Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 6 Discussion (16 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the editing starts at least a month after the recording,
Maybe. I was more referring to how they plan or 'storyboard' each ep's edit?

Last edited by a moderator:
When did she once mention the "disadvantaged" in a callous way? She said it's not Centrelink, in other words earn your keep and earn the money on offer. I didn't think that was anything to be taken offence by.
By implication, wasn't she suggesting that all people on Centrelink are having a free ride?

Oh and Garth is a fucking idiot. I still don't get how he pivoted from DESPISING KIERAN in one breath to LOATHING QUEEN ANGELA in the next.

giphy.gif

TRAGIC.

I was a bit drunk when I posted. I was thinking about it, it could be a bias in the casting. There are reasons to explain why people got evicted, which exclude race being the dominant factor. However maybe they were just more likely to cast non whites if they are a bit more out there. That's the primary cause. A bias happening at that level which then produces these results.

We won't see Sophie going any time soon. Potplants like blondie and hat guy that got craned in probably wouldn't have been cast if they weren't white.
Would just like to bring your attention to the fact that Sophie is German/ Sri Lankan. I think she was cast because of the character that she is and not the colour of her skin! Just like all the housemates.

SardonicNarrowCreature-size_restricted.gif

Let's not pretend Big Brother is where people RUN to for social and/or political discourse.
Is that your way of communicating to me that Big Brother provides a discourse community of members that contribute to an email list for Madonna?

...And do something other than "announce housemate with the least amount of votes. Slowly announce housemate with the second least amount of votes. Finally, slowly announce the housemate who has the most votes, for those of us who can't count and will find this a surprise".

Sonia shouldn't even announce the names of the two housemates nominated but safe from eviction. Let the housemates work out who got how many votes on their own. There is a discussion around this in the format and production thoughts thread from earlier this week if that interests you.

Would just like to bring your attention to the fact that Sophie is German/ Sri Lankan. I think she was cast because of the character that she is and not the colour of her skin! Just like all the housemates.

I am aware about that fact. That's why I mentioned her. People are asseting that racial bias was the leading factor over other possible explanations for the evictions of non-white people housemates. I don't believe Sophie will go anytime and I say that because of her personality. It's just a teenie tiny argument against the critical race theory subscribers on here.

So is Big Brother now not on Wends nights either now too or just this week?

So is Big Brother now not on Wends nights either now too or just this week?
They've reduced it to three nights a week now - Sun, Mon, Tues.

Maybe because the Olympics aren't on this year, and so their schedule changed at 7. Dunno. None of the channels have enough of their prime reality content to 'spend' as so many were halted c/- Covid-19, so are rationing shows to stretch them out, and get as much advertising bang for their buck, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back