Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

I hate being the one to sound like a noob, but I struggle so hard to find international seasons online (as I do with any show online tbh im hopless) I have an American VPN but if anyone could provide links or websites as to where I can watch BBUS? the VPN allows me to access BB22 but I can't watch episodes 1-3. Obviously I'm not going to be able to get CBS all access without a US card, but if anyone knows where I could watch past US seasons or even the first 3 eps of this current season it would be much appreciated. I swear like 10 years ago it was so simple to find them on youtube lol

I hate being the one to sound like a noob, but I struggle so hard to find international seasons online (as I do with any show online tbh im hopless) I have an American VPN but if anyone could provide links or websites as to where I can watch BBUS? the VPN allows me to access BB22 but I can't watch episodes 1-3. Obviously I'm not going to be able to get CBS all access without a US card, but if anyone knows where I could watch past US seasons or even the first 3 eps of this current season it would be much appreciated. I swear like 10 years ago it was so simple to find them on youtube lol

Got you covered

Love the moments when Julie breaks out of Chenbot mode and just turns into a fan - the producers stitched her up with a couple of hinky votes she wasn't expecting which left us all with hope a flip may have occured, and then for the first time ever I think in an eviction interview she seemed to seriously fangirl over the evictee.

Anyway, hoping now the All Star is out of the way the No Stars actually begin to play.

An interesting article on Reality Blurred about BBUSA being broken.

I do somewhat agree, but don't agree the solution would be reverting to the original format or axing HoH, or a BB2 style overhaul. A revamp like that is one thing after a lukewarm first series but history shows a major revamp of an established, but struggling, franchise, only ends up in the show being axed.

Personally I think a couple of simple changes could be made. Firstly to take out some of the predictability, and some of the control of the HoH, if the Veto is used hand over the decision on the replacement to the viewers. That means the nominees are not set until eviction night, and the HoH and indeed the entire house loses control over the process. It means no housemate is safe, and also brings a new dynamic to the Veto considering the random nature of it.

Another idea would be reducing the number of housemates who can vote each week to say an in-house jury of seven, with voters being determined through a competition. That means a dominating alliance has to win their place on the weekly jury, and although the odds may be in their favours, I think a smaller pool of people voting may lead to more split votes and therefore more votes being flipped. On the flipside though it might make people more cautious as they're more likely to be exposed if they do flip. Having a secret jury voting might solve that, but I think they need something that encourages gameplay within the house rather than just in the diary room.

Oh god no, letting viewers pick a replacement nominee would be atrocious and would take away any semblance of game since it will just come down to the edit.

I actually think a lot of the issues can get resolved with minimal changes to the structure of the game: scale the cast down from 16 to 12-14 so that way alliances aren't as big and each individual's vote has more of an impact on its own rather than people sacrificing their vote to go with the house, shorten the season from 13 weeks to 10 or 11 so that people aren't playing the first half of the game as passively, stop showing recruits seasons like BB16 when they're in sequester because then they come into the house and try to emulate that season's boring power structure, and simply cast better? I don't think it's really that difficult of a problem to fix, but I think it's likely that production is too lazy to do anything.

They're already so out of episode content that they're resorting to filler like showing Christmas's punishment AGAIN. They don't normally do this until the second half of the season but they're doing it not even a month in.

This season's soooooo bad it's not even funny. I wasn't really expecting a lot to begin with but somehow we're on track to be even worse than 14/16/19.

This season's soooooo bad it's not even funny. I wasn't really expecting a lot to begin with but somehow we're on track to be even worse than 14/16/19.

It would be great if you could go more than one post without the typical rabid “ZOMG WORST SEASON EVER!!” attitude. If you’re going to be critical at least offer something constructive.

It’s almost like I discussed a bunch of changes production could make that I think would improve the current state of the show in my previous post.

More contestants certainly doesn't make for a better show and I did wonder about going back to 12/13, though as double evictions seem to be the only point where things might actually go off script not sure they'd want to lose them - and they already rely too much on Battle Backs etc. as it is. Always thought with the international format beginning with 13 then adding 3 in around a third into the series was about the right balance, but not sure that would work in the US, and IMO impacts the "semblance" of the game far more than allowing viewers to choose the Veto replacement.

It won't happen because the house never changes but a two house twist would be a good way to get rid of dominant alliances, beginning with two houses of 8. Even if alliances in each house dominate early on once the houses merged it should be game on.

Yeah, one of the things that’s always stuck out was how for a show whose tag line is to expect the unexpected, it’s very predictable with the same house structure and the same airing schedule and Battle Backs in the same spot. Things really got back around 15 and 16 when they started expanding the seasons to from late June to September because they clearly needed to reach for content to fill some weeks. This year would’ve been a great opportunity to try some new things since they couldn’t air in the traditional summer window but I guess that was too much to ask for.

Reminds me of how Survivor isn’t even having a season because they’re that adamant about refusing to leave Fiji despite how tired out of a location it is.

Once upon a time it actually was! I actually think one of the huge problems with the show in its current state is the fact that they're never leaving Fiji and thus are forced to discern between seasons by coming up with asinine twists and tribe separations in an effort to make seasons distinguishable from one another. I also think it's bad when viewers can recognize beaches from season to season by certain trees or rock formations or other natural landmarks. It's stale and cheap.

I do think Survivor and I'm a Celeb now are such well oiled machined the location is somewhat irrelevant - it's basically a camp and then the challenge area. Agree it is a shame that Survivor stopped moving around but money talks and for some reason Fiji pays - and the rebate must more than pay for itself considering how many shows are made there.

I don't think Survivor had any chance of getting a show up and running anywhere outside of the US. It's gone quite quiet now but maybe that is something they'll reconsider as to get it into the CBS schedule in the Spring they'll probably want to film this fall, so will need to get moving soon. Same for the Aussie version too, though it looks like I'm a Celeb will now be pushed back from Jan to Feb, so perhaps Ten won't need Survivor until next August now.

Back to Big Brother and yes, "Expect the Unexpected" is an even more ironic catchphrase than saying "Please do not swear" after an hour of expletive filled highlights. Think they've used it since BB3, though they did change it to "Do Not Assume" for the Project DNA twist in BB5. What I was hoping for with this season would it would get a shorter run requiring two evictions per week - I think a pacier cycle would really have helped kick it into gear, and also take out the pointless filler competitions as we'd have just one highlights show + live eviction per cycle rather than two.

Once upon a time it actually was!

Aside from a location that allowed the Survivors to be completely self reliant the location was mostly a gimmick... As Brekkie said the show itself just needs a camp and a challenge area.

The BB house hasn’t changed significantly in 15 years... A layout change would be refreshing and welcome the lack there of really does nothing to add/detract from a series.

What I was hoping for with this season would it would get a shorter run requiring two evictions per week - I think a pacier cycle would really have helped kick it into gear, and also take out the pointless filler competitions as we'd have just one highlights show + live eviction per cycle rather than two.

I don’t think that would do much other than expedite the inevitable male dominated final... IMO resurrecting CDT as an America’s choice has potential to upset the balance of power and re-ignite strategy. It will of course have rabid fans losing their shit over potential rigging but is totally worth it if it’s successful.

Back