Skip to main content

BB 2014 launch was distinctly underwhelming

Was this show the work of the new love show director? Or not because it was pre recorded?

I think it's cause it looked like the set cost about $5, Sonia was unfortunately (cause she preggers I suppose?!) and it was way too rushed.
But still enjoyed it.

I think it's cause it looked like the set cost about $5, Sonia was unfortunately (cause she preggers I suppose?!) and it was way too rushed.
But still enjoyed it.
Do you know how much it costs to have a rear projection screen that big?

They may have spent heaps on the screen and visuals (which were done on the fly), but everything still managed to look cheap.

I don't know what the "cheap" filter is on cameras (maybe it's lack of depth of field?) but BBAU has it in spades. Especially when the hand/shoulder held cameras followed the pairs up to the entry gate, it looked super cheapo.

They may have spent heaps on the screen and visuals (which were done on the fly), but everything still managed to look cheap.

I don't know what the "cheap" filter is on cameras (maybe it's lack of depth of field?) but BBAU has it in spades. Especially when the hand/shoulder held cameras followed the pairs up to the entry gate, it looked super cheapo.
It was like the vision was too clear (good for nudie runs etc.) but in day to day viewing of the HM's it was nearly distracting.

They need the NCIS Miami filter, that makes everything look pretty

Are you kidding ? This looks like the most expensive set Ch 9 have ever done! The lights on the stage alone are worth over $15,000. Those projectors double stacked with 20,000 lumens each, They are not cheap. LED Strips over and around the screen - last year had nothing of that. Take a look back to the eye (first season of ch 9) Now that looked cheap!

Are you kidding ? This looks like the most expensive set Ch 9 have ever done! The lights on the stage alone are worth over $15,000. Those projectors double stacked with 20,000 lumens each, They are not cheap. LED Strips over and around the screen - last year had nothing of that. Take a look back to the eye (first season of ch 9) Now that looked cheap!

Still didn't stop the set from looking cheap though.

I guess I am the only one who liked Sonia's dance. She looked epic and diva-ish walking down the plank. :inlove:

I was happy the dance routine was to the BB theme song and not to "The Power".

I don't mind the dance routines at the start of the launch anymore. It's just part of BB now and Sonia has a good time. :)

This was honestly the best launch since, I don't know, the channel 10 days.

I was hooked up quickly with the housemates. They mostly seem likable and fun to watch.

BB13 had the most depressing launch with too many lackluster gimmicks and underwhelming 'twists'. BB12 was only exciting because the show finally returned. But their housemates didn't grow into me until a few weeks. BB13 mostly had boring housemates (sorry '13 fans). This year does seem like a big stepover. But let's wait and see..

This was honestly the best launch since, I don't know, the channel 10 days.

I was hooked up quickly with the housemates. They mostly seem likable and fun to watch.

BB13 had the most depressing launch with too many lackluster gimmicks and underwhelming 'twists'. BB12 was only exciting because the show finally returned. But their housemates didn't grow into me until a few weeks. BB13 mostly had boring housemates (sorry '13 fans). This year does seem like a big stepover. But let's wait and see..

Now if only we had live updates.

It must have been the editing, the short cuts to the audience reminded me of a dodgy sbs game show. Give it a few days when we are only viewing the house, hopefully it'll pick up.

One of my favourite parts about the launch is watching the housemates meet and size each other up in the house as they enter. I really missed not having a good chunk of that so feel like I don't really have a good feel for them yet.

i feel like it was partially because we knew everything already, so nothings was really there to surprise us, also it was very rushed, and that wasnt a house tour, its was like the facebook House Sneak peek they forgot to post.

One of my favourite parts about the launch is watching the housemates meet and size each other up in the house as they enter. I really missed not having a good chunk of that so feel like I don't really have a good feel for them yet.

I agree - I think everyone already had made their minds up about how the Big Brother game was played, and went in with a game plan, but this twist has probably had to make a lot of people re-think their strategies. And the meeting on stage for the first time was a good way of judging how people act naturally in unexpected situations.

Back