Skip to main content

Alex & co wasted a great opportunity regarding them buying the food.

Kaz

Awesome site donor
The dinner they got was $100 per person.

The HM's decided to buy 8 dinners & half it to make 16 meals.

When they were about to eat it, BB should have said, you only paid for 8, so only 8 can eat it.

Katie & Priya should have been made to choose the 8 & we would have had a great episode & fallout.

But no, they let them all eat the food.

Great point - it raises the issue of Big Brother being quite scripted now. I wouldn't be surprised if this idea was floated through the BB crew in conversation when it was too late to implement it.

Another situation that comes to mind is Big Brother reminding Priya/Katie at a much later time that they had failed to tell their fellow HM's that the $20K was out of the prize fund and it too seems to be a result of scripting (vs a spontaneous Big Brother reminder then and there)

I agree with all of the above. It has changed so much from what it first was. It is no longer organic but contrived which does not allow the viewer to form their own opinion of each housemate because we are 'fed' only what the producers want us to see. To broaden the audience it appears that it creates villains and goodies which really is evident in the casting.

The name should be changed to something like The House or The Compound because it ain't the show we all fell in love with all those years ago. :thumbsdown:

When they were about to eat it, BB should have said, you only paid for 8, so only 8 can eat it.

Katie & Priya should have been made to choose the 8 & we would have had a great episode & fallout.

It really is time that Nine evict Mavroidakis...

That would only have been fair if they told them ahead of time. But the cash holders on the spot to figure out whether to buy more, or not buy any, or buy something cheaper. Don't take it away without explaining the rules upfront..

Yeah, I actually was surprised when they were splitting the meals. I assumed it'd be per meal and only for that person.

To me this once again seems like a premise that they then can't fully follow through on.

Another situation that comes to mind is Big Brother reminding Priya/Katie at a much later time that they had failed to tell their fellow HM's that the $20K was out of the prize fund and it too seems to be a result of scripting (vs a spontaneous Big Brother reminder then and there)

Absolutely, they should have been fined $100 per hour for not following BB's instructions to tell them :sneaky:

I agree with all of the above. It has changed so much from what it first was. It is no longer organic but contrived which does not allow the viewer to form their own opinion of each housemate because we are 'fed' only what the producers want us to see. To broaden the audience it appears that it creates villains and goodies which really is evident in the casting.

The name should be changed to something like The House or The Compound because it ain't the show we all fell in love with all those years ago. :thumbsdown:

"Dreamworld"

Just remember, Big Brother stated that it is their money to keep.
So they can buy the meals for whoever they want (sharing or not) and spend it on what they want.
If he did decide to not allow them to split the meals, it would be a contradiction to his word.

Just remember, Big Brother stated that it is their money to keep.
So they can buy the meals for whoever they want (sharing or not) and spend it on what they want.
If he did decide to not allow them to split the meals, it would be a contradiction to his word.
No, not really.

Oh wait, you can't even see my response to this anyway.

Well, I was also expecting BB to say that only ONE person can consume ONE meal too.

As for not explaining that up front, the menu did state "$100 per person per serve"

And, in case that wasn't enough, there is ALWAYS this pearler : "Big brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time"

Honestly, I'm against the diner all together! The rule was - get the money, get the meal replacement shakes. I do like the OPs idea though - pay for 8, only 8 get to eat/drink. They definitely dropped the ball.

The hangry lash-outs would have been awesome to watch if they stuck to their guns about money = no actual food. Shakes only.

The housemates admitted it themselves - it had only been 1-2 days and they were already bitching about K&P and wanting food "desperately".

I mean... Jesus Christ.

And then on top of that BB gives them a banquet anyway.

Rather than cash dilemmas would be better - one HM from a pair can eat if the other spends the night in the fishbowl for example.

This is just another plot/twist that has fallen way shorten then it should.
It's the halfway house all over again!!!

BB didn't even wait 24hrs to open the diner, he should of left it till the next evening, give them time to grow hungry and bitchy.

It could of turned into a great idea and twist, but the team dropped it big time

I think it was ok since it was never said by Big Brother that they couldn't share the food bought - even from when the diner first opened. They were all talking about sharing coffees, remember?

Hearing them constantly moaning about being hangry and just moping about is boring. Glad they got a decent feed, hopefully that'll result in them being more their lively selves during the day.

Great point - it raises the issue of Big Brother being quite scripted now. I wouldn't be surprised if this idea was floated through the BB crew in conversation when it was too late to implement it.

They missed their opportunity with this though, they kept advertising a "storm" but as @Timdormer said, there really wasn't much of a storm. They should've had them tell them that they took 20k and that it was coming out of the prizemoney at the same time ... I'm sure we wouldn't have got all those "oh don't worry about it!" comments in reaction.
They need to get rid of the HoH because ultimately I don't see it working on BBAU, it may be good in theory but it just adds to the scripted element of the show and it just seems as though the Exec. Producers are taking away from the social experiment aspect of the show.

Back