Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
And finally, Estelle, if youre reading this, I hope you read my posts above and saw how your constant social media presence is creating an incredibly toxic environment for a lot of us. There is no way you dont know this is happening, and I expect more from you as someone who was bullied on their season. You have a lot of power with your follower numbers, and I am constantly getting calls from other housemates who are in tears or extremely fatigued and distressed at the amount of threats and hateful words being sent our way.

And just to be clear, anytime Ive replied or commented about you on social media is to try, in some fucking way, to diffuse the hate coming towards me and others. Im never EVER focusing on your character, just on the stories that I dont believe you are telling accurately or with context.
Interestingly I was somewhat confused when Estelle yelled to you that you two had an agreement if she stepped off the clock board and gave up and you had reneged on your word. I was confused because after you two discussed this she didn't step off, she continued to play but within 10-20 seconds she THEN faltered and tried to regain her footing before finally succumbing and falling off. To me, this wasn't her accepting your offer, however within a fairly close time span she had slipped and fell. I think she saw an opportunity to claim this as her actually stepping off in agreeance with the aforementioned 'deal'.

When she brought that up in your heated discussion later on in the lounge room after noms, I thought, hmm, was that another Big Brother dodgy edit or did she see an opportunity to claim something that didn't actually occur - I decided it was the latter. And that then made me think, hmm, Estelle is not the squeaky clean victim she always describes herself as.

Last nights edit of your disagreement with Estelle was somewhat enlightening. I saw how you asked Estelle directly about when she lied to you and at first she deflected it then when you asked again she chose not to answer it and began consistently calling you a liar. That on top of the abovementioned observation, made me think that Estelle was not the victim of your 'lying' as she claims, she herself is manipulating a scenario to fit how she wants it to appear, because she has now been nominated.

I don't see anything wrong in how you acted or portrayed that scenario. As far as I could ascertain, you acted quite within your rights. AND apart from all of that, even if you did lie (which I don't believe you did) it is a game. The idea is to get to the final 3. How you do that is completely up to you, if you manipulate, lie, cheat, steal etc etc - it is a game. I think for this type of format you undoubtably have to lie on occasions. If someone came up to you and said, "Who are you going to nominate today?" and you've already made your mind up to nominate the person who now stands before you asking this question ---- what should you do? If you're completely honest and tell them, then they probably would nominate you, thus, you could be on the block and possibly evicted - so what do you do? Tell them a lie, "I haven't decided yet" or "I'm nominating Tom" or even "I'm not nominating you"...

I have mixed feelings for you guys this year, I'm almost jealous as you got selected to go into the Big Brother house - but at the same time, I feel so sad for you guys because you are copping an absolute barrage of abuse for what you did do, what you didn't do, what you said, what you didn't say, what you thought, what you didn't think ....... etc etc

Try not to beat yourself up about it, as you've stated, its just a game - some HM's will be nice and help you through the social media shit storm and as you're experiencing, some will fan the flames and make it worse. Ay least you know there are some out there that understand where your coming from .. ;):cool:

OK, I rewatched and transcribed the following:

After one hour... There are four players left. Reggie's wheel turns, she can't sustain a hold in that position. Reggie drops. Alieisha's wheel swings, and similarly she ends up dropping also. This leaves Taras and Estelle. What follows are direct quotes.

BB: This will come down to who needs it more.

T: Do I need it more, Estelle, or do you need it more?

E: I dunno. You tell me. Am I safe with you?

(Taras avoids answering the question, and adjust his posture.)

T: Am I safe with you?

E: Yes.

T: I am?

Estelle nods.

T smiles toothily, with a glint of something in his eyes, and doesn't answer. Estelle is looking down. Eventually Taras, still with an intense gaze on Estelle like a wolf, says rather unconvincingly: Yeah.

(Estelle does not look over to establish they do indeed have a deal.)

E: Oh god.

