Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

7 making improvements and carefully orchestrating and planning a better production?
pig-fly.gif

Gut feeling is the axe has fallen, but Seven is the kind of guy who rather than dumping you will keep you hanging as they keep their options open, look at other potential matches and want to make sure nobody else can have you either. So they won't have the honour to "axe it" but will likely say it's "rested" or something.

Anyway, was thinking yesterday having seen the fly through of the Neighbours set on TVTonight whether should the rights return to 10 whether that could be a perfect place to convert into a new Big Brother house?

Anyway, was thinking yesterday having seen the fly through of the Neighbours set on TVTonight whether should the rights return to 10 whether that could be a perfect place to convert into a new Big Brother house?
Oh my. That’s an interesting thought…

Although, Fremantle would own the land.

That was the right choice. The ratings if this show returned next year would have dropped at least 25% - regardless of how much better it is because audiences will just not tune in if the previous series (2022) was shit.

Not to mention the curiosity factor of having OGs has worn off.

Goodbye BB. Thanks Channel 7 for introducing this terrible format to the current young generation. With free to air tv changing forever, I’d say BBAU is completely dead as we know it.

Is the house still up at the show grounds? Surely as soon as that starts coming down we will know for sure.

That was the right choice. The ratings if this show returned next year would have dropped at least 25% - regardless of how much better it is because audiences will just not tune in if the previous series (2022) was shit.

Not to mention the curiosity factor of having OGs has worn off.

Goodbye BB. Thanks Channel 7 for introducing this terrible format to the current young generation. With free to air tv changing forever, I’d say BBAU is completely dead as we know it.
They need the original format back if they want the ratings to be out of this world with a twist. That twist being that we are allowed to talk abt noms……I would love that!

Well, good tbh. Only regret is not getting to see @missv8 again.

Can someone please do a drive by in a couple of weeks to confirm demolition?
What a terrible decision! I’m working on getting back on tv…..does anyone have any ideas on a show I could apply for?

...unless the set is torn down first.
And rebuilt at Luna Park or dream world 😉
Gut feeling is the axe has fallen, but Seven is the kind of guy who rather than dumping you will keep you hanging as they keep their options open, look at other potential matches and want to make sure nobody else can have you either. So they won't have the honour to "axe it" but will likely say it's "rested" or something.

Isn't that a real street though ?!?
Perhaps they could go film on the wentworth set or just film at Luna Park Sydney

And rebuilt at Luna Park or dream world 😉

Isn't that a real street though ?!?
Perhaps they could go film on the wentworth set or just film at Luna Park Sydney
Ramsay St is a real street, they use it for the road and all the frontages. Everything else (interior, backyards, local shops etc) are done in studio at Nunawading.

If someone had budget for a series, having the house on Cockatoo Island (like how the original C7 promo suggested it would be) would be such an iconic location for the house! Imagine the amount of Sydney harbour drone shots though 😅

I'll watch it if it has more OGs in it.
I am an avid reality TV watcher but my cue to drop a show is usually when they starting bringing people back that have had their shoot! But BB is different and against my general rule I watched anyway.....I can say I probably had more good moments than facepalms but it did get hard to watch and I told myself I would not break my rule again....but then...
Otherwise I'll probably watch it anyway because I hate myself that much.
haha....yeh me to!

The beauty of the OGs was we knew them....it was so hard just watching challenge, strat, noms interspersed with kissing and exec contrived drama...rinse and repeat........
I want to get to know newbies as I watch them get to know each other
Imagine if they just called it the Strategy Room and put in some rule about no strat chat unless you're in that Strategy Room 🤔. I do wonder how different the house dynamics might be (and whether the episodes would look much different). So if a HM wants to talk strat, they'd know full well everyone will know about it because of what room they are going to.
I really like this idea...
Sick of seeing hot people on tv who want instagram fame.
I'm all about the hot people but drop the influencers and wannabes for sure.......I want hot accountants, teachers and introverts looking to test themselves
If it does move to 8.30 and do a Love Island time schedule, I’d love to see someone younger hosting like Tully or someone else with a millennial-targeted demographic. A move to streaming and a later time slot would be changing the shows demographic from less of a Family audience.
I vote Tim all day every day......
So it looks like the new Head of Reality TV at Seven has cancelled the planned 2023 season even though seven had purchased the licensing rights for next year and Endemol were already in pre-production planning.

Such a shame they aren’t going to even try and make a change to save the show but maybe we can get a re-invigorated return in 2024 elsewhere 🤞🏻

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/07/26/big-brother-2023-not-coming-back/
Well fair enough......at least I don't have to beat myself up for watching something that is call Big Brother but doesn't do the name nor the shows original premise any justice....

Maybe we could have a book club type deal here instead....every Wed we watch an old EP and open a thread.....

I’m Canadian and even I knew the majority of Neighbours was filmed at a studio not the actual street.
While the interiors were filmed at Global Television Studios in Nunawading, Melbourne, the exteriors were filmed in Pin Oak Circuit, Vermont South with the permission of the owners of the real properties there. You could even take a tour of "Ramsey Street" according to the ever-reliable Daily Mail, though I'm not sure if that means the actual street or on the backlot where the interiors are.

Back