Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vesna and the Logan twins...
0-B919-F3-C-5-F07-442-F-BFB8-628-C453-F5043.gif

The Logan twins were hot back in the day. But that was 16 years ago though... 😱

People seem to forget that people age.

Sometimes that can make for an interesting return, but more often than not you want to watch the housemate you watched 15 years ago, not the person they have become 15 years later. The trouble also with the Seven format is will it really give the originals the chance to share their stories of what has happened in their life sense, and if it does will that be completely at the expense of getting to know the 12 newbies?

People seem to forget that people age.

Sometimes that can make for an interesting return, but more often than not you want to watch the housemate you watched 15 years ago, not the person they have become 15 years later. The trouble also with the Seven format is will it really give the originals the chance to share their stories of what has happened in their life sense, and if it does will that be completely at the expense of getting to know the 12 newbies?
I am guessing so. In an ideal world we'd get extensive flashbacks shown of past series, many scenes of the housemates comparing the experience to the past experience. In BBUS vets vs newbies series the vets routinely have gotten more airtime than the newbies. Think Rachel Reily, Jeff and Jordan Lloyd, Daniele Donato, Paul Abrahamian ect. In survivor this also ALWAYS happens. Whenever a survivor cast has had a 50/50 split of newbies and vets, the returnees have always won and if not the vets always get the most screen time. Boston Rob in Redemption Island, Jonathan Penner in Philippines, Stephenie LaGrossa in Guatemala, the list goes on. We also saw similarly with Luke is Australian survivor S4 that he was shown A LOT more than the actual winner in Pia and Runner-Up Baden. I can only assume Danny will get an abundance of screen time in BBVIP, and if he does so then that could possibly be indicative of the airtime proportion for BB2022 when comparing newbies and vets. But even so regardless that the format isn't changing and it is still set as a game, we cannot expect the show to give no context or backstory of these former housemates to at least explain to younger viewers who they are and why they're on an all star season, if we don't get any backstory as to why they are returning then the entire premise of the theme is rendered pointless. It will be just like these all stars are unknowns to the modern viewers who won't know any of the history of people like the Logan twins or sadly even Reggie. I don't expect any changes to editing style or format, but I can't see how this could be done sufficiently without the inclusion of content relating to the previous seasons whether it be direct footage or conversations between the older housemates. Of course either way this will only hinder the newbies in terms of their share of screen time, narrative and character development. But if any past all star seasons of reality TV are to go by, this is probably the likely case, that is if of course channel 7 would actually like this to be a ratings success and milk the hell out of having all stars. In a perfect world to me Reggie gets a perfect edit and becomes the first 2 time winner of Big Brother.

Based on what I've heard, read and seen from social inactivity, the likely housemates are

Reggie Sorenson (BB03)
Trevor Butler (BB04)
The Logans (BB05)
David Graham (BB06)
Layla Subritsky (BB12)
Estelle Landy (BB12)
Tully Smyth (BB13)
Tim Dormer (BB13)

Also heard names floating around but not confirmed;
Sara-Marie Fedele (BB01)
Merlin Luck (BB04)

Possibly declined based off being active on social media or confirmed to not be taking part;
Bree Amer (BB04)
Vesna Toveska (BB05)
Aleisha Cowcher (BB07)
Terri Mann (BB08)
Benjamin Norris (BB12)
Michael Bveridge (BB12)
Stacey Wren (BB12)
Ben Zabel (BB13)
Tahan Lew-Fatt (BB13)
Skye Wheatley (BB14)
Estelle is active on social media - and thank god for that. One look at her TikTok and Instagram will tell you why she won’t be cast, especially after the Katie / BB VIP controversy.

By that same token, I’ll be peeved if they actually went with Layla. I didn’t mind her in 2012 but I can’t see her not being a bore in a new season. I am actually disappointed we aren’t getting Benjamin to rep his season.

I’ll be happily surprised if the Tim rumour is true. I can’t see him wanting to do it though. He seems like he’s put that all in the past now. But I’ll be thrilled if he is, especially as he will play this game better than anyone has played it in Australia so far.

A few names on that “likely” list I wouldn’t mind swapping out for others though. Pretty upset we aren’t getting Paul and Vesna. Paul would be fierce in this format!!

A few names on that “likely” list I wouldn’t mind swapping out for others though. Pretty upset we aren’t getting Paul and Vesna. Paul would be fierce in this format!!
Channel 7 is probably way too scared to have someone like Paul on in 2021. It is a shame, because if an all stars were to have been done 10 years ago, we'd probably get a different handful of people. I would guess channel 7 want to steer away from controversial houseguests. I would not be surprised if Skye's recent joke about consent on her instagram story played some sort of role in her not being on the cast. 7 would ideally want to keep away from any risk of cancel culture. People like Reggie, David Graham, Layla and the Logans are safe options in regards to this.