She begins to sigh, groan, grimace, and contort her body, clearly in pain. Her wheel swings, and she loses her footing, dangles by her hands, and tries several times to reestablish a foothold, and then falls off.

BB: And Estelle drops.

Later, in the diary room, BB asks if he and Estelle have a deal to keep each other safe.

T: That deal is void to me. She didn't step off. So, no, we don't have a deal.

I agree. That's why i'd like Taras to win out of the newbies, he's taken me on a journey ( as much as the ch7 format allows). First, i thought this guy is quirky and looks cool (& easy on the eye!😏), Then with the Tully thing i started not liking his gameplay but still liking his character. Even now, i don't like his gameplay (eg:gloating about lying), but i still like him as a person & can seperate the two. I also like to perve on his pecs😏😂
He definitely did enough to get screen time so he is doing something right, and he has us talking which is far more impressive. I can appreciate bringing interest to the game. I like perving on Brenton’s too 😂

Sure, but that's not Estelle's doing.

Nor is she telling people to do that.

It's not new either. Like it happens for so many people in so many reality tv series. Ask Tully on her first time, ask Abbie Chatfield when she was on Bachelor, etc. I don't do it, but some think it ok to go and abuse others on their personal Twitter's or Instagram, etc and send hostile DMS.

It is a case of people acting angrily to what they see on the tv and think they need to go and track down those people to tell them how horrible, etc they are.
But it is. Estelle continually doesnt take responsibility for how her actions create ripples and repercussions, for example how her lie to me (which she has never refuted btw) contributed to me lying to her. Its just always this one sided rhetoric about how good she was and how bad Tim or I or Aleisha or Johnson were. Its exhausting enough getting hate from the masses, which we were all aware of would happen. But look at Johnsons most recent instagram post, where he has to preempt the death threats by writing why he saved Tim over Reggie, and look at how gracious Reggie is when she commented its ok, she understands. Why cant we all be like that?! Why cant we enjoy this experience and know that it was a game, and that lots of people did things that actually arent that bad, because it was all in a game. Like honestly no one did ANYTHING hurtful or destructive.

All us housemates are a family, and its so so so much more enjoyable when we stick together, but Estelles continuous negativity towards Tim, likening him to an abuser (!?), which of course he blew up about. And Im not saying the way he did it was appropriate, but I totally understand the buildup that created that outcome. Or what of Estelle replying to a tweet that says Drew putting up Lulu and Jaycee was racially motivated (yes it happened. Yes I reported that because that went too far for something which is SO NOT TRUE)?! This whole time we're already putting up with Australias hate on the frontline, while on the backline theres 1 housemate that has this agenda that has to portray all our real-life characters as mean and abusive and racist. And here you are being like "oh, but shes not really". Reggie sent me a message today asking me if Im ok, Tully has continuously reached out to me and always said to me and every other HM "please call me if you ever need to chat because I know what its like to be on the end of hate". You know how much that means to all of us? A lots. It makes all the difference that Tully can slam me on twitter, but I know that in the end she cares for me and knows its a game, and she would never do anything that actively is there to slander or harm me. The hardest thing is not Australias hate, its this story from someone whom I love dearly continuously saying that the game and real life are the same thing, that these edited caricatures of us are not only our real life personas, but in fact are WATERED DOWN personas of us, and perhaps (its always subtly and indirectly said), just perhaps we are just as bad or even worse off than what is being shown.

Also, I dont like how youre saying "shes not telling these people to go yell at you". Puleeese. Thats exactly where this whole thing thrives, indirectly creating situations where this sort of stuff happens but then being able to say "well I didnt tell anyone to do that". Last night after she called me out on instagram live the amount of hate I got on my posts and in my DMs was over 10x what it normally is (not that much), so I'd appreciate you not making arguments that you dont know about.

