Skip to main content

Anniversary of the Passing of BB housemate of the first series Gordon Sloan

mrB

a kit kat is a biscuit
Saturday 13 September was the day former housemate passed away
Gordon Sloan, an architect, entered the House on Day 1 and was evicted on Day 35. He later became a "human shield" in the Iraq War, with his exploits featured on Nine Network's A Current Affair. On 1 September 2007, Sloan mysteriously collapsed in Beijing. He was found to have collapsed in the corner of a nightclub, and when found, his lips had turned blue. He died on 13 September after not waking up from his coma and his family decided to turn off his life support. His family opted not to speak directly to the press. The media speculated that his collapse may have been due to a heroin overdose. Fellow Big Brother housemate Todd James said that Sloan would never have willingly taken heroin.
I thought it would be nice to remember him on here as he was the second person to enter the BB house in the first ever series a Melbourne boy who lived life to the full RIP Gordon

Since when do people do heroin in a nightclub, those things don't seem to go together very well.

There was something suss about it the heroin story didn't add up What really happened I don't know

I don't believe any other housemates have died but many of their attempted TV careers did

Was it the first night that Andi was being Dom to Gordon's sub? Regardless that was a hoot. He wasn't a bad guy, had a great bod. RIP

Yes indeed it was. She was a strange one Andy didn't last long I recall
I was working on Neighbours during that time and actually did a few scenes with Blair We chatted a little about BB and Gordon. I remember that Johnny was rumoured to be cast on Neighbours but the actors were dead against it , not myself I wasn't asked, so it must have taken some persuasion to get Blair on there. I did enjoy all the characters from the first season . Gordon was pretty cool

I was working on Neighbours during that time and actually did a few scenes with Blair We chatted a little about BB and Gordon. I remember that Johnny was rumoured to be cast on Neighbours but the actors were dead against it , not myself I wasn't asked, so it must have taken some persuasion to get Blair on there. I did enjoy all the characters from the first season . Gordon was pretty cool

Yeah Andi was evicted first....don't think the public was ready for her lol I loved Johnny.....he was a good sport.....him, Blair and Sara-Marie in the bedroom boozed up. Didn't Blair n Johnny kiss lol Yeah I enjoyed the first season, those guys had some fun. Didn't Gordon do pushups on tables apart or something. He was very athletic. He certainly was an individual. I almost fell off my chair when Blair landed the Neighbours gig. Lucky u being on Neighbours, I was into it back then :) Was it fact that he had been on BB that the other cast members didn't like?

Johnny came across as arrogant and a back stabber I liked how he played the game. I think the fact the actors were resistant to a nobody an untrained actor being part of the show was their main gripe about Johnny Blair had done some acting training after BB and was more ready for the transition. Johnny was an attempt to cross promote to have him on Neighbors would be publicity which I think most of the cast were not keen on. I had fun on Neighbours got to meet Holly Valance and many others BB was experimental and unique at that time and the novelty factor, it would have been the best time to be on it then. Gordon was quite buff and in for a laugh during that season I don't remember much conflict he had on it. I have been watching a few you tube clips of 2001 Gordon seemed up for the fun

Are you an actor? What else have you been on?

I did a little acting a few years ago I was on Neighbours for a couple episodes and i was on Wilfred and a few other things met a few famous people I am not in the caper now as I don't have an agent but I might get back in again some time soon It was fun seeing how things work in front and behind the cameras

Back