• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Behind Big Brother FAQs and Q&A

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
This thread is entirely for newer people to these forums, or people that just havnt dropped in since last year. It’s to help you catch up with everything we know so far, and for you to ask the questions we might have missed/youre not sure about. So instead of opening a whole new thread, just ask it here instead.

General Big Brother Australia
Big Brother 2013
Behind Big Brother
Nominations Log

I invite more experienced members to [url="http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=29597]PM me[/url] with questions they would like to see be added to this list, and to answer Qs that get posted.
FAQs are numbered and sections are in different posts so they can be linked to if users need to be directed to them.

This thread is not for discussions.

Last edited:

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
GENERAL BBAU

Q1: Where is the Big Brother House?
It is located at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast, always has been, always will be.*
Google Maps Link

Q2: Do they make a new house every year?
No. They renovate the existing one, the same basic outer shell/structure of the house has remained since the show started in 2001.

Q3: How do I get tickets to the live shows?
Check out the Dreamworld Big Brother Live Shows page.

Q4: Who is the voice of Big Brother?
The main voice is that of Leon Murray, see his show reel here

Q5: I'm an international fan, what the heck is going on? why arent they _____?
just like any regional BB, we're different and have different rules and format, some of the biggest differences are:
- We have an actual Big Brother who talks to the HMs, enforces the rules, and interviews them in the diary room.
- Each HM has 5 nomination points to split between 2 other HM, the HMs with the most points are up for eviction, decided by public vote.
- No discussion of nominations or strategy is allowed.
- Breaking the rules will either give you Noms points or a strike, 3 strikes and you're out.
- No smoking.

Last edited:

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
BIG BROTHER 2014

Q1: Is BB back in 2014?
YES!

Q2: When is it going to be on?
No idea yet! Stay tuned for details.

Q3: How can I become a Housemate?
Applications are now OPEN. Sign up here and check out the discussion here.

Q4: Have you seen __________?
Probably! But find the relevant thread and if its not in there, feel free to post it in there yourself.

Last edited:

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
BEHIND BIG BROTHER

Q1: Whats the best way for me to be loved at Behind Big Brother?
Be nice and respect the opinions of others and respect the people who have been here longer than you. It can get quite nasty here during the on-season. Follow the rules of common sense or you’ll be banned.

Q2: Who is this Alex person everyone bangs on about?
Alex Mavroidakis. He is one of the two Executive Producers of Big Brother Australia, and is know to check out these forums every now and then. (nobody blames the other guy for some reason...?)

Q3: What about that “goon” fellow everyone seems to love?
[MENTION=99]Goon[/MENTION] is our BB insider, we don’t know much about him, but he’s been here almost as long as BB himself, and loves to give us insider knowledge.

Q4: Is that Kingston guy for real? He seems like such a dick.
HEY! He’s ours! We might bag him out, but we all love him deep (deep, deep) down.
It wouldn’t be BBB without him. Be nice and you’ll be fine.

Q5: (insert technical question about BBB forums here)?
If you're experiencing any Bugs or problems on the forum, head over to the Notices, Feedback and Questions board and report the issue there, the Mods, Admins and community are always happy to help!

Last edited:
M

Meow

I am just wondering.. Is impersonating a moderator against the rules? Because Goon just PM'd me impersonating a moderator and tried to intimidate me with his "warning" containing terrible spelling and grammar.

Kaz

Awesome site donor
I am just wondering.. Is impersonating a moderator against the rules? Because Goon just PM'd me impersonating a moderator and tried to intimidate me with his "warning" containing terrible spelling and grammar.

Goon IS a moderator.

mrB

a kit kat is a biscuit
Live feed could have been set up through a Foxtel channel. It would have been paid for as an extra channel making money, to the production team, live feed 24/7 with cuts perhaps so you can watch the specials evictions etc on the free to air. With parental lock on Foxtel it would be up to adults to make sure kids couldn't watch it. Parents parenting I know a novel idea radical even.
In the days of modern technology and access to pay tv it would have been a gold mine to the production team. Advertising could be limited which I guess is a negative I guess but ads could be linked they have been naming products through the show anyway and I figure there is a payment for that. When the boys were getting a massage the name Abipure was clearly said and used by HMs

There is a precedence on live streaming show on Foxtel this when rock band Reguriitator had a live channel beamed from the CBD of Melbourne when they recorded their album. So it isn't impossible to pull this off

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
NOMINATIONS LOG

Moved to its own thread here

Last edited:

