Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 17 Discussion

I've liked the results of 3 tribals in a row now. Not that I dislike Anneliese exactly but it does put the annoying Peter in a worse position and I never liked the twist so I wanted it played out. Tessa is up against it but not down and out yet. And the talk about 'how dare Locky make a move' seemed strange to me, as this is Survivor and he was always on the bottom of their group, so why the surprise? The only thing with Ziggy's move is that Locky isn't really as big a target for her to hide behind as Henry and Jericho (who have done better in challenges than Locky).

This superidol twist is still not completely clear to me though. First a 'superidol' by definition virtually is played after the votes are read, and that's the reason many Survivor fans don't like them as they confer too much power. Yet here it was played before. And it's still not clear exactly what she told Henry and whether he knows about the immunity part. In the episode I think she said she could use it to nullify or as an immunity. I'm assuming she meant what we all think (that it's not an either but an and, so she still has the immunity part), and there's either another part to the idol she didn't hand in or she gets it given back.

The music was used for a couple fakeouts rather than just indicating a dramatic high point, which was refreshing. And some variety to the immunity challenge this time.

I've worked my fair share of nights and very long days. That was BRTV. Once I was locking the school gates at 6:15. My purpose was clear....quick stop at the wine shop, home, dial a pizza, slide to the couch for Masterchef. A van hit me and my car. I rang an ambulance and my friend that lived quite close by. He said I was sitting in the mud, crying my eyes out and saying, "I just want to go home, drink wine and watch Masterchef."
I love the shift work and have another week of nights coming up in a few weeks. If I'm going to see almost nothing of a show I like I am not in a hurry to get home and I was on foot for half of the trip anyway. If you know Melbourne at all, I had Punt Rd hill to tackle, lol. I ended up watching it on tenplay with my takeaway pasta and some wine.

Nothing wrong with Chateau de Cardboard if you choose the right brands.
It comes down to taste really, just like what's in a bottle and it's trial and error anyway. I will drink Chateau but I will not give it to guests. If you decant it, plenty of folks wouldn't have a clue either.[DOUBLEPOST=1505770978][/DOUBLEPOST]
No-one's throwing Luke's name around! I'm happy.
His time will come. Mind you, he's possibly breathing sighs of relief that he's not mentioned.

I didn't really understand the exact power of the superidol either, and it seemed neither did the other contestants. Anneliese at first looked thrilled when Ziggy played hers, as, like me, she probably thought Ziggy was going to use it to nullify the person who got the most votes, ie, to SAVE her. That was what I expected - all of the votes to be for Annaliese and, say, Locky, and then afterwards Ziggy decides which one to save with the idol. So it went the opposite way to what I was expecting. It's just one unnecessary complication, just let them play the game. An idol is an idol, it's shouldn't be overruled because someone else has a better one.

As starry said, Annaliese really shouldn't have been there, having already been voted out once, along with Tara.

I'm assuming she meant what we all think (that it's not an either but an and, so she still has the immunity part), and there's either another part to the idol she didn't hand in or she gets it given back.

I thought it was a two-piece contraption - physically, two interlocking pieces - and she's handed in/played the outer piece that allows her to nullify an idol, and kept the inner piece that forms a hidden immunity idol. At least it looked as if she handed in the outer ring. The only thing I can see them giving back is the string the whole thing hung on, so she can hang her (remaining) hidden immunity idol on that,

Haven't read the thread yet, but what a stupid result. a) Annaliese was such a nothing player that targeting her at this stage instead of an actual threat was idiotic and b) Ziggy is an idiot who completed wasted her advantage and is now back to being on the bottom of the boys pack. Frankly she deserves to go next after that.
And all the smug ones are sitting pretty, it's like they are eliminating in order of nicest person first, so soon we'll just be left with a bunch of wankers.
Well she was my sweep pick, but really didn't care for her at all.

I thought it was a two-piece contraption - physically, two interlocking pieces - and she's handed in/played the outer piece that allows her to nullify an idol, and kept the inner piece that forms a hidden immunity idol. At least it looked as if she handed in the outer ring. The only thing I can see them giving back is the string the whole thing hung on, so she can hang her (remaining) hidden immunity idol on that,

I assumed it was in two parts but I wish they'd made things like this clearer in the edit. We don't hear from her much in the confessionals. The low profile edit (as we had with Jarrad) makes me think she doesn't get near the end and maybe even gets blindsided.

Back