Skip to main content

Australian MasterChef 2013 Finale

tedfthis

OLD Member, Gold Coast
What a pathetic MasterChef 2013 finale. Some of the kids that were on a previous Junior Masterchef, would have beaten these poor performers. No Peter Gilmore or Adriano Zumbo creations in the Grand Finale, probably for the reason, that none of the contestants were competent enough, to execute them.

This would have to have been, the poorest set of contestants in Masterchef history. As for being allowed to use a another whole salmon, just to get three pieces of skin off it, beggars belief, its a good job they don't have to work to a monetary budget, or pay for the ingredients they use. Such total wastage, shouldn't be condoned. They got to choose their own dishes in the first 2 rounds, then were given one of the easier desserts, that we have seen featured in MasterChef history, for the final round. No wonder the programme didnt rate well. If this was the best bunch they could find for 2013, its pointless making another series for 2014.

I agree, it was an extremely weak finale. The tension & suspense was non-existant. Will the slightly competent home cook be able to do ANYTHING AT ALL THEY WANT TO with a piece of chicken, or will they stuff up completely what most of us do every day?
As for the final masterpiece of a dessert - it appeared to be some ridiculous thing that no one sane would dream of eating, never mind making. Cut me a slice of pumpkin honeycomb with green ice, said no one ever.

At least that Samira didn't win. I'd be shouting RIGGED! if she had.

She had more second chances and forgiveness than anyone on the show. Middle eastern coriander on a French dish? oh that's ok, so long as it has texture or appearance to it...

I agree, it was an extremely weak finale. The tension & suspense was non-existant. Will the slightly competent home cook be able to do ANYTHING AT ALL THEY WANT TO with a piece of chicken, or will they stuff up completely what most of us do every day?
As for the final masterpiece of a dessert - it appeared to be some ridiculous thing that no one sane would dream of eating, never mind making. Cut me a slice of pumpkin honeycomb with green ice, said no one ever.

Totally agree! I never thought I'd say this about a game show, but frankly, they lost all credibility when Rishi left. He was the only cook there.

Rishi was the best cook. deserved to win. Emma will fade back into anonymity.

Poor Rishi...he was such a strong contender in every facet of cooking throughout the whole series. He didn't deserve to go in my book. What a debacle the finale was. I couldn't believe the final 2. It just didn't make sense and I am also glad that Samirah didn't get through to the finale. There was hardly any variation in her dishes during the whole competition. It was an atrocious and embarrassing finale. So disappointed.

Back