Sapphire

Awesome site donor
THANKYOU tw2g for going to so much trouble putting up a list of the Nominations and Points. It's as if you read my mind. I missed the last 20 minutes of Monday night's Show. A neighbour's smoke alarm wouldn't stop screeching, so I couldn't relax until I found the house. I've been here every year since Bridget was in the Show about 5 years ago, and I've been reading all the Posts but this is the first year I joined. I was always a bit put off when people are posting "I hate the show this year." Then I think to myself, "Well why are they watching, and even more strange "Why are they taking the time to post to a forum to a TV Show they hate lol. I never understood that. I love the Show every year, and I know a lot of other people who enjoy watching, but don't like to admit it, so it's such a shame that it's seen as almost normal to mouth off about hating the show or how this year is so boring etc. It's not boring. I can't wait for them to bring Matt and Ed's twins in on the action. I loved what they did with the Logan's. One Housemate the Logan's year commented how Logan 1 looked a bit different for some reason ha ha ha. I'm not ashamed to say I race home especially on Monday nights to watch. I wish it was still on Sunday nights. And I miss being able to watch Big Brother Uplate with all the fun naughty bits. Anyway Thanks for putting up the Nomination Chart.

Last edited:

l.a.r.a

Awesome site donor
NOMINATIONS LOG

Eviction 1
NominatorNominee 1PointsNominee 2Points
HeidiTahan4Caleb1
BenHeidi4Tim1
SharonTahan3Tully2
TahanEd1Sharon4
JadeJazz3Tahan2
DrewMikkayla3Heidi2
MattMikkayla3Tim2
TimMikkayla1Jazz4
JazzTim3Mikkayla2
XavierSharon4Mikkayla1
MikkaylaJazz4Tim1
TullyMikkayla4Tim1
EdMikkayla3Tim2
CalebSharon6*Heidi4*
* Matt gave Caleb the Nomination Superpower and his Nomination points were doubled.

Final Tally
HousematePoints
Jade-*
Drew-*
Mikkayla17
Sharon14
Jazz11
Tim10
Heidi10
Tahan9
Tully2
Caleb1
Ed0
Ben0
Matthew0
Xavier0
*Jade and Drew are automatically nominated for failing their marriage task and thus couldnt be nominated by housemates.

Save and Replace
Tahan had to choose who to save from Nomination and the HWH, she saved Mikkayla, and chose Heidi to replace her.

Final List
Jade
Drew
Heidi
Sharon
Jazz
Tim

man, would i love a WYSIWYG editor right now! :p

Thank you for that, it is very interesting :)

Dozer01

I don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but what do they do about the Federal Election voting? It was called after they went in so they wouldn't of been able to do an Absentee vote. If they don't vote they get fined.

Last edited:

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
Some AEC representitive will visit the BB house and the housemates will postal vote.

mikidiki

I don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but what do they do about the Federal Election voting? It was called after they went in so they wouldn't of been able to do an Absentee vote. If they don't vote they get fined.

There's a thred about the Election in the BB house somewhere.

B

Blue Goblin

Hi all
I just realised I am going to be staying with a non big brother lover for a week.
What is the best way to watch the eviction and nomination without spoilers?
Also when is the soonest I can watch them?
Thank you..

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Hi all
I just realised I am going to be staying with a non big brother lover for a week.
What is the best way to watch the eviction and nomination without spoilers?
Also when is the soonest I can watch them?
Thank you..

firstly, i know how you feel, my girlfriend hates bb :\ hahaha

http://catchup.ninemsn.com.au/bigbrother
is probably best, it avoids the official site so no spoilers, but from my experience they're pretty unreliable on what time they go up, i could access yesterdays ep around 10:30 last night, but other nights they havnt been up before 1am.

otherwise, there is a youtube member uploading all the episodes
http://www.youtube.com/user/BBAU00001
i think i read on here takes them about 8 hours?

Last edited:

murf

is probably best, it avoids the official site so no spoilers, but from my experience they're pretty unreliable on what time they go up, i could access yesterdays ep around 10:30 last night, but other nights they havnt been up before 1am.

The YouTube ep is usually up about 2 hours after it airs on channel 9. They're really fast, it's great

B

Blue Goblin

phew - thank you and murf
I was worried about the eviction!!! - hate spoilers....

S

Susan Goold

Hi there.. I'm new and wondered firstly how I start a thread as I can't see any tab on here to do it.. Also wondering if anyone knows how I can watch bb USA from Australia.. I'm after the season that just finished.. Thanks everyone :)