Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

It's a hard one to answer.. if you say what she said then you risk being outed as someone who wouldn't share the $$$ and thus they won't pick you to go over the bridge. But if no one says anything, who ever is selected might keep it for themselves. So you need to have the discussion to sound out who is the best choice to send across.. & try as hard as you can to get them to choose you..
Like you said $250K isn't life changing, but it certainly would give your lifestyle a kick along :biggrin:

I think I'd be inclined to lie to everyone and tell them I am a good choice... then take it for myself :roflmao:
Of course i would never tell them 😂

If it does get another season, it will undoubtedly, without fail, rate even worse than 2022 and VIP - which is where it was all heading. There’s truly no justification in such a silly move by Seven when the program is almost universally getting criticised more and more, year after year.

Anyone who is genuinely looking forward to it, or believes there’s a chance production will finally actually modify their trainwreck of a format, is deluded.

Bring on BBUK 2023 to show the world how it’s really done.

I have my popcorn. Where’s everyone who was going on about the ratings and saying it’ll be axed? 🍿
Industry insiders have all but confirmed the non-renewal for a while. Despite the audition notice, nothing has been officially confirmed. Obviously it is possible a last-minute decision has been struck, purely because they probably have no other programming to fill its gap, but if so… it is a very stupid decision if they plan on serving up the exact same bullshit.

Audition notices almost always go out for a long running series ahead of a season that doesn't happen. I'm guessing too that Endemol have to put together a pitch to Seven for the recommission in these situations rather than Seven commissioning it without considering the format the next season would take.

Every time I read that it is renewed my heart sinks. It’s like really? Again? Another fucking year of this shit?

The challenges and strategy talk format is soooooo boring. This isn’t Big Brother Australia at all.

This season we had the formula “old housemates, challenges, strategy talk” now they are trying “romance, challenges, strategy talk”. It’s never going to work. Give up.

One of the reasons why I hate this strategy and challenges format is that it’s all B.S.

Housemates or should I say “Players” are encouraged to “play a game” to do whatever it takes to win and not be themselves. How many housemates do we see put on a fake persona to further themselves through the game? “Make deals” that are pointless to try and confuse their competition but neither side believes it anyway? They keep quiet about issues or won’t speak up against overpowering Alliances so they don’t jeopardise their position in the house? It just encourages people to be fake. It’s all B.S.

I remember when “playing the game” was the mortal sin. I prefer it that way tbh.

Strat talk is THE WORST!

From my perspective, 2022 (and VIP) both were exceptions that suffered from flawed concepts that were pushed because they sounded too good not to do on paper. I’m probably not in the majority, but I’ve enjoyed both of Seven’s “business as usual” seasons (2020 and 2021) and if they can get back to that level I’ll be happy to casually watch. It’s cheap and trashy and a bit lazy, but I’m okay with that. It’s filler reality TV

One of the reasons why I hate this strategy and challenges format is that it’s all B.S.

Housemates or should I say “Players” are encouraged to “play a game” to do whatever it takes to win and not be themselves. How many housemates do we see put on a fake persona to further themselves through the game? “Make deals” that are pointless to try and confuse their competition but neither side believes it anyway? They keep quiet about issues or won’t speak up against overpowering Alliances so they don’t jeopardise their position in the house? It just encourages people to be fake. It’s all B.S.

I remember when “playing the game” was the mortal sin. I prefer it that way tbh.

Strat talk is THE WORST!
"Playing the game" would be fine if it was a fair game and an authentic game which the viewers could engage with, as we see with the US, Canada and Brazil.

Producers need to remember they are there to observe the game, not to control and manipulate it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the 2023 series was bumped from Seven to a secondary network and co-branded with 7Plus in the same way Love Island was. It’s clear giving BB a headlining spot on the main network was a bust but it preformed well as a streamer. I would expect if this is the plan that they bump up the trash factor as a desperate ploy to catch interest.

Judge Judy Gag GIF - Judge Judy Gag Gagging - Discover & Share GIFs

"Playing the game" would be fine if it was a fair game and an authentic game which the viewers could engage with, as we see with the US, Canada and Brazil.

Producers need to remember they are there to observe the game, not to control and manipulate it.
After enduring 7’s version for three years I don’t think I will ever accept the American format. It’s literally just challenges and strategy talk.

Also nearly every reality show in Australia at the moment is “competition/strategic” based. Literally every show is following a similar format. Seems to be the craze at the moment here. A couple of years ago it was all about “love/romance” based programs. With that genre sort of fading out here it gives me hope that in a couple of years we will move on from strategic competition based Reality shows because frankly enough is enough.

Biggest example I can think of the whole “strategic competition” takeover on every reality show is the Channel Nine reboot of “Beauty And The Geek”. Get this: they determined which Beauty and Geek gets eliminated every week by a competition. Like throwing ping pong balls into the target from a distance.

Edit:
<I didn’t watch any of this season (2022) but I just read that they reverted back to the original format of the quiz between Beauty and Geek. Thank god! Those elimination challenges were shit and completely irrelevant to the premise of the show.>

Back