Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Surely this marks the end for BB on 7.
We can only hope.

The worst part is, if they survive based solely on the BVOD numbers (unlikely unless they’ve already spent pre-production money on the second commissioned 2022 season), Seven will still serve up the exact same BS, not change a thing and continue to wonder what went wrong.

Do they even have another season ready beyond this one?
They don't have one in the can, and on these numbers surely they won't make another. But I said that last year when I expected them to dismantle the house. Anyone near Homebush want to do a drive by?

Last edited:
I don't think so. And on these numbers surely they won't. But I said that last year when I expected them to dismantle the house. Anyone near Homebush want to do a drive by?
Yeah, I was about to say with these figures no way 7 brings it back. I mean, how can they justify it?

Not only have viewing habits changed drastically since the pandemic began (except for crap like MAFS) it seems that they’ve changed a lot just this year. The top 20 is full of shows that air in the afternoon while the prime time shows are struggling. For whatever reason viewers are turning free to air off after 8:30. I wonder if even the traditional BB format could work in this climate? Maybe if a streaming service took it on and it could get social media traction. I really don’t see how channel 7 could continue to show BB at 7:30 with these numbers…

Not only have viewing habits changed drastically since the pandemic began (except for crap like MAFS) it seems that they’ve changed a lot just this year. The top 20 is full of shows that air in the afternoon while the prime time shows are struggling. For whatever reason viewers are turning free to air off after 8:30. I wonder if even the traditional BB format could work in this climate? Maybe if a streaming service took it on and it could get social media traction. I really don’t see how channel 7 could continue to show BB at 7:30 with these numbers…
They are lucky that Celeb Apprentice is also flopping on 9 (rating around 400k), otherwise the BB numbers would look even worse.

The pandemic has accelerated the switch to streaming worldwide but in Australia the networks putting all their eggs in the 7.30 reality franchises has done little to keep viewers around. If you're watching those shows you're best head off elsewhere at 9pm, and if not the networks are losing you at 7.30pm, if not earlier if you care little for the news.

They don't have one in the can, and on these numbers surely they won't make another. But I said that last year when I expected them to dismantle the house. Anyone near Homebush want to do a drive by?
I drove past about two weeks ago and it’s still standing! my friend who worked on last season is adamant there will be another one as she is scheduled to work on it a few weeks after she wraps up filming The Traitors for Ch. 10 which gets underway shortly!

I drove past about two weeks ago and it’s still standing! my friend who worked on last season is adamant there will be another one as she is scheduled to work on it a few weeks after she wraps up filming The Traitors for Ch. 10 which gets underway shortly!
Ooooh they are out of their minds. Keep us apprised though! Obviously we'll know if they do a casting call, not so much if they quietly move out of the pavilion though. So yeah, we need progress reports.

Ooooh they are out of their minds. Keep us apprised though! Obviously we'll know if they do a casting call, not so much if they quietly move out of the pavilion though. So yeah, we need progress reports.
Times they are a changing. I’ve heard it only costs a third of what it cost 9 and 10 with this format.

They didn’t really get a chance to do anything after the ratings result of VIP. They have made some changes which while not substantial enough for many here, are small steps in the right direction. So I hold hope they can do some more tinkering and come up with something that grabs more linear eyeballs (and continues being a streaming success) next series.

Times they are a changing. I’ve heard it only costs a third of what it cost 9 and 10 with this format.

They didn’t really get a chance to do anything after the ratings result of VIP. They have made some changes which while not substantial enough for many here, are small steps in the right direction. So I hold hope they can do some more tinkering and come up with something that grabs more linear eyeballs (and continues being a streaming success) next series.
Mr Eternal Optimist :roflmao: 😁 Love ya Bleachy.

I tell ya what. If they do make another season I might let you guys watch it in peace.

Mr Eternal Optimist :roflmao: 😁 Love ya Bleachy.

I tell ya what. If they do make another season I might let you guys watch it in peace.
Haha nah I nearly stopped posting last year. It takes all kinds. The interactions here increases my enjoyment of the show tenfold!

Back