Skip to main content

BB bumped on October 7 (Mon) - scheduling heads up

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
According to advanced guides, Big Brother for Monday October 7 will be bumped to 8:45 pm due to Australia's Got Talent finals at 7 pm. AGT itself bumped from Sunday due to the NRL Grand Final. The run time is still 90 minutes, so Big Brother won't finish until 10:15 pm.

I wonder if that daily show will be slightly less censored - while still keeping to the PG category?

bbau9-2013-schedulingNRLfinals.jpg

I'm am please that the show is in a later time slot but all the schedule changes are doing my head in. Australia TV networks do this all the time. Why can't they just pick a time and leave it where it is. I know channel 9 are 1 billion dollars in debt but do they have work experience people running their programing department to save money or something. This is insane

In Brisbane it's 9.45pm. Then 8pm after that instead of 7 after that because of some stupid new afternoon news sow as well as their normal news at 7.

One can only hope.

Highly doubt it, unfortunately.

I'm am please that the show is in a later time slot but all the schedule changes are doing my head in. Australia TV networks do this all the time. Why can't they just pick a time and leave it where it is. I know channel 9 are 1 billion dollars in debt but do they have work experience people running their programing department to save money or something. This is insane

THiS is why I think the series lost ratings momentum in the first few weeks. Humans are creatures of habit. Die hard fans look at advanced schedules or even just rely on good folks like [MENTION=677]marquisite[/MENTION] to know when the show is on. However for the regular punters they will watch if it is easy to find. That means it needs to be on the same time very day, predictably. I have no idea why the networks seemingly do not understand this basic human trait.

All that being said, I don't want to blow up the issue of ONE scheduling change due to NRL Grand Final, it's just a symptom of a wider problematic misconception.

So from Sonia's sign off from the tonight's Eviction, the delayed Monday show next week will be when one of the female intruders leaves. As there's no tickets on sale for this show, the eviction will either be recorded days earlier (like Justynn's departure where one housemate says "it's time to go") or possibly done live with a small-scale nominations audience. I'm thinking the former is more likely.

If the former is true, that also means there's going to be more live feed blackouts between when they're evicted and when it airs on TV. Great...

Last edited:
I know this is due to AGT & NRL finals and thats cool, but it is always a bad sign when TV shows start getting pushed back to later time slots and having the days change. It is usually the sign of impending death. I hope this isn't the case here though.

I know this is due to AGT & NRL finals and thats cool, but it is always a bad sign when TV shows start getting pushed back to later time slots and having the days change. It is usually the sign of impending death. I hope this isn't the case here though.

Well, look at last night's ratings? They certainly didn't set the room on fire!

Yep, it shows a complete lack of faith in the show to stand up to the competition.

Back