Skip to main content

1984 on SBS On Demand

It is the movie 1984 based on the book where Big Brother comes from.
Only asked because I would have needed to log into my VPN just to see what the link was as it's geoblocked.

Seriously do you think I don't know what 1984 is?

Don't know where to stick this, but as if by magic, SBS On Demand has this: (played last night).

Up for 14 days only.

Via the useless info dept.
Thanks, very useful, I've never seen the movie and would like to compare it to the book.
Alas! They want to know my gender which is clearly racism or something like that aaaand... I can't watch it unless I disable my Adblock... wtf?!?

Only asked because I would have needed to log into my VPN just to see what the link was as it's geoblocked.

Seriously do you think I don't know what 1984 is?
You could have fooled me lol. Why are you reluctant to run your VPN? Just curious... I won't hit a single key before I'm signed into mine.

You could have fooled me lol. Why are you reluctant to run your VPN? Just curious... I won't hit a single key before I'm signed into mine.
Just laziness. As I use Linux Mint, I have to type in my password just to fire up my VPN. All just to click a link (that I have already clicked and found to be geoblocked) to see something which may or might not be interesting, when the person posting the link could have just said "SBS is airing 1984".

I should watch it since I'm related to George Orwell who wrote the book and I was born in 1984 does that make me Big Brother's Grandchild...lol

Just laziness. As I use Linux Mint, I have to type in my password just to fire up my VPN. All just to click a link (that I have already clicked and found to be geoblocked) to see something which may or might not be interesting, when the person posting the link could have just said "SBS is airing 1984".
Well geeze, 'the person' is right here, and I apologize. Hope you're safe wherever you are.
:shamefully: :egg:

Well geeze, 'the person' is right here, and I apologize. Hope you're safe wherever you are.
:shamefully: :egg:
Sorry. It's always been a bit of a bugbear to me when people post a link without saying what it is. It feels like clickbait. And even more annoying when you actually click on it and you still can't see wtf it is because it's geoblocked. I have to say I do not miss 10 Daily, as all their videos were geoblocked.

o_O LINUX ?!? - You are a braver man than I am. How sweet life must be without Bing and Cortana. It took me three days to get rid of Bing but Cortana is still stalking me. I even faked my own death... yet the b*tch is still chasing my ass!
As for SBS and 1984, I am STILL geoblocked after having signed up AND disabled Adblock for their site.... maybe I live in the wrong state.

LINUX ?!? - You are a braver man than I am
Mint is the best, it's just like Windows to use. Never nags you to restart and never insists on running updates when you're trying to shut down. And when you do do updates, they are quick and painless and you can keep on doing whatever while they happen. And then you are free to shut down or restart any time you want. And you can use (free) Open Office or LibreOffice which are fully compatible with Word/Excel etc.

I might actually watch 1984 now.

Mint is the best, it's just like Windows to use. Never nags you to restart and never insists on running updates when you're trying to shut down. And when you do do updates, they are quick and painless and you can keep on doing whatever while they happen. And then you are free to shut down or restart any time you want. And you can use (free) Open Office or LibreOffice which are fully compatible with Word/Excel etc.

I might actually watch 1984 now.
Open Office started malfunctioning under my current W10 so now I'm running LibreOffice. Works all right.
What still keeps me from trying out Linux is disk space, difficulty of installing and I'm not sure all Microsoft Programs are compatible with Linux.

I just found 1984 at a different source. Stuff the SBS.

What still keeps me from trying out Linux is disk space, difficulty of installing
Download the Linux Mint Cinnamon ISO and make a bootable USB and boot it up and have a peek/play. See what you think.

Back