Skip to main content

2012 finale was much better

Jayden

Awesome site donor
The 2013 finale seemed so dull compared to 2012. It almost seemed like a regular double eviction.

Things missing from last year:

Fancy dance by ex housemates
The ex housemates didn't enter the house
Tim's family didn't enter the house when he won
Sonia didn't enter the house when Tim won
No helicopter flying around to show birdseye views
Didn't show the house lights being turned off at the end
Seemed rushed even though it was extended and went overtime

And probably many more things missing.

Yep, yep, yep agree with it all.

no big hoopla with previous housemates. Last year we saw the evicted housemates for almost the entire show as they were sitting in the stage, and they had a big dance behind the scenes, through the crowd, multiple people going in the house. This year we couldn't even get a dance to VIP song or something hotpantz/mandate.

As you say there was nothing special to it. Just bit of a regular eviction but even less so as they didn't even interview them and show some highlights.

We all expected them to do a big dance to the hotpantz/mandate song. But nothing.

Agreed.

You also forgot to mention how much screentime the winner got last year, but this year the winner was shown like he was a new housemate just about to enter the house. We didn't see much of his package (no pun intended).

Oh, also, last year's winner was so much better. But then again, that's an opinion.

Last edited:
Yep. The winner was announced and Jade left then it went back to Sonia for another 10 minutes and we didn't see much of Tim's reaction afterwards.

Didn't show the house lights being turned off at the end.

A tradition goes by the wayside. I missed lots of things you mentioned, particularly with regards to the winner, but the sentimental turning off the lights and the failure to symbolically close the season was really disappointing, regardless of whether the show was or wasn't running to schedule.

Live Feeds mentioned turning off lights.

Why didn't Ed come out when Jade was evicted?

Tim got ripped off with air time (God I wished he jumped in the pool when announced he won)

I am glad self centred trollop Tahan didn't win, even more delighted Jade beat her

The biggest fan thingy was a snore fest

Not enough Mr Clooney or Greg

Hrm.. I didnt finish watching the 2012 finale after Estelle came third. Saw the first bit though. Could not stand to watch the smug on Ben (or Layla) face as they are announced as the final two. But after hearing how great it was, and after one year cooling off, I might probably go finish watching it on youtube. Mehh... probally not, still don't think I still can stand the smug on Ben's face when he's announced as winner.

Yup, agreed - a very lacklustre effort.

I wonder if the network put pressure on them once they began going over-time, and they decided to dispense with some planned "events".

Even so, if that were true, it was a pretty poor effort of keeping the show to schedule to allow for a spectacular ending.

I just don't know what they were thinking.

I loved pretty much the whole show - mainly because I liked all who were in the final. I was on the edge of my seat.

I didn't think much of last year because I didn't give a flying crap who won and disliked the bitch who actually won and dislike him more every time I see him.

So yeah - this year way better.

Yep, it was horrible. The show had so little content and yet went for so long.

Worst finale ever. So many shocking segments. Why even bother with the Layla + Ben segment.

They were the most awkward segments ever. Ben would make a bad jab at Layla then smile while no one laughed, while Layla would laugh at the thought of even talking. So, so, so, so, so bad.

Why didn't Ed come out when Jade was evicted?

Tim got ripped off with air time (God I wished he jumped in the pool when announced he won)

I am glad self centred trollop Tahan didn't win, even more delighted Jade beat her

The biggest fan thingy was a snore fest

Not enough Mr Clooney or Greg

Great summary !
So lame and dragged out and can't believe Timmy didn't even get to do a winner's interview up on stage or even in the house.

Was thinking the same thing when Tim was gazing into the pool. Think half of Australia wanted him to jump in! That would have been gold.
They asked him the question on The Kyle and Jackie O show this morning and he said he was seriously considering jumping in but he was concerned his hair would be wet and he would look like a drowned rat when he came out, up on stage.

A shame Mr C wasn't there at the GF as he was an unofficial HM.

Last edited:
lol why were Ben and Layla even there? They were on for like 5 minutes.

