Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I am going to comment on the curfew.

So there’s a curfew for everyone except for those needing safe injection rooms? Ridiculous if you ask me.

It's a complicated issue. I don't know the answer, I do however know I would absolutely hate it if they built one of those near me. It sounds like a horror show. Drug dealers now know where to sell, people can't wait and shoot up on the street leaving syringes around. The staff in the facility dealing drugs.

I can't remember the statistics but a while back they mentioning something like, a couple of thousand overdoses prevented. Then the number referred to rehab from the injecting room as incredibly low, double digits low. Whe ultimately, shouldn't that be the goal? I know they want people to be safe, can't push it but really the path needs to be getting people off that shit.

As for being open, maybe it's to deal with the addicts on their way home from work?

Marriage is needed to protect children, not you
However, I witnessed the cruelty when a gay partner dies suddenly before the laws changed
A beautiful elderly gay male partnership, together more than 30 years
Devoted to each other and their horses, one died heart attack
His disgusting family who were not in contact for decades, swooped like the vultures they are
Poor sweet guy was robbed of everything pretty much
Homeless and grief stricken, it was beyond tragic

Marriage is needed to protect children, not you
However, I witnessed the cruelty when a gay partner dies suddenly before the laws changed
A beautiful elderly gay male partnership, together more than 30 years
Devoted to each other and their horses, one died heart attack
His disgusting family who were not in contact for decades, swooped like the vultures they are
Poor sweet guy was robbed of everything pretty much
Homeless and grief stricken, it was beyond tragic

That's another thing I guess. Children have never been in the life plan for me.

That is a sad story. Did the guy have a will or anything?

Reactions: kxk
Yes they had wills, but the way the old laws worked wills were irrelevant, family had precedent over anything
Marriage I find a ridiculous old convention, it is sooooo hard to find women when they lose their own identity and name
I do not understand why change your name? Would feel like someone owns you

Socially I think there's an expectation in Australia to automatically agree with left-wing ideas or at least come across like you do.

I agree with left wing views because of my own independent thinking. Nothing to do with expectations.

I think gay marriage being legal also is a massive thing for the mental health of gay people.

Whatever way you decide to go. Get married or not get married. It gives young gays a hope for the future. They too can have a family. Be just like everyone else. What society calls “normal” and you’re expected to follow. Debate on whenever or not society’s expectations is right or wrong is another discussion.

I remember growing up the future of being gay wasn’t really talked about. I didn’t think gay marriage would ever happen. Seemed like a novelty overseas. Maybe if I was lucky I would have a partner and would live with them. I didn’t imagine gay relationships being so mainstream, open and accepted when I was growing up.

BTW, Sorry for hijacking the virus thread.

Yes they had wills, but the way the old laws worked wills were irrelevant, family had precedent over anything
Marriage I find a ridiculous old convention, it is sooooo hard to find women when they lose their own identity and name
I do not understand why change your name? Would feel like someone owns you
Who says the woman has to change thier name, the man can change thier name (in a hetrosexual marrage) In a gay marrage I know they ahve both changed thier names

If you're not having real-life discussions about politics or current events outside your own family then it would probably make sense why you think I'm wrong.

I think you're wrong because I believe people don't say they believe in things just because they feel pressured by society. My experience in that matter is irrelevant.

Reactions: kxk
I think you're wrong because I believe people don't say they believe in things just because they feel pressured by society. My experience in that matter is irrelevant.

Consider Trump or Brexit as examples. Things that many people generally don't want to publicly admit they support (because it's not politically correct) but many do.

Back