Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 25 Discussion (29 June, 7:30pm)

If you could bring back one feature from the original format, what would it be?

• Live nominations

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Public voting for evictions

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Live streams

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Gretel Killeen as host

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Mike Goldman as narrator

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Up Late

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Uncut / Adults Only

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
I love Estelle so much! Everything about her is awesome! I love her integrity, strength of character, quirkiness/individuality and her beauty. She's an amazing woman.

And no, Tim would not beat her in a public vote and he knows it.

Just another reason 7's format sucks. IF the evictions were by public vote WE would get to decide who goes but no, it's left up to HMs who all have their own agendas and strategies...and I hate it!
I hate that it has become survivor style too and the deciding is left to the hms to determine.

I finally answered the above question, definitely bring back live stream but I also loved up late. Maybe more so than the daily shows at times. This is why I think introducing bb on social media would be great. We can get updated footage of continuous live feeds throughout the day and it allows everyone to watch on their own time or real time (whatever as it suits everyone). Tiktok would be a great place for bb. I guess the hard part for this is all of us joining on at the same time, but there can also be a daily show but doesn’t need to be as long. I don’t know. Just trying to think of ways for bb to still be relevant and bring back the live stream

Had to roll each and every single die, one by one, and if we did it too fast we had to stop because they wernt getting footage they needed. And they didnt show there were dice-in-dice, so clear dice with another dice inside it, and you had to roll it so BOTH were six. crazy shit like that
Was there a point where you knew you'd fail the task and wanted to give up, but Big Brother forced you to keep playing to get the 'exciting' footage they needed?

I have never watched MasterChef. I have seen parts of it her and there if I was at someone’s house but never invested. Is that shocking, I don’t know. But yeah never tuned in on a whole show before.

I chose from the poll to bring uplate back. Whilst I'd like all the other things back as well but bringing uplate or a form of it back is like a compromise.

One of the big problems with this format is we don't get to know people enough. They just shove the strat talk, nominations stuff at us all the time. So more people side with the ogs as they know them better.

Yet if 7 was able to record lots of just live streaming to play it back for us at a later date and place it in an uplate show or similar we would be able to find out more about the things going on in the house. They'd still be able to keep their silly pre recorded months ago version but at least they should be giving us unfiltered access to the house to know the housemates better if they saved a bunch of live streaming to show us months later.
That's the way i see it, a compromise with more content...
Fucker didn't answer it!
Bit rough straight up asking "What's your game plan?" though...I wouldn't have asked any questions and figured being chained to the pole was enough punishment
I don't know why Brenton was so keen for a deal... If he apparently has four votes 🤷
I'll never understand the thinking that you've won after you've make a deal... but ..he was done! and still really wanted to "win"

I really admire how Estelle handles herself in challenges.
Thank god for that! Estelle needs to outlast Tim.

Brenton is legit wiped from that challenge.
No sleep thanks to punishments...again i think, so did i hear there's no more?
OMG Estelle you can't be serious thinking of working with that snake Tim.

he turns on a dime, as soon as he gets what he wants out of you for this vote - you're history
Tim's right the game evolves now to flipping clicks....you vote with who ever as long as it helps your game even if you don't intend to keep working with them ...some pretend...and I'm pretty sure by this stage they have all broken a "game promise" (is it really a lie?)....I could be wrong and well played if so...but try not to take it personally when you get stung
Did you click the spoiler yesterday?
Yes...i was hoping it was wrong, not suprised it was right...
Why don’t they just bring Sonya into the house for these interrogations?
Because she is terrible! Or her writer is....Gabby had a double plea! Gabs looked from her reaction like she thought her first eviction plea was enough and i agree....Tim would be interesting as host he narrates the eviction nights so well as it is...that's why they ask you all the questions Tim they want to know what you're thinking....
Gabbie. That was a mistake with Brentons strength in challenges!
She did well up there but his intruder call was clutch...
Yeah, pretty much. Had she voted Brenton, it would have tied, and Tim would have sent Brenton home.
4-2 makes me wonder if Tim knew the numbers, knew he could vote Gabby and still keep Brentim?...but he was definitely a fan of Gabs...

Oh, poor Gabbie. Reggie really needed to let go of that grudge. Kind of shot herself in the foot voting her out.

Yes I think Gabster must have pissed off Reginald some what :roflmao: :cool:
Sure did...had Reg fire up in the yard "I can't have people doin this to me, not again" or something along those lines...
Had to roll each and every single die, one by one, and if we did it too fast we had to stop because they wernt getting footage they needed. And they didnt show there were dice-in-dice, so clear dice with another dice inside it, and you had to roll it so BOTH were six. crazy shit like that
That's just stupid and sucks the fun out of it...they still could have made it impossible ...
So seems like Aleisha did vote to save Gabbie in the end and that Estelle voted her out? I think that's what I've deducted through watching the live Instagram chat with Gabbie and Estelle.

Seems all is forgiven now with them though. I guess bummer that Estelle felt she had reason to vote her though.
Awesome of Eliesha to vote with her heart ...crying perhaps because she knew the numbers to and her friend was leaving?
Would have looked better and been an easy out in the aftermath for Estelle to cut a deal with Brendan but i understand absolutely why she didn't...Estelle said trust but maybe all the OGs want an intruder with them .?..

Highlight for me tonight was Johnson voting to enhance his experience not enhance his game....you gotta rate that....

Just watched seven + to confirm votes...

Gabbie
Johnson
Reggie
Estelle
Taras (Nope you didn't turn both the girls votes like you thought @DumbDumbTerry)

Brenton
Aleisha
Tim

when you see it like that Gabbie was a lot more loyal to the OG's than they were to her at the end. She still wanted to see Tim to win in her exit interview.

Just watched seven + to confirm votes...

