Skip to main content

80 days instead of 100?

Why is this years Big Brother 80 days, instead of 100 like the previous 2 years? Is that why there's more double evictions?

BB is starting too late in the year to do a regular 87 or longer 100 day series. It would push the finale into 'non-ratings'

bb'01 86 days
bb'02 86 days
bb'03 86 days
bb'04 87 days
bb'05 101 days
bb'06 101 days
bb'07 101 days
bb'08 86 days
bb'12 88 days

stats for the curious

Why is this years Big Brother 80 days, instead of 100 like the previous 2 years? Is that why there's more double evictions?

IMO, its good that this season is shorter, the sooner it finishes the better. Hopefully they can start afresh next year, so we can forget this horrible season.

IMO, its good that this season is shorter, the sooner it finishes the better. Hopefully they can start afresh next year, so we can forget this horrible season.
I know I'll be flamed, but I gotta say that this season is still on par with last year's. Both had their good and bad equally - 2013 and '14, tbh.

Everything was predictable last year - the order of evictees, BB's favourites and even the winner (Tim). This year it seems ambiguous. With Cat not being evicted over Katie we gotta say that evictions will be unpredictable (and that's an exciting thing). Oh, we still don't know who the winner could be. Last year we were certain that it would've been Ben or Tim, and yep we got it right.

This year, the winner is a mystery...I can see them all equally having a chance to win, personally. :eek:

I know I'll be flamed, but I gotta say that this season is still on par with last year's. Both had their good and bad equally - 2013 and '14, tbh.

Everything was predictable last year - the order of evictees, BB's favourites and even the winner (Tim). This year it seems ambiguous. With Cat not being evicted over Katie we gotta say that evictions will be unpredictable (and that's an exciting thing). Oh, we still don't know who the winner could be. Last year we were certain that it would've been Ben or Tim, and yep we got it right.

This year, the winner is a mystery...I can see them all equally having a chance to win, personally. :eek:

I didn't mean it's horrible in terms of the housemates but more the horrible editing and the lack of extra content this season.

Everything was predictable last year - the order of evictees, BB's favourites and even the winner (Tim). This year it seems ambiguous. With Cat not being evicted over Katie we gotta say that evictions will be unpredictable (and that's an exciting thing).

There were some shock evictions last year. Ed was predicted to go a few times for example and didn't (was a definite certain for one eviction and Ben went instead). Think mikkayla may have been predicted early on too?

Cat not going last week was a total mess. I prefer predictable evictions in most cases. Otherwise most times I end up fretting and thinking bb is wrecked even more so and we've lost a more valuable character instead.

There were some shock evictions last year. Ed was predicted to go a few times for example and didn't (was a definite certain for one eviction and Ben went instead). Think mikkayla may have been predicted early on too?
Ed was a shock "non-evictee". The fact that he was never evicted was shocking. Mikkayla was always a favourite to go further though.

The eviction order was pretty much predictable. The only shocking eviction was Ben's, however.

I swear the Block has had about ten different versions of it in the last 12 months. Nine is killing their cash cow for every last drop. I can't stand the show personally.
Editing, casting and lack of the daily updates has contributed to the epic fail that has been Big Brother 2014 but I think the later time slot due to The Block was a really poorly thought out decision that has negatively effected ratings.

The prize of tickets to the grand finale says you must be available to attend between mid November and mid Decmeber so there is a chance it will continue into the non ratings period.

Although if this current series continues it's downward rating spiral it won't happen...

17 November to 14 December to be exact.

Therefore it could run for as little as 70 days, or at most 90 days. Hopefully at least 80.

Last edited:
I felt that last year really ran out of steam the last few weeks. Without Boog coming in as an intruder and the Mikkayla v Tahan battle, it would have been unbearable. The show went another 20 days without Mikkayla, which meant Tahan was no longer under siege, and Ed and Jade just dragged each other down.

Shorter is better.

Last edited:

I'm not flaming you, but I didn't think the evictions were all predictable. Maybe because of being from the U.S. I didn't have the same sense of what was happening. The eviction of Caleb, Matt, Ben and Mikkayla were not predictable. That Jade would stay wasn't predictable. That Tahan would survive every week was not predictable.

By predictable, I mean that it was not a sure thing. A few of those votes were decided by less than two percent. The only predictable result was Tully and probably Sharon and Rohan.

Shorter is better.

Longer is better otherwise just have it as short as possible by having it not at all (and that's what 9 is trying to do at the same time as having it this year as they're trying to hide it with later time slots and not giving us much access to what is going on in there).

Longer is better otherwise just have it as short as possible by having it not at all (and that's what 9 is trying to do at the same time as having it this year as they're trying to hide it with later time slots and not giving us much access to what is going on in there).
Have the longer series dragged on for you at all? I thought the last few weeks dragged on, although there were some definite highlights last year.

Back