Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I’ve always liked online shopping. Gets me the things I want quicker. Now everyone else has caught up, it’s made more delays though with more things out of stock- so since covid, it’s kind of a negative for me there.

Definitely a case of too late.

Large numbers of people got vaccinated and still caught the virus. Plenty of unvaccinated people got it and recovered. What is it, at least 50% of people have had it by now in Aus?

There's a large case of people not understanding the current dialogue when it comes to vaccines. Even if not willing to publicly speak about it due to the taboo of questioning the vaccine. Just look at the reluctance of people getting the 4th booster. Which I am one of. I don't understand the argument I should.

The worry is that this will be a big problem IF they create better vaccines in the future. Uptake will not be as good as it was for the originals.

Reading the 2013 live threads as I rewatch the series. Look at this post I just found from you @Lightning McQueen

😮
p9izq.jpg

I dunno about anywhere else but in Vic they are saying we should all be wearing masks when in crowded spaces...supermarkets, shopping complexes, sporting events, live shows, concerts etc. Makes sense to me. And they are also promoting hand washing and social distancing again...perhaps people have become complacent?

I dunno about anywhere else but in Vic they are saying we should all be wearing masks when in crowded spaces...supermarkets, shopping complexes, sporting events, live shows, concerts etc. Makes sense to me. And they are also promoting hand washing and social distancing again...perhaps people have become complacent?
Masks were being worn everywhere in Bangkok. Mask mandate got dropped there about five weeks ago but people are doing the right thing regardless. Back in Siem Reap, I've started wearing mine again. Partly because I'd been in an airport with mask-averse fuckwits and then on a plane, and wanted to make sure I'm in the clear. But I'll keep wearing them now.

^^On that note, and also thinking about you getting Covid at the BB finale @bleachy_dude, I noticed on tonight's Mad As Hell that everyone in the audience was wearing a mask. Must be ABC's policy? Good.
I was watching HYBPA on Monday and they were all wearing masks too.

NSW not giving the same messages unfortunately. Dom too busy dealing with the sacking of two corrupt ministers this week. I've started putting mine back on, I don't want Covid again, nor do I want to miss my upcoming trip because of it.

I have no memory of this...

I must have gone into a Professor Trelawney trance prediction O_O
2013:

Also this article about a 2012 coronavirus outbreak near Wuhan.

2013:

Also this article about a 2012 coronavirus outbreak near Wuhan.
I haven’t clicked either of these. But the common cold is a coronavirus isn’t it? I remember there being some chatter about that when it came out that Glen 20 said it killed coronavirus

I haven’t clicked either of these. But the common cold is a coronavirus isn’t it? I remember there being some chatter about that when it came out that Glen 20 said it killed coronavirus
Yeah, the '19' in Covid 19 refers to it being the 2019 version. FIP in cats is also a type of coronavirus.

Masks were being worn everywhere in Bangkok. Mask mandate got dropped there about five weeks ago but people are doing the right thing regardless. Back in Siem Reap, I've started wearing mine again. Partly because I'd been in an airport with mask-averse fuckwits and then on a plane, and wanted to make sure I'm in the clear. But I'll keep wearing them now.
So at the airport waiting to return to SR, there were two families (four adults and eight kids) and not a mask between them. Inconsiderate/ignorant pricks. I don't know if it's because of them, but...

I've had head cold symptoms for several days, and took a RAT a couple of days ago. Was negative after 15 minutes, but a faint line appeared later, which they say to disregard. Sore throat, coughing up phlegm, sneezing and general blahness prompted me to test again and sure enough the dreaded lurgy has finally got me.

The T line came up so strong and fast it really surprised me.

1659927711887.png

Sorry to hear that timmy. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard and you make a speedy recovery.

I'm not bad, thanks guys. Just like a crappy head cold. I put the whole sachet of chilli sauce on my fried rice for breakfast but I couldn't taste the chilli.

First symptoms Thursday (day 0), negative test Friday, positive test Monday (day 4). Would have isolated all weekend if that first test had been more conclusive. Guess I've done pretty well to make it through 2 1/2 years before getting it.

I'm not bad, thanks guys. Just like a crappy head cold. I put the whole sachet of chilli sauce on my fried rice for breakfast but I couldn't taste the chilli.

First symptoms Thursday (day 0), negative test Friday, positive test Monday (day 4). Would have isolated all weekend if that first test had been more conclusive. Guess I've done pretty well to make it through 2 1/2 years before getting it.
Yeah I think for the overwhelming vast majority of people it’s just like a head cold.
We need to live accordingly imo.
Hope it stays mild for ya mate. X

Yeah I think for the overwhelming vast majority of people it’s just like a head cold.
We need to live accordingly imo.
Hope it stays mild for ya mate. X
Thanks bleachy. Even though it's mild, there's still a chance of damage to lungs, heart, brain. And if you get it more than once that is compounding.

I've long had a sneaky suspicion I had it without symptoms at some point. I had a long period of heart palpitations/arrhythmia and even now my heart rate is higher than it should be. Although that coincided with the one AZ shot I had, so I was worried about clots but blood tests came back in the clear. I should have had an ECG. Actually I will get one after this is cleared up.

I preferred it when we thought you got natural immunity after getting Covid. Now it feels like this will never end.

Back