Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Peta Credlin about Daniel Andrews: "Honestly, this bloke couldn't lie straight in bed. Victorian people are owed a Royal Commission - a Royal Commission and an early election".

headlights.jpg.3090c88b077dd61886c6ea4c96deee0b.jpg

The ridiculous protesters should be made to clean virus wards at hospital
Maybe they would then get the point and accept this is not a conspiracy

Thank heavens Vic is getting to where things look promising, i am so sick of my cooking, and my house

And thanks to moderators @Brekkie ; @marquisite ....whomever
For cleaning up trash and throwing out rubbish, ie shitty posters that tried to hijack this and any and every thread
Good riddance to USA politics, it is insane and could harm your brain

Funny isn't it how you can rely on dickheads, extreme idiots, flaming fools to get themselves banned
All you have to do is.....
step out of the way, and watch them burn each other

Thanks also to the reporters

So Daniel Andrews has an idea that will safely allow cafes, restaurants etc to be able to increase their patronage...great idea! The problem is he wants to extend the eating areas into parks and car parking areas...parks might be ok but parking areas? Car parks are already as scarce as hens teeth.

With this in mind, we had a visit from a local councillor the other day and he asked us if we would mind if the cafe next door put tables in front of our office. Umm...sorry, yes we do mind. It's not so much tables taking up the footpath...it's those bloody barrier things they put up around them complete with weatherproof blinds. If you park adjacent to them you then have to walk down the road until you find a break to get onto the footpath and into our office. Some of our clients are elderly, some have boxes and boxes of paperwork and some even bring in their whole computer!

While we wish the cafe next door all the best and hope that they prosper in the future, we don't think that they should impact on our business any more than they already do. Are we being unreasonable?

So Daniel Andrews has an idea that will safely allow cafes, restaurants etc to be able to increase their patronage...great idea! The problem is he wants to extend the eating areas into parks and car parking areas...parks might be ok but parking areas? Car parks are already as scarce as hens teeth.

With this in mind, we had a visit from a local councillor the other day and he asked us if we would mind if the cafe next door put tables in front of our office. Umm...sorry, yes we do mind. It's not so much tables taking up the footpath...it's those bloody barrier things they put up around them complete with weatherproof blinds. If you park adjacent to them you then have to walk down the road until you find a break to get onto the footpath and into our office. Some of our clients are elderly, some have boxes and boxes of paperwork and some even bring in their whole computer!

While we wish the cafe next door all the best and hope that they prosper in the future, we don't think that they should impact on our business any more than they already do. Are we being unreasonable?
Seems like a reasonable objection. Could you have compromised with a promised break in the barrier in front of your office?

I can sort of understand why this bloke and many other mower contractors around Melbourne would be peeved at their restrictions on lawn mowing around Melbourne. I have noticed now many lawns that are uncut around town were all probably most likely mowed by a company like Jims Mowing etc. I really can't understand why these guys are banned from mowing because of restrictions as they are working outdoors and would most likely all be wearing face masks also. There would be virtually no risk to the homeowner who can just stay inside their home while they mow outside. I mean people are aloud to exercise outdoors and ride a bike without a mask on but yet a person can't go and mow your lawn outdoors who will most likely wear a mask and be safer than those who are supposedly outside exercising? Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

I mean builders are aloud to work on all sorts of sites including right next door to your property with 3 blokes working at the same time right next to your house. I have noticed many builders and tradies working outdoors not wearing masks at all while on job sites. I have also seen many a tradie after work all sitting around sometimes 10 or more workers all having a beer, not wearing any masks and not observing the social distancing measures at all.

Oh well you can tell which properties mow their own lawns now because they are mostly neat and mowed, all properties that relied on contractors to mow their lawns around Melbourne are around knee height at the moment and getting higher by the day.

Yes, it's a stupid restriction for all the reasons you mentioned. Some people can't physically mow their lawns and weed their gardens and some people just don't have the time because they are working longer hours due to COVID-19 but they are not allowed to employ someone to do it for them and so untidiness prevails. It doesn't improve mental health to look out on your once manicured garden and see it turning into a jungle before your eyes.

As you said, it makes no sense to have these restrictions where people are working outside and the customers are safely inside. Apparently, council employees are still able to tend to parks etc so why not mowing franchises?

Reminds me of an email I got from our pool people in March. They said they could no longer come and service our pool due to COVID-19. Umm...I only get the pool serviced once a year and that is usually in October (unless there is an unforeseen equipment failure). BUT it's the same deal...the guys are OUTSIDE and I'm at work and they email their invoice to me when they're done. I never see them ever. So WHY?

Non essential services are limited to stop people moving about too much
The travelling all over stuff, apparently makes life very difficult for tracers and other stuff I don't know about etc
I know it does seem odd....

I am going to start a Tracing online course, my usual profession is all locked down for now and whenever
There are free courses,from reputable educators

Back