Skip to main content

The Masked Singer Australia 2022

I haven't watched tonight as we've had friends over, so will need to catch up tomorrow.

Reading back on this thread and oh now I know why my stupid old box of "Chicken Parma or Parmi?" flavoured Arnott's shapes idea comes from. Being a Victorian I have never heard of a "Parmi", and now I know what's going on reading this thread it's the old NSW verses Victoria thing again...lol

Drive past any pub around Melbourne and Victoria and it's always called a Chicken Parma down this neck of the woods!

Here's another one that I remember us talking about on the old channel 10 forums years ago. I won't answer this one as I will wait and see the responses from various peeps from each state? LOL!

Ok here's the question, when you go to a fish and chip shop what exactly is a "scallop"? LOL!

Will now sit back and wait for the replies from the Victorians and the peeps from NSW, and I would also love to hear what peeps in other states say what exactly is a "scallop" from a fish and chip shop...? LOL!

Cheers! ;)

Edit: Oh and forgot to mention also down here in Melbourne we always refer to "Woolworths" as "Safeway"...lol! We don't care that the name has changed some years ago it will always be called "Safeway" down these parts...lol. I am glad to hear everytime I go shopping that it's not only me but still many other people refer to this supermarket as "Safeway" down this way as that's what it was here for many years until they decided to rename all the Victorian stores to "Woolworths" inline with what it was called in NSW and possibly other parts of Australia...LOL!

My first interaction with a "Woolworths" named "Safeway" store was when I went to Bathurst back in 2006 and we went to the local supermarket there to grab something to eat. I remember telling my mates back then "hey look they call Safeway "Woolworths" up this way...lol! I wish they would have just left it "Safeway" for us here in Victoria...LOL!

Sorry just to keep the thread on topic, Yes I think Popcorn could possibly be Elvis too Hughesy???

Last edited:
Reading back on this thread and oh now I know why my stupid old box of "Chicken Parma or Parmi?" flavoured Arnott's shapes idea comes from. Being a Victorian I have never heard of a "Parmi", and now I know what's going on reading this thread it's the old NSW verses Victoria thing again...lol

Drive past any pub around Melbourne and Victoria and it's always called a Chicken Parma down this neck of the woods!

Here's another one that I remember us talking about on the old channel 10 forums years ago. I won't answer this one as I will wait and see the responses from various peeps from each state? LOL!

Ok here's the question, when you go to a fish and chip shop what exactly is a "scallop"? LOL!

Will now sit back and wait for the replies from the Victorians and the peeps from NSW, and I would also love to hear what peeps in other states say what exactly is a "scallop" from a fish and chip shop...? LOL!

Cheers! ;)
When I grew up in Broken Hill (NSW), a scallop was a potato fritter.
We didn't even have the seafood type.

Here in SA you have to ask for a potato fritter. 'Scallop' will get you the shellfish.

Another one is Fritz.
Here we call it that (as we did in Broken Hill), but other states call it Devon?

When I grew up in Broken Hill (NSW), a scallop was a potato fritter.
We didn't even have the seafood type.

Here in SA you have to ask for a potato fritter. 'Scallop' will get you the shellfish.

Another one is Fritz.
Here we call it that (as we did in Broken Hill), but other states call it Devon?

Ok yes that's what I also remember from some years ago, over in NSW they were saying that a "scallop" is a potato "fritter" or whatever they call them up north...lol :p

Down here in Victoria if you ask for a "scallop" you get the shellfish variety at your local fish and chip shop, it has nothing to do with a potato...lol

Also for those from Victoria we call a slice of potato dipped in batter and fried in oil a "potato cake"...lol. I guess it's the same thing as what they call a "potato fritter" or a so called potato "scallop" up there in NSW and possibly other places around Australia...lol

Anyway keeping on topic again, yes I agree with Hughesy and I think that Popcorn might also be Napoleon...

Cheers! ;)

Our F&C shops still sell Fish Cakes!
My Dad bloody loves them haha.
My mum used to make fishcakes when we were little. We used to like them. Fishcakes, beans and chips. A good old healthy British meal!

Back