I totally agree with you on the whole "its not Estelles doing, its the edit.." thing. I have blamed the edit a few times, and I should take more responsibility for my actions. People would hate me no matter what, because of things I did in the house and the way I played the game. What I meant as cheeky can come across as arrogant, and thats my own fault for trying and failing, but its not bad that I failed. And actually, to some people, I didnt fail, some people see the joke in it. Like some people were really really angry at me for saying "I can buy friends" when I talked about winning the money. To me thats so obviously a dumb joke haha, but to some they thought I meant it.

I guess the main thing is, it hasnt been as fun because out internal group is divided, and coping with an edit that doesnt show the full range of our actions, our motives, is hard enough without someone WHO WAS THERE and WHO KNOWS HOW A LOT OF IT WENT DOWN continuing this false narrative, for what? To be the saviour or the good person or something.

OK, I rewatched and transcribed the following:

After one hour... There are four players left. Reggie's wheel turns, she can't sustain a hold in that position. Reggie drops. Alieisha's wheel swings, and similarly she ends up dropping also. This leaves Taras and Estelle. What follows are direct quotes.

BB: This will come down to who needs it more.

T: Do I need it more, Estelle, or do you need it more?

E: I dunno. You tell me. Am I safe with you?

(Taras avoids answering the question, and adjust his posture.)

T: Am I safe with you?

E: Yes.

T: I am?

Estelle nods.

T smiles toothily, with a glint of something in his eyes, and doesn't answer. Estelle is looking down. Eventually Taras, still with an intense gaze on Estelle like a wolf, says rather unconvincingly: Yeah.

(Estelle does not look over to establish they do indeed have a deal.)

E: Oh god.

She begins to sigh, groan, grimace, and contort her body, clearly in pain. Her wheel swings, and she loses her footing, dangles by her hands, and tries several times to reestablish a foothold, and then falls off.

BB: And Estelle drops.

Later, in the diary room, BB asks if he and Estelle have a deal to keep each other safe.

T: That deal is void to me. She didn't step off. So, no, we don't have a deal.

Thank you.

Can we now have the charades version. :p

Whilst we can all go on and on about what we feel about has happened in the recent episode, there is one thing from this episode that the editing can’t compromise our opinions of. And that is the fact that this episode began at Day 56. A whole 3 days of no footage shown.
Unfortunately I have become somewhat of a conspiracist with Ch 7 and their pre-recorded format.

I don't necessarily see it as them failing to include 3 days, but more over - I think they probably did use some material from those 3 days but not in how we would like it have been seen ie consecutively.
I believe the producers probably used snippets here & there to bolster pre determined behaviour suggestions that they want the characters to appear to be.

So by that I mean if something was said on day 57 that was sort of close to the narrative of what the producers want, but something they said on day 55 can be used to bolster how they want it to appear then they would definitely splice it in.

So me being the conspiracist, I believe we did see some material in those 3 days, but not in an entirely truthful, flowing and continuous edit :cool: :biggrin:
And because they used bits 'n pieces of days they cant use the entire conversations as we would know that whatever they tried to portray didn't actually happen that way...

IF and this is a big IF... I for some reason find myself with a broken leg or something and have to lie on the couch for 8 weeks then I would love to rewatch this season again simply to collect info on how many times things have been blatantly manipulated, like... Dave's beard coming off, then back on & back off again.. Or conversations with HM's that have wardrobe changes and all that sort of stuff :biggrin:

Last edited:
Also I'll probably stop talking about this after this, not to be rude, but also what a lot of you have been saying is true, its just a game and I am definitely heated and in the moment. Ive said my piece/peace(?) but also I dont want to become what Im arguing against, because Estelle is a big part of my incredible experience in the house, and I think the reason Im so passionate about this is because we were so so so fucking close for the first 30/40 days. Like unfathomably close to what was shown. She was a real support for me in there. Anyway, it makes me sad and a little bit guilty tbh, I think its time I just kept it a bit quiet because Im feeling like Im a bully now and thats def not my intention. This has been a really good discussion about a lot of pretty incredible topics though I have to say. Did not expect this when I namedmyself "dumbdumbterry". Big love everyone

