Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
The entire problem with this format is that the audience has been conditioned to vote a certain way over 11 seasons of BB (10 and 9 versions) that it's going to be very hard to shift their mindset now.

This is how I’ve perceived it as well. I have always been reluctant for a strategic version of the show and have doubted the success of it.

I am more open to the idea now that I have watched more strategic based RTV shows since BB’s (second) cancellation. But, overall I think the show has way too much of an established name and reputation to be changed. The audience in general won’t budge IMO.

It’s not entirely the fault of the show being strategic, I think had the US format been properly used for this it would have been a lot better produced. But I think even so the audience would still complain and not warm to it.

But seven have failed at even coming close to producing it in a way to have the audience warm to it. They have only themselves to blame.

And now again we will more than likely lose big brother due to the network not putting in the proper effort and commitment to the show. Rather than audiences naturally moving away from the show they’ve been pushed away by production.

all this over the top negativity
Well it makes a change from all the over-the-top positivity and adulation.

Estelle has had so much smoke blown up her arse here, I'm surprised she hasn't already hit the moon!

She's a very pretty woman, with an interesting and expressive face that the camera loves. Not a saint.

After all the really nasty and damning comments here about Tim, and Drew, and Taras (who dares to oppose our sainted one), and the putdowns of Johnson (fine to make him into a standing joke and call the poor fellow Penis, apparently), and so on, a few posters having a laugh about and pointing out the hypocrisy and delusion of Estelle - highlighted in this episode by the edit, I might add - is somehow an outrage!

I hope I havent gone too far tonight, but its distressing getting a billion "youre a cunt, despicable, dog etc" messages on all mediums because Estelle is stirring the pot like Im evil and not telling the entire story. Like, big brother in the end is a FUCKING GAME and everyone else is being incredibly gracious and trying to have fun. AND holding their tongues, because ITS A GAME.
There is the show we are watching, and then there is the rest of life. There are real life consequences. I don't think this sort of behaviour - twisting the facts, inciting hatred, encouraging others online to bully other players - is okay.

And finally, Estelle, if youre reading this, I hope you read my posts above and saw how your constant social media presence is creating an incredibly toxic environment for a lot of us. There is no way you dont know this is happening, and I expect more from you as someone who was bullied on their season. You have a lot of power with your follower numbers, and I am constantly getting calls from other housemates who are in tears or extremely fatigued and distressed at the amount of threats and hateful words being sent our way.

And just to be clear, anytime Ive replied or commented about you on social media is to try, in some fucking way, to diffuse the hate coming towards me and others. Im never EVER focusing on your character, just on the stories that I dont believe you are telling accurately or with context.
I think this bears repeating, for those who missed this section of the thread.

This is not okay.

Well it makes a change from all the over-the-top positivity and adulation.

Estelle has had so much smoke blown up her arse here, I'm surprised she hasn't already hit the moon!

She's a very pretty woman, with an interesting and expressive face that the camera loves. Not a saint.

After all the really nasty and damning comments here about Tim, and Drew, and Taras (who dares to oppose our sainted one), and the putdowns of Johnson (fine to make him into a standing joke and call the poor fellow Penis, apparently), and so on, a few posters having a laugh about and pointing out the hypocrisy and delusion of Estelle - highlighted in this episode by the edit, I might add - is somehow an outrage!

There is the show we are watching, and then there is the rest of life. There are real life consequences. I don't think this sort of behaviour - twisting the facts, inciting hatred, encouraging others online to bully other players - is okay.
Exactly - I pointed out the other day when Johnson had a hissy fit when nominated. I have enjoyed Estelle's game play up until now but I would be a hypocrite not to point out that she is throwing the kind of tantrum that bugs the shit out of me when someone nominates you. It your time to hustle baby not bitch and moan.

Exactly - I pointed out the other day when Johnson had a hissy fit when nominated. I have enjoyed Estelle's game play up until now but I would be a hypocrite not to point out that she is throwing the kind of tantrum that bugs the shit out of me when someone nominates you. It your time to hustle baby not bitch and moan.

She did it in her series as well. The why am I disliked & crying crap. The going outside by yourself talking to yourself out loud so you get TV time.

Shocked she hasn't asked for a stick horse so she can gallop around the backyard like in 2012. Ahhhhhhhhh the memories.

I think this bears repeating, for those who missed this section of the thread.

This is not okay.
Sure, but that's not Estelle's doing.

Nor is she telling people to do that.

It's not new either. Like it happens for so many people in so many reality tv series. Ask Tully on her first time, ask Abbie Chatfield when she was on Bachelor, etc. I don't do it, but some think it ok to go and abuse others on their personal Twitter's or Instagram, etc and send hostile DMS.

It is a case of people acting angrily to what they see on the tv and think they need to go and track down those people to tell them how horrible, etc they are.

Thing is, I didnt fuck it up. Like its just at the whims of how the edit is. Im literally the only honest person about being a liar in there haha. Like they could have easily made even Reggie look evil because of some of her moves!

