Skip to main content

The Block

I'm not watching.
1. I can't stand Scott Cam
2. Channel Nine has terrible reception here at the moment so I only persevere if the show is worth the hassle

I LOVE dogs...just can't help it. I prefer them to most people.
I quite like dogs (though I'm a cat person), but the saturation of The Dog House at the moment annoys me.
How many times can they show the exact same thing?
Not the same episode, but only the names change, the sob stories are always the same.

I'm not watching.
1. I can't stand Scott Cam
2. Channel Nine has terrible reception here at the moment so I only persevere if the show is worth the hassle
I don't really notice Scott all that much and tend to ignore most of what he says. He pales into insignificance for me compared to the contestants and now his beautiful Frankie.
I quite like dogs (though I'm a cat person), but the saturation of The Dog House at the moment annoys me.
How many times can they show the exact same thing?
Not the same episode, but only the names change, the sob stories are always the same.
I love cats too (and all animals)...although dogs are my thing...I have not watched any episodes of The Dog House and never intend to. I would be a crying mess from start to finish and I watch tv to escape, not to cry...no matter how uplifting it might be.

Oh ffs! One couple walk after 48 hours? Such time wasters! Hope the new couple do really well...at this stage anyway!

I don't really notice Scott all that much and tend to ignore most of what he says. He pales into insignificance for me compared to the contestants and now his beautiful Frankie.

I love cats too (and all animals)...although dogs are my thing...I have not watched any episodes of The Dog House and never intend to. I would be a crying mess from start to finish and I watch tv to escape, not to cry...no matter how uplifting it might be.

Oh ffs! One couple walk after 48 hours? Such time wasters! Hope the new couple do really well...at this stage anyway!
What annoys me about the Dog House is not the dogs obviously, it's the people.
Not the ones who genuinely want a new canine family member, but :

1. The families are never allowed to choose their dog, the 'experts' put forward one or two and then decide which one to try, and if it fails the dog goes back.

2. Every week there's a family with a spoiled rotten brat girl or a boy with ADD who inevitably don't like the dog, so it goes back and they try another one.

If a couple is to quit surely it's better all round for them to quit in the first week and give somebody else a chance rather than for it to happen a few weeks in when bringing in replacements to finish another teams work wouldn't really sit well with viewers.
I agree that it's better to go sooner rather than later but you have to wonder why they applied in the first place? Didn't they watch previous seasons? The houses are always hell holes and the conditions horrendous. I know I could never do it and I've renovated quite a few houses.

Has their exit been covered on the show yet? The show has treated them appalling - almost Trumpian in style in trying to discredit them.

If they left due to a family emergency then it's a family emergency and whatever producers and channel execs think, family comes before their reality format.

If they left due to other reasons - even if they used an "emergency" to cover that - in these days where we're supposed to be so much more aware of mental health that should be respected too. Thank them, wish them the best and move on - don't go slagging them off to anyone that'll listen.

They did briefly cover it. Basically showed the producers telling Scotty they left, then Scott had a meeting with the other Contestants and told them what happened. There was also a few interviews with the others who were saying things like 'I knew they couldn't handle it' blah blah.

Its been pretty extensively covered in the media. Scotty was doing the rounds on radio last week. He's fucking spewing they left hey. Like he's taken it really personally.

If they left due to a family emergency then it's a family emergency and whatever producers and channel execs think, family comes before their reality format.

If they left due to other reasons - even if they used an "emergency" to cover that - in these days where we're supposed to be so much more aware of mental health that should be respected too. Thank them, wish them the best and move on - don't go slagging them off to anyone that'll listen.

I did hear a radio interview with Scott Cam talking all about this a while ago. I do recall Scott Cam saying that the couple that left had to attend to a sick family member which was probably the reason they left the show.

I did hear a radio interview with Scott Cam talking all about this a while ago. I do recall Scott Cam saying that the couple that left had to attend to a sick family member which was probably the reason they left the show.
If they did leave for family reasons that's an entirely different matter so why is Scott Cam and the show portraying them as "quitters" who couldn't handle the heat? If they don't know the reason for their sudden departure wouldn't it be better to keep your mouth shut and stop speculating until you do know?

Back