Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

I think you're the one who needs to relax

Not sure if you’ve realized this yet but I give advice around these parts... And there are only a small handful of people who I’ll take it from. You aren’t one of them.

I think your TL;DR reply just goes to show what I said in my original post.

If a paragraph qualifies as too long for you to read......... I'll just let that speak for itself.

Don't forget this on your way out.
c493f473c4a46f31e22c70c3d979a1ea.jpg

And what is thought to be her very first.

Clip is taken from the first live show of the series so I believe the assumption is correct. In the launch show Julie did very little other than to say hello to the HG’s, intro HG VT’s, and pass to her co-host Ian.

That video shows how much effort they used to put into the front of the house. Glad we're finally rid of the BB15-21 set but know we'll be stuck with this one a few years now and suspect even though they can change the look electronically they won't.

The new set leaves a lot to be desired tbh. It’s just a high tech rehash of the previous set. It also seems far too dark despite the increased screen usage.

So apparently Ian is autistic... Has this always been obvious or did I miss something the first time around?

Must say it was nice to have the two or three more personal scenes in the latest episode and a reminder these All Stars aren't just players, they're real people.

Based off ep 2, I am really liking Janelle and Kaysar. From clips I have seen of Janelle, I didn't think i'd like her but opinion changed. Kaysar seems to have a passion for the game, and looks like he knows what he's doing. I haven't watched his seasons but really surprised me. Rooting for them both.

Nicole F is coming off abit two-faced, she's probably the one I want most gone.

Safety Suite twist was interesting imo, good on Kaysar and Janelle for taking the risk.

I'm not sure how I feel about them. On the one hand they're old school, they are true All Stars (though Kayser's star is certainly brighter with Janelle in there) and I'd like to see them do well and show these newbies how it is done. On the other hand it's a game and they're the obvious favourites and half the fun with BBUSA is seeing the obvious favourites targetted.

Have to applaud the producers though for going right back to the last All Stars in terms of casting as it is quite interesting to see a cross-generational mix of houseguests, not so much in terms of age but actually in how the game has developed. I think the BB7-BB14 HGs probably played quite differently to the BB16+. In later series it's been about big alliances and following the will of the HoH, but before that it was smaller alliances that dominated and the house seemed to stand up more for what they wanted, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Based off ep 2, I am really liking Janelle and Kaysar. From clips I have seen of Janelle, I didn't think i'd like her but opinion changed. Kaysar seems to have a passion for the game, and looks like he knows what he's doing. I haven't watched his seasons but really surprised me. Rooting for them both.

Nicole F is coming off abit two-faced, she's probably the one I want most gone.

Safety Suite twist was interesting imo, good on Kaysar and Janelle for taking the risk.

Kaysar took the risk and Janelle followed his lead.

This popped up on my Recommended this morning! I didn’t watch all of it, as I have never seen most of BBUS so want to avoid spoilers in case I do one day, but this was such an interesting analysis.

If you are going back and watching older seasons I highly recommend watching BB2/3 back to back... Don't start anywhere else in the series. BB4 is a great series and I've only watched bits and pieces of BB5 but either can be skipped. BB6 is a must watch prior to BB7 All-Stars. BB8 is hands down one of my favourite seasons (although I can't imagine it's aged well in some areas). For anything after BB8 it gets to be a bit repetitive...

ETA: BB2/BB3 are great examples of how BBAU could have looked if it had a bigger focus on the game.

Last edited:
Based off ep 2, I am really liking Janelle and Kaysar. From clips I have seen of Janelle, I didn't think i'd like her but opinion changed

Janelle has mellowed since 2005 but like
I told you before a lot of what you’ve seen of her was warranted. There’s also a clear reason why she’s in the house a fourth time around. Here’s a clip that kind of shows what I’m talking about... Janelle didn’t pull the first punch but she certainly will finish the fight.

Last edited:
Back