Channel 9 won't care as ratings were pretty good

Okay, last night I was very vocal about this so I'll save everyone the pain and will explain myself for the last time. :p

Honestly, I am/was very surprised at the show last night. Very surprised. And not in a good way.

Everything I'm about to say has absolutely nothing to do with the results or who came what place, I am referring solely to the Finale and the production of the episode itself when I say it was the worst Big Brother finale to date.

I really don't know what they were thinking when they put this together?

For eleven seasons (including CBB), the Big Brother finales have been notorious for being landmark events. Even last year, alongside a fairly plain season overall, Alex Mavroidakis promised the fans via Twitter that he was planning "the best finale in BBAU history" and he definitely did not disappoint. I'll give him that. The production and quality of last year's finale redeemed the whole season for me, and stands alongside as one of the best final episodes to a Big Brother Australia season so far.

This year, however, it was like he decided to do the complete opposite... or moreover, nothing at all. I am actually kind of shocked at what came of last night's episode. From the moment it started there was not a single level of excitement or atmosphere or ambience. To be frank, the entire three hour finale felt like one big, drawn out regular eviction show.

There were so many things wrong with how they put together the whole episode last night. Too many that I can't even be bothered mentioning them all. Everything from that lacklustre "live cross" to Ben and Layla (most awkward thing everrrr) to that pathetic "dance" at the start (I mean, the ex-HM dances are infamously bad, but that was a whoolleee other level), and don't even get me started about those lanterns.

Like, this isn't even about me being critical anymore. That finale was poor, poor, poor. End of story.

Also, next year I strongly believe it's time they ditch Alex and let someone else give the show a go. Just for something a bit different.

Apart from that... the BBAU 2013 Finale? Worst. Finale. Ever.

Okay, last night I was very vocal about this so I'll save everyone the pain and will explain myself for the last time. :p

Honestly, I am/was very surprised at the show last night. Very surprised. And not in a good way.

Everything I'm about to say has absolutely nothing to do with the results or who came what place, I am referring solely to the Finale and the production of the episode itself when I say it was the worst Big Brother finale to date.

For eleven seasons (including CBB), the Big Brother finales have been notorious for being landmark events. Even last year, alongside a fairly plain season overall, Alex Mavroidakis promised the fans via Twitter that he was planning "the best finale in BBAU history" and he definitely did not disappoint. I'll give him that. The production and quality of last year's finale redeemed the whole season for me, and stands alongside as one of the best final episodes to a Big Brother Australia season so far.

This year, however, it was like he decided to do the complete opposite... or moreover, nothing at all. I am actually kind of shocked at what came of last night's episode. From the moment it started there was not a single level of excitement or atmosphere or ambience. To be frank, the entire three hour finale felt like one big, drawn out regular eviction show.

There were so many things wrong with how they put together the whole episode last night. Too many that I can't even be bothered mentioning them all. Everything from that lacklustre "live cross" to Ben and Layla (most awkward thing everrrr) to that pathetic "dance" at the start (I mean, the ex-HM dances are infamously bad, but that was a whoolleee other level), and don't even get me started about those lanterns.

Like, this isn't even about me being critical anymore. That finale was poor, poor, poor. End of story.

Also, next year I strongly believe it's time they ditch Alex and let someone else give the show a go. Just for something a bit different.

I agree that it kinda felt like a drawn out double eviction. I say next year that is the kind of show they should aim to make each eviction, bring it back to true event style television.

Step up the game again for finale.

Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep!!!!!

Also, just in regards to next year (and kinda following on from last night's finale "backstage" tour and 2012's finale "backstage" music clip), I also think they need to persuade Nine to let them do a one-off pre-season show. Kinda use it as part of the marketing campaign for the new season.

I am longing for an "audition" style special again, which I wrote about a little while ago in this thread: http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?48554-Idea-BB10-Audition-Special

They need to know that a show like that would work and draw in people's attention and interest, if promoted properly. The general audience (i.e. most of their viewership) would be interested.

I completely agree. Last nights show did not feel like a finale at all. It was extremely long, with hardly any entertainment.

Last years was pretty amazing.

Back