Skip to main content

Ava: Playing a very smart game?

CaspersMum

Yanked to Oz
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Has anyone considered the possibility that Ava may be playing a great game?

She saw the housemates interactions. Perhaps she thought it would be great strategy to align herself with misfit of the house so she can get the "Aw....look at how awesome she is with poor little Estelle." vote?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think given the general public don't really hold Estelle in that kind of high regard, aligning yourself with that person would be the most retarded "game playing" tactic of all time.

If Ava had made a hasty B line to the 'popular' members, I might agree, but Estelle is like the social outcast in the house.

Buuuuuuuut...with the amount of threads claiming bullying etc etc against Estelle, I'd say coddling her and being her friend might be a smart move.

Estelle's yanked the sympathy vote well and truly out of B-Rads hands. Befriending her might give Ava all the "Oh what a good person *sigh*" points available.

Yep, Ava is coming off as a total honey, genuine, caring, compassionate, kind, confident. She's taking Layla's spot as Layla fades into George's foliage.

I think they just like each other, for now...

I quite like the lot of them, I think Estelle brings a great flavour in the house. The only housemate I really didn't like is Sarah.

I think given Estelles age and life experience she handles herself very well. Like all the housemates, she has been taken completely out of her comfort zone, she doesn't have her usual support network, she is at times very alone in the house and yet she keeps that ballsy don't give a fuck attitude and keeps sparkling. I admire that in a person.

I'll take her at her word at this stage and accept that there's no game plan or strategy. From her introduction on stage, Ava came across as very nice and agreeable. My feeling is that she's developed a natural empathy for Estelle watching the show, went in to be neutral for the most part and then she encountered this emotional black hole.

It's probably quite comforting in one respect to walk into a well bonded gang of people and be totally enveloped by one of them rather than be overwhelmed by all the demanding personalities. The down side is that the one doing the enveloping is the one who isn't bonding, the outlier. A new HM enters with all the excitement and novelty she brings to their hermetically sealed society and Estelle goes and hangs a denial of access notice on her.

In acquiring a friend to end her isolation Estelle may have just alienated herself further. Even Layla, the soft cuddly marshmallow of the house is complaining. And what a Freudian slip it was when she was talking about not having any time with Ava. "I'll just wait till Estelle gets bored or is evicted." I get the impression the house has totally written Estelle off now.

If Estelle goes on Sunday, how awkward for Ava.

When George called Layla Ava last night, ooooooooo. But then I tend to call him "WHO?"

I just need to say this---WTF is with the humongous combover?? I can't work out that hair at all!!

Buuuuuuuut...with the amount of threads claiming bullying etc etc against Estelle, I'd say coddling her and being her friend might be a smart move.

I'm not so sure the general public are as keen on bully issue exploitation as is in evidence here. Watching the DS I spotted a few tweets saying things like, "50 shades of awkward" when Estelle had screen time. And the production reinforces that by showing Michael in the DR using Josh as a prop to demonstrate through parody just how awkward they're finding her.

Estelle is alienated in the house but I don't believe she is necessarily a victim and I say that out of respect for her. In that highly artificial situation of BB that goes by the misnomer of 'reality' she's not fitting in. That's not really anyone's fault. HMs don't have to like her and she doesn't have to like them. Some viewers might regard her with sympathy and some might be watching through their fingers willing her to leave their discomfiture.

50 Shades of Awkward?!! LOL!!!

I don't think she is any sort of victim either. Totally agreed on that.

That's not really anyone's fault. HMs don't have to like her and she doesn't have to like them. Some viewers might regard her with sympathy and some might be watching through their fingers willing her to leave their discomfiture.

I agree with every thing you have stated. I'm afraid I am a viewer of the latter. Last night, the arrow and heart scene had me looking anywhere but at the tv, as with the dancing. Not only was it cringe worthy, but, well... embarrassing.

If Ava is playing the game so to speak, she would have been better aligning herself with the most likely to win, Michael or even Brad.

I am honestly hoping that Estelle leaves this weekend as it would be interesting to see if the HM's would then view Ava as the new weirdo.

Yeah I was definitely flipping between BB and just about anything else last night during several Estelle-Ava interactions. It was cringeworthy.

I remember that Ava said before she went into the house that she probably would get along with Stacey the most. So I'm not sure that befriending Estelle was a tactical move and more so just a happy accident.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Ava may be playing a great game?

Apart from the Estelle thing she is playing a very good game. Estelle is going & this lesbian thing is probably a beat up.

She seems to have lots of people skills & hopefully will not follow all the silly mind games others are playing.

No, that would be a stupid game..aligning with someone who is on the outter.
She's simply a decent human being.

Back