Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

Much deserved and amazing to go from being axed from the spin off to hosting the main show in a decade, though she is a different class of presenter nowadays.

Worth remembering last week though Roman Kemp was reportedly about to sign a deal so nothing is final until it's final. I wouldn't actually mind to see them co-hosting. That would at least set it apart from what has come before.

Much deserved and amazing to go from being axed from the spin off to hosting the main show in a decade, though she is a different class of presenter nowadays.

Worth remembering last week though Roman Kemp was reportedly about to sign a deal so nothing is final until it's final. I wouldn't actually mind to see them co-hosting. That would at least set it apart from what has come before.
IMO the show only needs one presenter and AJ is different enough from previous presenters that her alone is enough for the refreshed vision ITV have for the show.

Call me a purist but the BB presenter has been and should remain female.

ITV are reportedly set to commission a drama based around the early years of Big Brother too, supposedly around Ruth Wrigley and her role in making it a success.

Even as a massive fan of the original incarnation that's a pretty hard sell.

ITV are reportedly set to commission a drama based around the early years of Big Brother too, supposedly around Ruth Wrigley and her role in making it a success.

Even as a massive fan of the original incarnation that's a pretty hard sell.
I would watch, but it's a baffling commission that will struggle to pull in viewers. A documentary would have probably made more sense, and is cheaper to produce.

The interesting story is probably the Dutch original commission, not a UK exec buying it in the international formats market. From what we know C4 were pretty much fully on board with it early on too, so it's not like it was a battle to get it commissioned. We do know there was a bit of a battle with the Dutch format holders to make some tweaks to switch to a weekly eviction format rather than fortnightly, but that's about it.

I’m glad it’s not true - I’m not sure how interesting the concept of a popular channel buying a successful TV format is. If there were to be a BB drama adaptation, the only story I can think of is the race row and how it dominated the country/ world and what went on behind the scenes. But it’s a good 12-15 years too late for that one too.

A documentary taking viewers right back to the beginning would be interesting. Big Brother Exposed: The Inside Story is still an interesting watch, but really focusing on the initial creation of the show would be a new spin on a story we’ve generally seen discussed quite a bit on TV.

Another little titbit of info picked up from elsewhere is that as I suspected the delay from the Spring to the Autumn next year is nothing to do with scheduling but all to do with the house. The initial plan was for it to be at Bovingdon as widely predicted but it fell through, so they're now having to look elsewhere.

Another little titbit of info picked up from elsewhere is that as I suspected the delay from the Spring to the Autumn next year is nothing to do with scheduling but all to do with the house. The initial plan was for it to be at Bovingdon as widely predicted but it fell through, so they're now having to look elsewhere.
Source?

Well they have to announce itself early enough for auditions. Trouble is now fans expect, irrationally in some cases, to be informed of every decision along the way.

October is very late though and I agree it might slip to Spring 2024. Whether they'll be another Winter Love Island next January looks doubtful as the series airing now has been a ratings gs flop with absolutely zero buzz around it.

Well they have to announce itself early enough for auditions. Trouble is now fans expect, irrationally in some cases, to be informed of every decision along the way.

October is very late though and I agree it might slip to Spring 2024. Whether they'll be another Winter Love Island next January looks doubtful as the series airing now has been a ratings gs flop with absolutely zero buzz around it.
I can appreciate the obvious need to announce something like this in advance while also acknowledging how much of a disastrous this rollout appears to be. Leaving it be just a rumour until they could work out more of the details would have been a much better idea IMO.

Back