I appreciate the sentiment, and of course I wish we wernt put with OGs haha, but also we got the fucken experience and thats fucken incredible. But yeah it is hard when our gameplay and moves and (the hardest) personalities are overshadowed by an edit that is the foil to the greatness of the OGs. We are the fodder!
This is so interesting to read because personally, I truly felt like it was the opposite way in that house.
I thought WE were the fodder. The cheap ratings pull. Only in there to get people feeling nostalgic, not really there to play or be entertaining.

You guys all played an incredible game... you forced us to pick up our socks and actually PLAY (rather than sit back, sunbake and play "getting to know you games" all day every day like "in the good old days" 😂😂)... you played so hard that we realised if we didn't wake the fuck up and acknowledge and respect the new game, we'd be out of there before we even had time to unpack.
I was incredibly impressed and inspired by you and the Newbies... as a fan of the show, I admired all the bold moves and game play.
Despite how it's played out I'm incredibly grateful you guys were in that house.

It would have been so boring otherwise! Retirement village vibes. 😂

Sure, but that's not Estelle's doing.
It is precisely Estelle's doing!

I understand this is causing cognitive dissonance.

Estelle is shit-posting on SM about the other housemates, Taras currently, and previously about Tim and Drew. If you don't particularly like those players, perhaps you're fine with it - but they are human beings and do not deserve to be treated this way. Dimwits will always let loose on TV show contestants, but they don't usually have a fan favourite egging them on.

It's not what I call "coming from the heart".

You guys all played an incredible game... you forced us to pick up our socks and actually PLAY (rather than sit back, sunbake and play "getting to know you games" all day every day like "in the good old days" 😂😂)... you played so hard that we realised if we didn't wake the fuck up and acknowledge and respect the new game, we'd be out of there before we even had time to unpack.

Unfortunately the BB good old days are gone.

Maybe that was the problem with some of the OG's, relying on the memories of old. And past friendships with former players, including ones not in theire series. (wish it was the olden BB days)

We don't get to gel or not gel with the new breed of BB contestants.

I think they made a huge mistake having it the newbies vs OG's, it should have been an all OG series. And had no actual OG winners in there. Share the money around.

I don't know any of them well enough, this format doesn't allow us to know them. I know the OG from their seasons, and for me they deserve the money. I like Regie for the person she is, Estelle I was a fun of her in her season, Tim I didn't like that much because I was a fun of Tully and (I forgot her name) the one who had a boyfriend who was a racing car driver. Tim wasn't nice to them so I didn't really like him, but he was funny. I started to like him in BBCAN. I like him this year but I don't like what he is doing to the OG, specially to Estelle. I know it's a game, but my heart speaks always louder than the game.

I think they made a huge mistake having it the newbies vs OG's, it should have been an all OG series. And had no actual OG winners in there. Share the money around.
I think so too.

Knowing what has eventuated and how the season has played out, minus the “OG vs Newbie” storyline, it absolutely could have worked as an entirely All-Stars season.

Perhaps even the rivalry storyline I could imagine Seven would’ve invented for a season like that might be something along the lines of “2013 alliance vs 2006”, “winners vs non winners”, etc.

I think so too.

Knowing what has eventuated and how the season has played out, minus the “OG vs Newbie” storyline, it absolutely could have worked as an entirely All-Stars season.
It's possible they wanted to do that, but too many OGs demanded to be paid six figure sums? Well, if that blog/podcast site is to be believed.

I'd do it CBB style, shorter duration, triple the HMs' stipend, and make the "prize" a $100k donation to charity of their choice.

It is precisely Estelle's doing!

I understand this is causing cognitive dissonance.

Estelle is shit-posting on SM about the other housemates, Taras currently, and previously about Tim and Drew. If you don't particularly like those players, perhaps you're fine with it - but they are human beings and do not deserve to be treated this way. Dimwits will always let loose on TV show contestants, but they don't usually have a fan favourite egging them on.

It's not what I call "coming from the heart".
She isn't telling people to go to their accounts and do things and in many cases when she posts her thoughts she doesn't even put a name on it. It's just mostly commentary as the show goes with was going on for her in there with some promo shots is what I've mostly noticed.

You can't blame Estelle for the pounding people are giving to Johnson and Aleisha for voting out Reg for example. That's people liking Reg and thinking Johnson and Aleisha shouldn't have evicted her and then getting angry telling them they shouldn't have done that.

When my opinion soured on Taras it wasn't because of what Tully said on her social media about him either at the time which wasn't glowing in approval for him it was due to what was shown on the tv program. Oh and for that matter Estelle's social media had no influence on me there with that situation either.

Taras I don't think what Estelle is or isn't saying on social media is bringing the outrage to you or others. It's just from what people see on the tv. Majority of viewers hardly would even look at Estelle's Twitter/Instagram.

I was first turned off you from what the tv program showed you did to Tully. It wasn't any social media comments from others that soured my thoughts on you.
Same. It was what he did to Tully that made me not like him at first. I don't even bother with Twitter or other social Media this year. This BB style does not make me want to get really involve

Back