Gabbie
Johnson
Reggie
Estelle
Taras (Nope you didn't turn both the girls votes like you thought @DumbDumbTerry)

Brenton
Aleisha
Tim

when you see it like that Gabbie was a lot more loyal to the OG's than they were to her at the end. She still wanted to see Tim to win in her exit interview.
I’m actually a little annoyed Estelle voted this way. I knew Reggie would put her point on gabbie, but not Estelle. I know they are all playing their own game, but when you talk about playing an honest game and do that, I don’t know it just annoys me. I don’t want to be but I am. Yes I wish tim hadn’t saved Johnson but there was no reason for gabbie to go since it is clear that tim would have saved her by the looks of it. I’m glad the girls are over it now but I think it’s more to do with the fact gabbie has not taken it personally, I’m not sure some of the others would have let it go judging by their actions outside the house. I can’t believe this isn’t being talked more about either because had this been tim, he definitely would have been dragged for it. Estelle did gabbie dirty imo

I’m actually a little annoyed Estelle voted this way. I knew Reggie would put her point on gabbie, but not Estelle. I know they are all playing their own game, but when you talk about playing an honest game and do that, I don’t know it just annoys me. I don’t want to be but I am. Yes I wish tim hadn’t saved Johnson but there was no reason for gabbie to go since it is clear that tim would have saved her by the looks of it. I’m glad the girls are over it now but I think it’s more to do with the fact gabbie has not taken it personally, I’m not sure some of the others would have let it go judging by their actions outside the house. I can’t believe this isn’t being talked more about either because had this been tim, he definitely would have been dragged for it. Estelle did gabbie dirty imo

Agreed. I don't understand this move at all when Gabbie was probably the closest person Estelle had in there out of those that are left and would not have put her up for nomination or voted for her to leave.

Agree. Nothing at all wrong with it. Its gameplay. But rings a bit hollow when you purport to play an "honest" game. Its pure self interest. As it should be. There is no honest game in a cut throat, eliminate opposition one by one with one winner left standing competition. Thats a complete fallacy to the nature of the game. But popularity contest participants tend to boo the villain and ignore the hero for much the same actions. To me, its all fair in such a contest. By all.

Gabbie was practically an OG in terms of loyalty, so it was indeed puzzling that Reggie and Estelle decided not to keep her as a number.
She was certainly more likely to help them in future than Brenton would, and down the track could have been a useful number to get Johnson or Aleisha out.
But Reggie had it in for her, and seems fond of Brenton, so I guess that influenced her decision, and Estelle decided to back Reggie?

I'm worried that Estelle goes soon.
Hopefully she outlasts Tim though.

After that, it will be up to Reggie to take the win, otherwise it will be a deeply unsatisfying result for me.
Aleisha/Johnson in the top 3/4 would be the worst.
That's what I am thinking too...

I think Tim screwed up saving Johnson as he is quite independent in his game plan for the end game and he does see Tim as a threat. He might work with him one more time to try an oust Estelle, then it would be no more alliances. Where over if Gabbie was still in the game she would have backed Tim all the way. But I am glad she is gone as I want to see Tim on the block & watch him come crawling to Estelle to plead with her to save him and hopefully she would be able to say,

"Hmm Tim, I just don't know - you have wanted to get me out recently but you're just such a shit player and me being here is, well, again another of your stupid moves that backfired. I'm just not seeing the value in keeping you, I mean I want too - but hmm, nah, you're just a waste of my time - so with that I will be nomming you & YOU will be going tonight, because unlike you - my plans actually WORK."

The thing I hated with Tim, was how smug he gets when he thinks he is in control & the leader of the game - like when he was in the tree house area and as each nominee came into speak to him, he would brashly say, "OK, PITCH TO ME", it felt like he was sitting up high on a judges bench looking down upon his mignons with distain and getting them to all plead for their lives .... urghhhhh how I want to see him on the block and Estelle cast the deciding vote to send him through the door 😍 😍:cool:

My phone was charging at the start of last nights show - So I didn't get to comment straight away...
How cringey was Johnson & Johnson toilet brush giving himself all those pep talks...

As a super fan I think he must have thought back at home all those months ago before the show started, 'What can I do that Australia will remember me for ever and think that I am the bestest ever BB player in history???' ---- and then thought number 34,876 comes into his mind....
'Got it, I will give myself pep talks every day and I will look so cool, so good, so irresistibly fabulous as a game player that the Twitter trend will have me at No. 1'
In reality no one knows as the producers see it what it is for, a cringy wanky play at getting on the edit for his own self glorification and they don't show any of it as Tim is the master manipulator and 88 of the 90 minutes of almost every show is dedicated to him, so bad luck Johnson & Johnson Toilet Duck Cleaner - you're antics end up on the cutting room floor

UNTIL last night whereas Tim has become so lame in his crap that the producers think, "Urgh, make up a streamer thingy like the 'pull me' fake eviction crap thing and give Johnson & Johnson Antibacterial Mould Foam a 10 second run with his pep talk garbage, oh and throw in a Kentucky Fried Rat burger so at least we can claim it as a sponsor promo"... :roflmao::biggrin:

You are right. Estelle has history of backing reggie. Backing her right into solitary in the laundry.
Thats what I'm thinking to now...it had more to do with backing Reggie than cutting Gabby....still strange given Brendans affiliation with the noobs...maybe of she had an idea on the numbers she would have gone Gabby for the tie and forced Tim to show his hand...
I think even Gabby thought it was Estelle on side and not Eliesha going by her reaction....

I think Estelle has just proved Tim right with this vote with what he said a week or so ago (maybe the Tully night) - She is voting more with her head than she is admitting. Unless the editing has just never shown us the Estelle Brenton friendship she seems a whole lot closer to Gabbie.

Back