I agree. That's why i'd like Taras to win out of the newbies, he's taken me on a journey ( as much as the ch7 format allows). First, i thought this guy is quirky and looks cool (& easy on the eye!😏), Then with the Tully thing i started not liking his gameplay but still liking his character. Even now, i don't like his gameplay (eg:gloating about lying), but i still like him as a person & can seperate the two. I also like to perve on his pecs😏😂

Thirsting over DumbDumb seems to be a Matt thing haha

Like most families, there is always one family member that no one wants to sit near. Not saying who. :cool:

In my family, I think that is me that no one wants to sit near. ;)
Same here darlin’

Hup!

I think it the “old people smell” or whatever they say it’s called!

Also I'll probably stop talking about this after this, not to be rude, but also what a lot of you have been saying is true, its just a game and I am definitely heated and in the moment. Ive said my piece/peace(?) but also I dont want to become what Im arguing against, because Estelle is a big part of my incredible experience in the house, and I think the reason Im so passionate about this is because we were so so so fucking close for the first 30/40 days. Like unfathomably close to what was shown. She was a real support for me in there. Anyway, it makes me sad and a little bit guilty tbh, I think its time I just kept it a bit quiet because Im feeling like Im a bully now and thats def not my intention. This has been a really good discussion about a lot of pretty incredible topics though I have to say. Did not expect this when I namedmyself "dumbdumbterry". Big love everyone

Please keep posting, it's interesting getting a birds eye view of what happens good or bad.

Some nufty here called me toxic because I am not a sheep to the moronic flock.

If you must go, good luck in the BB finale. Good Luck with your life. Chin up buddy. Don't take it to heart.

I think it's one thing to be on TV and have to deal with your edit, and subsequent public opinion, informed or otherwise - but quite another to have a fellow housemate saying stuff about you, here and elsewhere. I think you have passionately defended your truth and made a plea for more care and understanding, and awareness of the repercussions for yourself and others, from the fan favourite this forum is forever frothing over, who seems to feel you had no right to come in here and post, in the first place!

I gotta say that I am so shocked by some of the comments I have read tonight.
I stepped away and distanced myself after Taras came in here guns blazing on a campaign trail.
This is what I have come back to?
Alot of “new members” i see who have never posted.. very interesting indeed.

Just because I haven’t explain and tried to skew views and justify does not mean I don’t have anything to say.
I called you an idiot a few posts ago, and an entitled basketcase.
I actually had no idea that you are on here, so, I wouldn’t have written that stuff if I had known, I would delete those posts but I can’t.
I was going too far with the idiot comment, the entitled basketcase… I dunno.

I called you an idiot a few posts ago, and an entitled basketcase.
I actually had no idea that you are on here, so, I wouldn’t have written that stuff if I had known, I would delete those posts but I can’t.
I was going too far with the idiot comment, the entitled basketcase… I dunno.
Props for apologising for that post.
This morning I went back and read the whole thread up until the point Estelle posted and that one post was the only post where I thought maybe it was a bit too far. A personal attack that I personally don’t like, I try to live online by the philosophy that I would only say things about people that I would be comfortable saying to their face.

Going back to all the posts about Estelle before she posted, I thought while some (myself definitely included) were critical of the way she was dealing with the game play, nothing was particularly personal or awful.

You are also 100% right. Here's the fucked up thing with this format, the housemates are voting each other in a pre-recorded show in a game that is decided by the viewers.

Old school BB made sense, the viewers chose the winner whilst also having access to almost everything that went down. Just the same as how BBUS makes sense for the housemates to choose a winner after all watching the game play out before them.

We as viewers SHOULD NOT be deciding the winner for this nonsense.

But we are. Everyone who wants to vote for a strategic player may do so, everyone who wants to vote for their fave character can also do so. It all comes down to how the audience chooses to vote.
Yeah and that is why Survivor is the ultimate format.
You can screw ppl over all you want but once the people you are kicking out become the jury the game becomes SO much more complicated.

Back