Skip to main content

BB Australia 2013 HM Popularity Tracker - Graph

R

riddim

As requested, here it is in its very own thread.

As noted elsewhere, I've taken the first post from each page of the BB Australia 2013 HM Popularity Tracker thread, rescaled each week from 0-100, and plotted each HM's score as a line.

Here is a link to the raw image - If you click on the image, and then click the link at the bottom to "view raw image", you will be able to see it in its largest resolution. (It is too big to post inline)

It's pretty interesting how HM's have gone up or down over the season. It could also potentially form the basis for identifying critical points in different HM's journeys. Why did Tim turn around on August 7th, going from least liked to most liked in a week? What happened around August 20th that turned Jade's season around? What happened August 28th to pull the rug out from under Drew's support?

I'm sure you can find other points of interest.

I will try to update this weekly.

Thanks so much. I had expected Drew's line to be more drastic. from top to doing down fast. Apparently he is still liked but not loved,
I agree with you that is is interesting.

Yeah thanks. But I think we need to see the absolute numbers not percentages, it looks like Matt is going up, but really it's because he's not going down as fast as Tully.

Yeah thanks. But I think we need to see the absolute numbers not percentages, it looks like Matt is going up, but really it's because he's not going down as fast as Tully.

I did post it that way originally, somewhere around page 50-55 of the popularity thread. The problem is that the numbers are growing every week - the top point spread the first few days was only a few dozen points, now it's over 600. Because of this, a lot of the subtlety is gone - and nothing is visible the first half of the graph because all the lines are so close!

I would also argue that matt actually is going up - at least in the sense that people have stopped down-voting him and have opted to down-vote others. So relative to the bottom, he's trending back towards the middle. My opinion is that after dropping due to his disrespectful and misogynstic comments, the invisible edit has helped people forget, and focus on other, more volatile personalities.

I did post it that way originally, somewhere around page 50-55 of the popularity thread. The problem is that the numbers are growing every week - the top point spread the first few days was only a few dozen points, now it's over 600. Because of this, a lot of the subtlety is gone - and nothing is visible the first half of the graph because all the lines are so close!

I would also argue that matt actually is going up - at least in the sense that people have stopped down-voting him and have opted to down-vote others. So relative to the bottom, he's trending back towards the middle. My opinion is that after dropping due to his disrespectful and misogynstic comments, the invisible edit has helped people forget, and focus on other, more volatile personalities.

Okay, I might try to find it. Well swings and roundabouts on the formatting I guess.

It should not be hard to automatically generate the graph every say 12 hours or so, so that someone doesn't have to spend time going through the posts manually to get the the points for the graph. I am a little busy but I will see if I can find some time this weekend to work on it

This is based on votes since page 63 (basically since Heidi's eviction), but shows the percentage of posts where people have voted for each particular housemate (either up or down). So 64% of posts either up or down vote Tahan, and 19% of posts either up or down vote Matt. The average would be 40% (4 votes spread over 10 people). Interestingly, Tim is only average in terms of impact this week, and Tully is now running below average.

New Picture (1).jpg

This is based on votes since page 63 (basically since Heidi's eviction), but shows the percentage of posts where people have voted for each particular housemate (either up or down). So 64% of posts either up or down vote Tahan, and 19% of posts either up or down vote Matt. The average would be 40% (4 votes spread over 10 people). Interestingly, Tim is only average in terms of impact this week, and Tully is now running below average.

View attachment 33375

I think the decrease in Tully/Tim activity is partly attributable to some people thinking "oh Tully has enough negatives I'm gonna give a negative to someone else that I hate to prove my point" or "Tim has enough likes, I'm gonna give some +'s to this other housemate that I also like" ...well that's how I think anyway :p

that's a pretty intersting way to look at it. [MENTION=32817]tiarne[/MENTION] is right that there's almost certainly a lot of donkey voting around people who voters might feel "are rightly placed", but someone who's not creating interest, as matt clearly hasn't in some time, has to be a higher eviction risk. those already at the extremes are probably still generating enough sentiment to be voted for saving (as opposed to on our forum poll)

Back