Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
I think they made a huge mistake having it the newbies vs OG's, it should have been an all OG series. And had no actual OG winners in there. Share the money around.
Yeah I've always told myself I was going to vote for a newbie when it came time because I felt it was a bit unfair having them up against the OGs.

Reactions: Kaz
Yeah I've always told myself I was going to vote for a newbie when it came time because I felt it was a bit unfair having them up against the OGs.
They are playing their guts out! It is a pity we don't get to see more of them in action, but from what I have seen they are playing with every bit of their beings.

She isn't telling people to go to their accounts and do things and in many cases when she posts her thoughts she doesn't even put a name on it. It's just mostly commentary as the show goes with was going on for her in there with some promo shots is what I've mostly noticed.

You can't blame Estelle for the pounding people are giving to Johnson and Aleisha for voting out Reg for example. That's people liking Reg and thinking Johnson and Aleisha shouldn't have evicted her and then getting angry telling them they shouldn't have done that.

When my opinion soured on Taras it wasn't because of what Tully said on her social media about him either at the time which wasn't glowing in approval for him it was due to what was shown on the tv program. Oh and for that matter Estelle's social media had no influence on me there with that situation either.

She knows it's happening, all she has so do is say, I am hearing that people are threating etc my former HM's can you please stop doing that etc

She isn't telling people to go to their accounts and do things and in many cases when she posts her thoughts she doesn't even put a name on it. It's just mostly commentary as the show goes with was going on for her in there with some promo shots is what I've mostly noticed.

You can't blame Estelle for the pounding people are giving to Johnson an7d Aleisha for voting out Reg for example. That's people liking Reg and thinking Johnson and Aleisha shouldn't have evicted her and then getting angry telling them they shouldn't have done that.

When my opinion soured on Taras it wasn't because of what Tully said on her social media about him either at the time which wasn't glowing in approval for him it was due to what was shown on the tv program. Oh and for that matter Estelle's social media had no influence on me there with that situation either.

Same. It might be the editing but it felt like Taras became a completely different person after being voted by the housemates as flying under the radar.

This is so interesting to read because personally, I truly felt like it was the opposite way in that house.
I thought WE were the fodder. The cheap ratings pull. Only in there to get people feeling nostalgic, not really there to play or be entertaining.

You guys all played an incredible game... you forced us to pick up our socks and actually PLAY (rather than sit back, sunbake and play "getting to know you games" all day every day like "in the good old days" 😂😂)... you played so hard that we realised if we didn't wake the fuck up and acknowledge and respect the new game, we'd be out of there before we even had time to unpack.
I was incredibly impressed and inspired by you and the Newbies... as a fan of the show, I admired all the bold moves and game play.
Despite how it's played out I'm incredibly grateful you guys were in that house.

It would have been so boring otherwise! Retirement village vibes. 😂

I love this. Well said, @tee_smyth . If I look back on this season, using this different perspective, then I'd reckon some of the opinions and comments I posted here would be very different indeed. That said, it is obvious though that the production edit does lead viewers down a particular path, which means it is hard for us to see it from any other perspective than the one that they want us to see.

Credit to @tee_smyth for trying to stop it. 👏
Absolutely! I think with the older hms we expect to see some growth in them. I’m glad we’re seeing one of them speaking out in defence of the newbies because they are young and don’t need this kind of hate. Tully has been a wonderful addition to this years show. She can have her own experiences and share how she feels about then without dragging others in the process but rather show support to everyone

I left the forums last night, a little after the episode had finished. I came back on again today to "catch up" and offer comments and opinions on any additional posts. Well, well, there certainly were a lot of additional posts and a lot of passionate "opinions". I haven't seen this forum this "heated" for a while. I'm not sure which emoji (or emojis) to use here, but I think thumbs up, thumbs down, and stop probably fit best. :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :stop:

Then she shouldn’t be doing lives dragging hms. She incited hate or atleast piled on it. I’m glad she’s come to her senses but she needs to take responsibility a little too
I watch her lives and ‘incited hate’ is a huge stretch. She gave her own opinion about what had occurred. She definitely disagreed with Taras, much in the style of Tully/Estelle’s “live” tweeting during an episode.

But no, she hasn’t orchestrated for her supporters to go and cyber bully lol.

Off-topic kinda, but remember the amount of pile-on cyber bullying for Dan Gorringe / Mat Garrick in their season? This “anti-OG” social media hate is NOTHING compared to that year. I didn’t like them myself, but in hindsight, the public were pretty OTT cruel to them over highly edited gameplay moves the public disagreed with. And that was when there were way more viewers and traction for Big Brother, in comparison to this season, where public SM interaction has dropped off.

Last edited:
Back