Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 30 Discussion (11 July, 7.30pm)

Seven's next move...

• An all newbie season

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • An all OG season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Another mixed OG & Newbie season

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • An OGs vs 7Stars season

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • A 7Stars & Newbies season

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Live, actual Big Brother

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • An all Sonia season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • The axe

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters
Well that was a slow march towards the inevitable.
Brenton was quite nice in the end, but never a top 3 contender.

Now I have everything crossed for Sir Reginald.
Johnson doesn't deserve to win just because he thinks he's the biggest Superfan EVAH.
Our Dumb Dumb might be a challenge beast and strategic, but at the end of the day I just don't enjoy watching his overwhelming smugness.

Just reading social media comments and it seems it’s going to be between Reggie and Johnson for the win, I don’t get it? Voting Johnson over Taras?!

I think it's because Taras didn't do himself any favours in the last few episodes where he won challenges and then came across as a bit of an entitled, smug, I am awesome, I have all the power, look at me, look at me, kind of person. Johnson, on the other hand, spoke well of other housemates when in the eviction chairs, gave good encouragement to them when they needed it or felt a bit down, said it was his dream to be there but didn't overdo that too much (well, not that we saw), and generally came across as a bit more geniune and likeable.

Despite this being very much like Survivor, the public simply aren't voting for the best and most strategic player, they are voting for who they like best personality-wise. And, as much as this version of BB doesn't really give the viewers a chance to get to know the housemates all that well, you can still gather little bits and pieces about their personalities here and there.

Last edited:
Just reading social media comments and it seems it’s going to be between Reggie and Johnson for the win, I don’t get it? Voting Johnson over Taras?!
I don't get it either. I thought it was possible Brenton, as the tall athletic good guy who usually wins on 7, would even beat Reggie, but it never occurred to me Johnson would be popular with the punters.

He does seem like a sweet guy, but all he seemed to do was stomp around like a giant teddy.

I don't get it either. I thought it was possible Brenton, as the tall athletic good guy who usually wins on 7, would even beat Reggie, but it never occurred to me Johnson would be popular with the punters.
I don't think Penis is actually popular, I think it's more the fact that Taras got a smug and unlikeable edit, and it's more the fact that Penis is not Taras. Which is a shame because Taras played the much better game of the two. Reggie is still amost certainly going to win though...

I ain't readin' no spoilers! It does seem kind of orchestrated, though, doesn't it. Which is good, as I like Reggie, but shit for Taras.
Ooh, Lightning, that one's tempting. Resist, resist. :angelic:
@Melore @freddy, if it helps ease your mind... the finale is live tomorrow so, unless you haven't watched tonight's episode, it is technically impossible for spoilers to exist anymore... lol

You know what I’d like to see?

TARAS TO WIN!

Because he deserves it. Strategy and heart. Social and head. Challenge beast. Quirky and fun and entertaining to watch. I could go on…

And then just like Survivor fans did for Luke Toki, we set up a Go Fund Me for Reggie and get her 250k coz she needs it / family needs it and we bloomin LOVE her.

I think it's because Taras didn't do himself any favours in the last few episodes where he won challenges and then came across as a bit of an entitled, smug, I am awesome, I have all the power, look at me, look at me, kind of person. Johnson, of the other hand, spoke well of other housemates when in the eviction chairs, gave good encouragement to them when they needed it or felt a bit down, said it was his dream to be there but didn't overdo that too much (well, not that we saw), and generally came across as a bit more geniune and likeable.

Despite this being very much like Survivor, the public simply aren't voting for the best and most strategic player, they are voting for who they like best personality-wise. And, as much as this version of BB doesn't really give the viewers a chance to get to know the housemates all that well, you can still gather little bits and pieces about their personalities here and there.
What did it for me was the way he came across on Twitter, kinda gave you more of an insight to his personality.

@Melore @freddy, if it helps ease your mind... the finale is live tomorrow so, unless you haven't watched tonight's episode, it is technically impossible for spoilers to exist anymore... lol

A good point. But, still, if I start clicking on the word "Spoilers" now, then a bad habit I might create. Hehe.

Although this did cross my mind ...
Some folks on here are TV insiders and who knows what access to current vote numbers they may have.

You know what I’d like to see?

TARAS TO WIN!

Because he deserves it. Strategy and heart. Social and head. Challenge beast. Quirky and fun and entertaining to watch. I could go on…

And then just like Survivor fans did for Luke Toki, we set up a Go Fund Me for Reggie and get her 250k coz she needs it / family needs it and we bloomin LOVE her.

So… how are we going to spot you when they do a sweeping shot of the audience tomorrow night? 😀

I think it's because Taras didn't do himself any favours in the last few episodes where he won challenges and then came across as a bit of an entitled, smug, I am awesome, I have all the power, look at me, look at me, kind of person. Johnson, of the other hand, spoke well of other housemates when in the eviction chairs, gave good encouragement to them when they needed it or felt a bit down, said it was his dream to be there but didn't overdo that too much (well, not that we saw), and generally came across as a bit more geniune and likeable.

Agreed.

Even a game like Survivor requires more than just being good at challenges and strategy. Russel Hantz - the biggest villain I can think of when it comes to survivor - could get himself to the end but could never win because the jury did not like the way he played. i suspect Taras may suffer the same fate.

I don't know if Taras did not know who some of the OG's were prior to going in (or how popular they would still be), but he underestimated the backlash in how he treated their exits. that was his gameplay choice that may have cost him.

Back