Skip to main content

BBUSA 14 - Premiere & Week 1 Episodes (SPOILERS)

Most predictable premiere ever - within minutes of the first promo airing we'd all worked out the twist and I think I know the opening spiel off by heart now. Also although the returning HGs are far less annoying than last year (though I've no respect for Boogie and Janelle returning for a third time, especially as they both have babies at home) it's an awful, awful, twist - and something the ex-HGs seem to have only agreed to because they believe Alison Grodner is so predictable she'll ensure they get the chance to compete for the $500,000 too.

And so far my criticism of the house being the same year in year out has been mainly about the cosmetics, but they've probably got one of the biggest budgets yet are pretty much the only show never to change their layout. They need to now to use the house to their advantage - perhaps this mentor thing might be more interesting if they were either hidden in a secret area, coaching from afar, or the house could have zones for winning and losing teams each week. Every year they pretty much rely on the cast to provide the twist, so how about they start letting the house dictate the season instead.

I'm pretty certain the Chenbot has had work done since last year too. They've done a good job with the FoTH (Front of the House), but not so much the Face of the Host.

Since I found out Boogie has gone back in, i'm giving this one a big miss. May d/l the whole series at a later date if i'm super dooper bored out of my brain.

Well I did expect most of what was happening, shocked that a Housemate was evicted on Day 1 (not a typical USA twist). Something is going to happen though. Jodi is still in sequester apparently because none of the post-eviction interviews has happened. I am sensing that if the next evictee and Jodi isn't released soon then we may have another returning Housemate again, either via public vote or hybrid public vote/battle.

I haven't given up on this season yet, I think it is in a position to be one of the better post All Stars to date but depends on how they handle the coaches. I am hoping Big Brother keeps the dual game going until the end and doesn't merge everyone into the same game.

God, Joe's voice almost is enough to make you want to be locked in a room with Rachel for the rest of your life.

Willie was the first HoH. He nominated Frank and Kara for eviction.

Mike "Boogie won Coaches comp and decided to save Ian.

Shane won POV and decided not to use it.

Back