Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 27 Discussion (5 July, 7:30pm)

Should second chances after being evicted be allowed?

• Yes - keep them secret to the housemates so that they play as normal...

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Yes - let the housemates know when they'll be so they can strategise...

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Yes - but only if the public is voting and knows in advance...

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No - once you're voted out you should stay out...

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • No - it makes it too easy for the producers to rig the outcome of the show...

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • No - it's not fair on some housemates who don't get second chances...

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Lightning McQueen

Estelle can't believe that Reggie ended up in the arcade with her...

Taras can't believe that someone he puts in the firing line might actually end up shot...

Tim can't believe his luck that the head of the snake hasn't been cut off yet...

Channel 7 can't believe people are still watching...

giphy.gif

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! lol

As for second chances, I’m not totally against the idea. But I have issues with how both BBAU and Survivor AU put them in play.

I’ve always at least liked how both BBAU and BBUK in the past made the fake evictions clear to the voting audience a week before hand. So what ever happens at least happens with the audience made aware of all details.

I also liked that the original BB iterations didn’t pick when to use the twist. Having it play out live could result in a very underwhelming result. But I would take that ANY DAY over this.

If there’s going to be a chance to return then it needs to be shared equally amongst everyone. Not just for selected participants. I don’t buy the idea of these non elimination episodes being predetermined. Not at all. Have some sort of challenge or task where every evicted player has to participate and/or compete in to return.

I liked how back in the day Masterchef and Biggest loser would feature a whole week dedicated to the eliminated players returning. And it was at least consistent every year and (somewhat) fair.

The white room, mirror room, mainframe and now arcade room are just absurd.

Yeah that is largely true. There will be people okay with it because Reggie got to be saved. But if it Johnson or another newbie then everyone would be annoyed, just like last year when many fans were annoyed SJ made the finale despite being evicted.

Wasn't SJ saved two or three times? That's where it gets super ridiculous.

Although as much as we shit on this format and Seven. Nothing will surpass the rigging for Terri on Ten.

No, I don’t like it, because it is part of the pre-recorded, heavily produced format we’re subjected to now. It should never be a part of the public voting process. Not just from an ethical standpoint, but from a legal one, rigging the game when the public is voting in good faith is a no-no.

Any poll suggestions for Lightning McQueen? They clearly need some inspiration. :)

Well done though for waiting until the morning. :thumbsup:
I've set my alarm for the morning (9am, I like to sleep in) hahahaha... I'll try to remember to log in :roflmao:

I was conflicted on what to choose for this poll. I ended up choosing 'No, it's not fair on the ones who don't get a 2nd chance' but i wanted to pick 'yes, but only if the public is voting...', My decision was based on the show as it is, not how i want it to be, seeing we don't get to vote evictions, the one i wanted to pick is moot.

Back