement with the producers of big brother for them to see that he is doing ok. He's got such a strong connection to them and they probably really really wanted him in there this year that the agreement was made otherwise Granny wouldn't have let him go. Maybe?

Yeah its becoming to strange and scripted to me... How do we always see the "Ben Show" EVERY NIGHT there are housemates i've seen no more than 10 words from the whole season.... pushing favorites much??!! They used to equal out time for each housemate now I only know 3 of the 17!

I thought the same thing - talk about double standards. It's nauseatingly twee and sentimental too. I'm thinking Ben is very canny and calculating. If he was really that soft-hearted, he would probably have been more conflicted when nominating, but he made short work of that, nomming Heidi for "making him feel like an idiot" when she'd actually comforted him when he turned on the waterworks about the marriage thing. I also noticed how when he went bawling to the diary room, BB said something like "Some people just see the good in people" and Ben repeated that verbatim about himself to the HMs later. I think he's being very strategic posing as being super-sensitive, to the point of weakness, so he'll be mollycoddled and mothered by the other HMs, and therefore, not seen as a threat.

OMG Mum and Nan are now the photos on the Ben shows work desk..... Just enter them in the F*&^ING House they are getting more air time then the housemates anyway! Sick of hearing/seeing them!

Yet we still keep watching
I think I watch now just incase i miss something I just know at the end i will wish i didn't watch at all

He is playing the game better than anyone else and that is the point of the show, to win.

No surprise that the strong influences in Ben's life are mum and grandma.

Because it's not in Big Brothers time (Like a Nomination or Diary Room Call) If Big Brother was against any mention of family (Ie they miss them (one bb housemate to another in general conversation), he'd be getting quite steamed because it happens all the time.

in jades case, she KNEW that it'd be broadcast on tv, so therefore that becomes "making contact with the outside world"
ben, as others has said, is talking to photos, and has no guarantee that itd be broadcast, either way, we only saw him telling them about things already broadcast, and his feelings, (correct me if im wrong) no different if he was actually talking to another HM really...

get what i mean?

Back