Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

So still a chance it is up_all_night then… 😂
not long until lockdown ends for victoria. unless of course dictator dan reverses the decision at literally the very last second whilst cackling at the poor deluded foolish creatures who thought he'd ever let the state out of lockdown. and then he brings in even more police to enforce his dictatorial ways.

Best Real Housewives Of Melbourne GIFs | Gfycat

All the outrage the left in this country feel with media bias yet many are very quiet on Dan Andrews/the lockdown ending when cases are still in the 1000's! Where are their concerns about health now? Maybe it was just politics.

All the outrage the left in this country feel with media bias yet many are very quiet on Dan Andrews/the lockdown ending when cases are still in the 1000's! Where are their concerns about health now? Maybe it was just politics.
What a weird looking gif. I guess there isn't much anger because Dan Andrews is pretty much untouchable.

TIL people complaining about Police states don't even understand what the term means.

During the last two decades, we've had sweeping removals rights and due process sweep away by Federal conservatives governments in the guise of "anti-terror legislation." Which is far-reaching outside of that scope. Secret detentions and trials. Even prosecuting lawyers in secret trials for defending whistleblowers. Currently, they are claiming they can prosecute you in these secret trials while withholding the evidence they have against yet. Which for the layperson means you don't have due process and can't properly mount a defence.

That is apparently not a police state, because only Labor can do a police state by telling you to stay home during a pandemic with restrictions that have expiry dates.

NSW can stick anti-terror police on journalists during the pandemic, that's apparently not a police state.

People need a perspective. They need to actually be informed. Not just stick to Murdoch bubbles.
SA's recent law changes with ICAC means misconduct and maladministration of police officers will go uninvestigated. And it this way by design. No it is not only Labor that has police states.

I feel deeply uncomfortable with different things happening accross the eastern states at the moment because I have lived a relatively covid free life over the last couple of years and I need to come to terms with the fact that I have to "live with covid" when we haven't before. But I am self aware enough to realise that my personal feeling about this may be influencing how I feel about the states opening up. I know for the mental health of Melburnians especially lockdowns easing is a good thing. I am concerned about things like mask restrictions etc that have been going on in some places as this seems too quick. I have wondered if some people living in the Eastern states are feeling any anxiety going from lockdown to total freedom?

Back