Ironically. Given they were willing to include Katie, and did include Dayne and Caitlyn.
I am curious what happened with Katie/Estelle? I have only seen Estelle briefly on instagram discussing covid. From my understanding she is anti vax? I don't really know much about her or Katie on social media. I only recently started following Estelle again.

Estelle is active on social media - and thank god for that. One look at her TikTok and Instagram will tell you why she won’t be cast, especially after the Katie / BB VIP controversy.

By that same token, I’ll be peeved if they actually went with Layla. I didn’t mind her in 2012 but I can’t see her not being a bore in a new season. I am actually disappointed we aren’t getting Benjamin to rep his season.

I’ll be happily surprised if the Tim rumour is true. I can’t see him wanting to do it though. He seems like he’s put that all in the past now. But I’ll be thrilled if he is, especially as he will play this game better than anyone has played it in Australia so far.

Is she not vaxxed? That's the the only reason that I can see for Estelle not to get cast on the show.

Facebook post from Vesna, confirming she was asked and said yes. Was cleared to participate and ultimately cut from the cast in favour of the Logan twins.
I would be surprised if they kept the theme around for at least another series so perhaps it’s just a matter of time.

Based on what I've heard, read and seen from social inactivity, the likely housemates are

Reggie Sorenson (BB03)
Trevor Butler (BB04)
The Logans (BB05)
David Graham (BB06)
Layla Subritsky (BB12)
Estelle Landy (BB12)
Tully Smyth (BB13)
Tim Dormer (BB13)

Also heard names floating around but not confirmed;
Sara-Marie Fedele (BB01)
Merlin Luck (BB04)

Possibly declined based off being active on social media or confirmed to not be taking part;
Bree Amer (BB04)
Vesna Toveska (BB05)
Aleisha Cowcher (BB07)
Terri Mann (BB08)
Benjamin Norris (BB12)
Michael Bveridge (BB12)
Stacey Wren (BB12)
Ben Zabel (BB13)
Tahan Lew-Fatt (BB13)
Skye Wheatley (BB14)
Seems on point, So Dramatic seems to back up:

Tully
Estelle
Layla
Reggie
Tim Dormer
David Graham

Also mentions Sara-Marie and Ben Norris but I can’t tell if it’s solid info or wishful thinking.

Either way, I’m surprised that neither the main teaser nor rumours acknowledge 7’s own seasons as being part of this. Tacit admission of failure?

Seems on point, So Dramatic seems to back up:

Tully
Estelle
Layla
Reggie
Tim Dormer
David Graham

Also mentions Sara-Marie and Ben Norris but I can’t tell if it’s solid info or wishful thinking.

Either way, I’m surprised that neither the main teaser nor rumours acknowledge 7’s own seasons as being part of this. Tacit admission of failure?
I am going to wishfully assume that the teaser suggests that the theme will focus on channel 9 and 10 seasons and that 7 housemates are not included. Most of who you'd expect them to want to return would either be too hard (Danny playing a 3rd time and Sophie being overseas) or are online on social media (Notably Tilly). So I can't see a way channel 7 housemates would be included and the theme makes more sense to only include old school housemates.

I am going to wishfully assume that the teaser suggests that the theme will focus on channel 9 and 10 seasons and that 7 housemates are not included. Most of who you'd expect them to want to return would either be too hard (Danny playing a 3rd time and Sophie being overseas) or are online on social media (Notably Tilly). So I can't see a way channel 7 housemates would be included and the theme makes more sense to only include old school housemates.
Yeah, I agree that 7 are probably only looking at Channel 9 or 10 HGs for this for their notoriety/impact.

While I’m not complaining, it’s still kinda weird for them to have an anniversary of the entire franchise and not include their own products. I think if they were really desperate, they could’ve brought back second chance players that went out earlier.

Talking about people ageing, if indeed Farmer Dave is in the mix then some might be in for a rude shock from his mid twenties to early forties. No hate though, he’s still hot.

I know she’s not in the cast but it weirds me out how Krystal looks like a completely different person now too. I feel like most people in the world still look recognisable after 15 years?

Actually, I think 7 might have lowkey spoiled the cast all along, since the rumoured houseguests line up shockingly well with the promo teaser. Assuming Chrissie Swan and Fitzy were only included in the promo because they’re recognisable, I’d say the final returnee cast is:

Tim (2013)
Tully (2013)
Estelle (2012)
Layla (2012)
Sara Marie (2001)
Logan Twins (2005)
Reggie (2003)
David Graham (2006)
Merlin (2004)
Pete Timbs (2001)
Jess OR Marty (2002)
Trevor Butler (2004)

Which would balance the 12 new housemates exactly, assuming that they only got one of the Logan twins or that they play as one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back