Skip to main content

BB 2014 launch was distinctly underwhelming

I watched bits and pieces again, I have to say Sonia isn't a good host at all, when she talks to the camera it comes across condescending, which might be good for mid morning television, but no, just no. Like a story book reader at a pantomime, forced and awkward, I had hoped she would grow into the role by now...

The beginning seemed a bit rushed to get into it -- it just dawned on me they were probably trying to stop the Block viewers from switching away. However that meant it didn't really feel 'introduced' properly.

i hated the cheap nasty, "power" lighting shit at the start.
house tour sucked, couldn't get a good feel for the house.
and the picking the partner thing, was shit, totally rigged and pre planned

The beginning seemed a bit rushed to get into it -- it just dawned on me they were probably trying to stop the Block viewers from switching away. However that meant it didn't really feel 'introduced' properly.

Sonia swanning down the runway would have got them switching in no time, they should of started with the block judges tour of the house to tie them in

Sonia swanning down the runway would have got them switching in no time, they should of started with the block judges tour of the house to tie them in
Yeah agreed. Lol Sonia was OK -- but it would have been a good cross-promo and kept some eyeballs if they began with the judges critiquing the house.

Yeah agreed. Lol Sonia was OK -- but it would have been a good cross-promo and kept some eyeballs if they began with the judges critiquing the house.

I watched it back, second time was much more cringeworthy, she should of risen up from the stage dramatically in her promo outfit while the soildgold dancers did their thing, because that sashay down the runway was just
AwkwardLaugh.gif

Sonia's dance...... wtf was that all about? Noooooooooo that was way bad! But once that was done and I picked my jaw off the ground I thought the rest was a pretty good start to the show. Particularly with those 2 girls watching everyone, that was a good twist.

I never miss a chance to bag BBAU, but I thought it was a solid launch. Last year I turned the launch off after ten minutes and never watched the show again (seriously). This year I think I will watch.

I just wish there was a live stream and Uncut so we could actually get to know the housemates.

Yah Big Brother is BACK!!

However, the pairing was very awkward and I feel Sonia didn't explain very clearly about the pairing situation to the newbies.

Also, I would have loved more footage of what was going on in the house - the first impressions and the meet and greets etc. We are already a day behind so I don't want to miss a thing. Really like the vibe so far of the HMs (except for Katie)

I watched it back, second time was much more cringeworthy, she should of risen up from the stage dramatically in her promo outfit while the soildgold dancers did their thing, because that sashay down the runway was just
AwkwardLaugh.gif
yeah ok just watched it again... a bit cringey.

I like Sonia. Her role is different to Gretels because the show is different and not so big and interactive. Now they just have a host and Sonia is great at it. I did like that there were more questions and sarcasm in Gretels days but she was also judge and jury and if she didn't like you she would go for the throat. She was a bit scary and always seemed like a grumpy, scolding, teacher.

She got to question them more and spent much more time on air and with the contestants so comparing the two on how involved or how much they like the show is unfair, they have two totally different roles. And Sonia's dressed much better, but they could lose the dancing...please...lose the dancing.

It was a bit underwhelming, wasn't it. I went to bed acknowledging I felt a bit disappointed. It finished while I was still waiting for it to start.

No obviously personality-disordered chick, sigh. And - no handsome dark-haired men! Last year I went to bed smiling happily as I liked so many of them, and batting my eyelashes and thinking about Ed in his suit... Ha. That didn't last long.

well the footy guy is already wanting to learn how to "surf" in the bath with his mate, so that could get interesting...

Maybe if they made BB how it used to be then it'd be more better

The stage/auditorium looked 10x bigger

The purple isn't even a good colour for bb

The eye sucks

I like the house but there's nothing saying its the big brother house besides the mirrors, it looks like the block

Everything was so much better

I don't usually whine and complain but
Yup.

I thought it was a good launch, it seemed a bit fake at first but got much better towards the end, I liked how Priya said "let me just explain our reason, because we wanted to put a pair in there that makes the most of it"

The dancing was weird at the beginning. It made me feel uncomfortable and was super awkward. I know absolutely nothing about the housemates and I don't like any of them so far. I agree, the launch was lame.

It was extraordinarily lacklustre. BORING. Last year I was hooked within minutes and this year I spent scrolling through my phone, barely engaged at all. Except when required to troll the twitterverse with my opinions. YAWN. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm not even sure I'll set the IQ for this series.... B-L-A-N-D.

Oh my, the Sonia flailing down the ramp was atrocious, the camera work and her - I thought she was going to fall over and maybe she was supposed to get blown away????
Whoever choreographed all that should be shot, it was gaspingly awful - would have been better if she was dressed like the promo & they flew her in like Pink:)

What happened to the Block judges tour? I was looking forward to that bit.
The actual structure is more intriguing than the cast, the Miami drug lord thing will keep me watching until I have had a good geek at that fun looking house.

Back