Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
327,000 viewers for lasts night’s episode, 857,000 total for last Tuesday.

Live viewers are definitely crashing worse than I thought, but it’s saving grace is that it’s consolidated gains relative to live are significantly better than most of it’s competition.

Really scared that the main takeaway by producers is that no-one wants to watch the OGs.

They really would come to that conclusion, wouldn't they?
Producers, if you're lurking, the OGs are the ONLY reason to watch!
what we don't want is the the really noisy kissing and artificial showmances, cringeworthy editing of people eating the sponsored chicken and not having any understanding of who half the housemates even are considering the amount of time the show is on each night.

Would be interesting to know when those not watching live are actually watching. Are they saving them for the weekend?

I assume anyone watching the same night is counted in the overnight "live" figures - that's how it works in the UK anyway.

No I'm pretty sure it's just the live count extrapolated from people with OzTAM "people-meters" installed.
Well of course, but I think the overnight figure also includes people watching the same night (so people watching at 9pm for example), so the 7-day figure is people watching the next day or later.

(Confirmed here that anyone watching before 2am is counted in the overnight figure: https://oztam.com.au/theratingsprocess.aspx)

Well of course, but I think the overnight figure also includes people watching the same night (so people watching at 9pm for example), so the 7-day figure is people watching the next day or later.

(Confirmed here that anyone watching before 2am is counted in the overnight figure: https://oztam.com.au/theratingsprocess.aspx)
Well there you go. Technology finally starting to catch up (pun unintended). So if it was just the live viewers a la the old days the numbers would be even worse. Jebus.

The answer should be fairly obvious by now.
It’s hard for me to fully understand Australia being here in NYC. A while ago I was supposed to go to Australia to study the Great Barrier Reef. Now with COVID I doubt I will ever go.

It’s holding! It’s still reached the ground from the top of the cliff, but it’s not digging underground!

lel. Just saw news from last week that suggest the show completely bombed in the ratings here in NZ. It was previously airing two days after Australia at 5pm. It's now been dumped onto one of the sister channels airing at 11:50am. They're just burning through their contractual obligation to air it at this point. 😂

Though its kinda expected, the episode is available to watch on-demand over 24 hours before they were airing it anyway...

Dunno what they were expecting tbh. BB2020 aired on a rival network in primetime (lockdowns pushed The Block NZ to 2021 and they needed something to fill the gap) and within a few weeks they dumped it into late night before dropping the show altogether once they'd finished the season. TVNZ then picked it up last year, did BB2021 online only and aired VIP on the linear channel. That must've done quite well to give them the confidence to air BB2022 on the linear channel, but it clearly didn't have the pull VIP did.

If TVNZ pull the pin on it at this point, that'll mean that production would then need to rely solely on Seven to finance the show, and given the way ratings are looking like there, I doubt Seven would be willing to pay even more for the show.

I doubt TVNZ are contributing much financially but no surprise it's flopped for them.
Yeah I think the rights would run very cheap for the show because nobody wants it. It's in the bargain bin for sure.

Wow, the casual big brother audience are smarter than I thought. It didn’t take very long for them to actually take note of how bad this version is even for them.

I really was wrong thinking this was going to be a ratings hit. It’s down like 33% in total TV numbers from last year as well.

Back