Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

Where can you watch this season been looking but can't find the episodes anywhere

CBS's commitment to casting diversity makes me hopeful for this year, especially given how poorly AS2 went last year.

Really hoping we get a great season like BBCAN9 🤞

CBS's commitment to casting diversity makes me hopeful for this year, especially given how poorly AS2 went last year.

Really hoping we get a great season like BBCAN9 🤞
My biggest hope is after the disaster that was AS2 that their commitment to diversity signals that they’ve also looked at the production as a whole and made some other changes. Realistically they won’t to the extent I’d envision but even some minor changes would be welcome.

In terms of greatness I’m just hoping for some decent casting and gameplay that doesn’t involve a mass dominate alliance.

One of the best series of BB I’ve watched was BBCAN1; which even though it wasn’t a gameplay heavy series it was an interesting cast of characters and wasn’t dominated by a majority of the cast.

That promo just highlights how dated and unloved by CBS Big Brother is - feels like Love Island has had more money spent on it in three years than Big Brother has in 20 years.

That promo just highlights how dated and unloved by CBS Big Brother is - feels like Love Island has had more money spent on it in three years than Big Brother has in 20 years.
Hate to say it but I’ve watched more of Love Island than I have of BB in years.

Finally some actual news, with the producers basically spelling out the format for the first month.

- Live premiere - will enter in 4 groups of 4 to determine 4 team captains, who will have access to pre-season footage before choosing teams

- Team twist for 4 weeks - HoH and their team immune for week. First "HoH" will have a "double or nothing" twist for the winner.

- New Sunday Wildcard comp in which one person from each of the other teams competes - have the option to accept Safety for themselves but as a result either they, their team or the entire house will be punished.

- They're pushing "Risk/Reward" as the theme of the season, though in reality it's teams (for the 4th time) which will be abandoned after 4 weeks for the rest of the season to play out as normal.

Finally some actual news, with the producers basically spelling out the format for the first month.

- Live premiere - will enter in 4 groups of 4 to determine 4 team captains, who will have access to pre-season footage before choosing teams

- Team twist for 4 weeks - HoH and their team immune for week. First "HoH" will have a "double or nothing" twist for the winner.

- New Sunday Wildcard comp in which one person from each of the other teams competes - have the option to accept Safety for themselves but as a result either they, their team or the entire house will be punished.

- They're pushing "Risk/Reward" as the theme of the season, though in reality it's teams (for the 4th time) which will be abandoned after 4 weeks for the rest of the season to play out as normal.

I’ll take teams I guess over a return of a duos twist. That said having it take place over 4 weeks feels like we’re just biding time for the real show to start in week 5.

No doubt we’re still going to have a veto in this mix somewhere when it would be much simpler to drop the veto in favour of the Wildcard comp with the HoH nominating one member of each remaining team. It would certainly add a different dynamic to the early game and add to the risk/reward theme they’re pushing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wildcard twist is to be safe they have to choose a teammate as the third nominee.

im really excited for this, but tbh it just sounds like BB18 just instead an individual becomes immune not the whole team and its 100% newbies. TBH despite how disappointing the results were in BB22, I found the amount of twists it had to be acceptable. The safety suite was nothing too crazy and it awarded immunity which is a completely valid and safe prize to include. It only stayed for 3 weeks and I think the fact they could only use their pass once was a fun extra element. The triple was obviously the one I have the biggest issue with but I mean really I'd rather it over some of the shit that was in BB19 like the haunting hex. The HoH comp replay power was a good one, I also liked the the blocker and disrupter powers as they were minimal in impact. Although the disrupter power along with the veto being used in week 6 did result in a messy week where Dani had to literally nominate half of the house. I feel the number of twists in BB22 were just fine and I would have been happy for it to stay like this. Theres potential for BB23 to begin a better new era for BB, IMO I feel like a teams twist may be a step in the wrong direction but I will be happy to be proven wrong.

The Safety Suite flopped for me because it didn't lead to any surprises - happening before the nominations and the prize and winner being known meant that the week just played out normally with no threat of plans being screwed, other than perhaps not being able to nominate your first choice at the very beginning of the week. They kind of needed the Disruptor/Replay style powers from the off just so the housemates didn't have everything sussed from the very beginning.

A few interviews going around now but I've seen one where Alison pretty much confirmed they'll do another triple eviction, stating it was so different to a double (yes, right!) and thinking it worked well last year, when really it killed off what was already a dying season.

TBH I don't mind them doing one and I like giving a double/triple eviction more time than just squeezing it into an hour long show, but for me unless you really need to trim the numbers I think to justify it you need to end the triple with a competition for one of the three evictees to return. Obviously Canada did that with a double this year, which wasn't really executedas well as it could be - but the potential is there for much more of an impact by having a returnee come back straight away, especially if it's someone they'd target in a double/triple, than a few weeks later - and covid wise it's the safest way to incorporate a returning housemate.

It seems to me production have essentially thrown in the towel this year in terms of creative and are saying there’s little they can/are willing to do that hasn’t already been done. Without stating it implicitly they are essentially relying on the cast to do much of the heavy lifting. Let’s hope they deliver. Further to that it seems rather odd that they’ve gone with risk/reward as a theme with a season of retooled previously used twists.

Also anyone else get the impression from Grodner’s answer regarding 50% BIPOC casting that she seemed rather annoyed that CBS imposed that one them?

Big Brother Network.Big Brother 23 Cast: Meet The Houseguests – Bios & Pics.58 mins ago

Cast officially revealed. Reading these houseguest's bios worries me a little as a lot of them refer to BB14, BB16 and BB20 (specifically Cody and Derrick and a lot of Dan's Funeral) which makes me think alot of these people haven't watched beyond those seasons. There seems to be some old school fans of the show, but I am predicting Derrick's mass alliance strategy will continue it's seemingly immortal big brother life

Big Brother Network.Big Brother 23 Cast: Meet The Houseguests – Bios & Pics.58 mins ago

Cast officially revealed. Reading these houseguest's bios worries me a little as a lot of them refer to BB14, BB16 and BB20 (specifically Cody and Derrick and a lot of Dan's Funeral) which makes me think alot of these people haven't watched beyond those seasons. There seems to be some old school fans of the show, but I am predicting Derrick's mass alliance strategy will continue it's seemingly immortal big brother life
I can’t say I’m surprised with an average age of around 27 most would have started watching BB around the time I started losing interest. I’ll be 37 on Keisha’s Birthday.

That said you can respect the way a person played the game and still want to play your own. Reading the interviews I get the impression that we have at least a handful of independent thinkers so let’s hope that’s enough. It should also be noted that a lot of the Derrick & Cody answers forced on how loyal they were to each other which is not necessarily bad 💁🏼‍♂️.

Back