Skip to main content

A Storm Is Coming (Big Brother 2014 Promo #1)

“Australia, this year it is power to the people. Your first chance to control what happens in my House starts before night one. You decide more than just who stays and who goes.”

“This is without a doubt going to be the most exciting series we’ve ever seen. From night one, Housemates will have to make immediate judgments which will have far reaching consequences into their Big Brother experience,” said Kruger.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I don't know if it has been suggested, but this whole "pair" thing seems to be the central component of this year's twist, so I'm trying to think of what that could possibly entail. This whole public deciding on something more than who stays or goes before night one made me think we could potentially see a "two of every kind" twist, where two similar housemates will be presented to the public before launch, and we have to decide which of the two actually enter the house, but I don't think they would do a twist like that. They like to have their cast set in stone before launch night, and they would not risk losing "key" housemates. Perhaps they will actually go through with a two house twist, with a doppelganger house, with doppelgangers of each housemate competing, but I think that's a bit too ambitious a concept, and wouldn't resonate well with viewers. Something like this is highly unlikely.

This whole "immediate judgements" angle makes me think the twist could be that the housemates will be forced to pair up with each other on opening night based purely on their first impressions. Housemates will nominate, be evicted and potentially win as pairs. This would certainly have far reaching consequences for their Big Brother experience, as who the housemates choose to pair off with will dictate how their time in the house pans out - wouldn't it be awful to be paired off with an asshole housemate who ruins your chances of winning by pissing the public off, or pairing off with someone you thought you liked but end up detesting? I don't know how evictions would work though, with each eviction being a double. They'd have to hold evictions once every two weeks, or have double the number of housemates, so something like that could be quite risky, as it meddles quite heavily with the way viewers expect the show to run. Perhaps an eviction show one week, and a show where some of the pairings are rearranged the next? Unlikely they would mess with the weekly evictions though, as those typically draw in the highest number of viewers. We need more hints... I don't really have much of a clue yet. By this stage last year we had already worked out there would be a house divide.

Based on the hints we are getting, it's likely the twist will involve housemate pairs, and some degree of housemates and the public making important decisions based purely on first impressions. They also claim to have cast more opinionated and controversial housemates, and the buzzword for this season is "storm", so I think they'll be pushing the housemates into situations that will generate conflict. I'm very much getting the idea we could be going for a similar angle as the UK did this year, with their "Big Brother: Power Trip" theme, where they filled the house with nasty people and blatantly manipulated them into fighting each other. In that series, the public chose Pauline as power housemate on night one because she seemed sassy and loveable, but she actually turned out to be a nasty sociopath and her decisions had a lasting effect on the course of that series. I'd be happy for more conflict, but I do like that our house isn't so miserable all the time, so I hope we don't see the heavy manipulation that was seen in the UK series this year. I'd just hate to see another series where the housemates divide into extreme cliques, as we saw in BB2012... that always makes for unpleasant viewing.

They also seem to be pushing this whole integrated social media thing, so I expect we'll see a lot of instantaneous decisions made by the public using the jump in platform. The official site has changed to a jump in site, so I think this is almost certain to have a bigger role in the show this year.

Anyway... I hope this twist truly is something spectacular and genuinely impressive. Last year's divide twist was surprisingly well executed for such a clichéd twist, even though I feel like it did fizzle out quite quickly.

Looks a storm is brewing around the BBAU 2014 Two-by-Two promo ;)

TVTonight investigates Adgate. Or is it Sponsorgate? _blank_-gate?
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/08/hear-the-difference-big-brother-ad-sounds-just-like-car-ad.html

What storm.. They are clearly 2 separate ads.. 2 different vocalist and 2 clearly different outcomes via lyrics and neither party are involved in cross sponsorship with eachother.. I don't get why the big deal.. Because they used a rehashed nursery rhyme? Pssh! Get back to some real reporting!

tumblr_nar3z1WkEe1seuriqo1_400.gif

Gets me everytime. :hilarious:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I don't know if it has been suggested, but this whole "pair" thing seems to be the central component of this year's twist, so I'm trying to think of what that could possibly entail. This whole public deciding on something more than who stays or goes before night one made me think we could potentially see a "two of every kind" twist, where two similar housemates will be presented to the public before launch, and we have to decide which of the two actually enter the house, but I don't think they would do a twist like that. They like to have their cast set in stone before launch night, and they would not risk losing "key" housemates. Perhaps they will actually go through with a two house twist, with a doppelganger house, with doppelgangers of each housemate competing, but I think that's a bit too ambitious a concept, and wouldn't resonate well with viewers. Something like this is highly unlikely.

This whole "immediate judgements" angle makes me think the twist could be that the housemates will be forced to pair up with each other on opening night based purely on their first impressions. Housemates will nominate, be evicted and potentially win as pairs. This would certainly have far reaching consequences for their Big Brother experience, as who the housemates choose to pair off with will dictate how their time in the house pans out - wouldn't it be awful to be paired off with an asshole housemate who ruins your chances of winning by pissing the public off, or pairing off with someone you thought you liked but end up detesting? I don't know how evictions would work though, with each eviction being a double. They'd have to hold evictions once every two weeks, or have double the number of housemates, so something like that could be quite risky, as it meddles quite heavily with the way viewers expect the show to run. Perhaps an eviction show one week, and a show where some of the pairings are rearranged the next? Unlikely they would mess with the weekly evictions though, as those typically draw in the highest number of viewers. We need more hints... I don't really have much of a clue yet. By this stage last year we had already worked out there would be a house divide.

Based on the hints we are getting, it's likely the twist will involve housemate pairs, and some degree of housemates and the public making important decisions based purely on first impressions. They also claim to have cast more opinionated and controversial housemates, and the buzzword for this season is "storm", so I think they'll be pushing the housemates into situations that will generate conflict. I'm very much getting the idea we could be going for a similar angle as the UK did this year, with their "Big Brother: Power Trip" theme, where they filled the house with nasty people and blatantly manipulated them into fighting each other. In that series, the public chose Pauline as power housemate on night one because she seemed sassy and loveable, but she actually turned out to be a nasty sociopath and her decisions had a lasting effect on the course of that series. I'd be happy for more conflict, but I do like that our house isn't so miserable all the time, so I hope we don't see the heavy manipulation that was seen in the UK series this year. I'd just hate to see another series where the housemates divide into extreme cliques, as we saw in BB2012... that always makes for unpleasant viewing.

They also seem to be pushing this whole integrated social media thing, so I expect we'll see a lot of instantaneous decisions made by the public using the jump in platform. The official site has changed to a jump in site, so I think this is almost certain to have a bigger role in the show this year.

Anyway... I hope this twist truly is something spectacular and genuinely impressive. Last year's divide twist was surprisingly well executed for such a clichéd twist, even though I feel like it did fizzle out quite quickly.
I love you.

Looks to be a storm is brewing around the BBAU 2014 Two-by-Two promo ;)

TVTonight investigates Adgate. Or is it Sponsorgate? _blank_-gate?
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/08/hear-the-difference-big-brother-ad-sounds-just-like-car-ad.html

What storm.. They are clearly 2 separate ads.. 2 different vocalist and 2 clearly different outcomes via lyrics and neither party are involved in cross sponsorship with eachother.. I don't get why the big deal.. Because they used a rehashed nursery rhyme? Pssh! Get back to some real reporting!
I just go the Volkswagon ad while watching BB on the official site! haha
ScreenShot2014-08-24at61447pm_zpsacc52f3f.png

Back