Skip to main content

Pre-recorded BB. Will you watch?

The fact that we don't know the truth is *because* Nine didn't provide live streams; it's not the reason Nine didn't offer them.

A little perspective...if Seven had planned on a live series, it would have not gone ahead in the current climate. Incidentally, a prerecorded series is the best we could have hoped for this year.
I want to see what this new format will look like too. Having said that these forums are my go to place for info and novel ideas, and sits ony second 2 flickr where I spent the MOST time.

Is 7Plus free and do they offer a pay-option for ad-free content? If they did offer the latter that would be the route to go to provide a live feed - ITV & C4 both offer a similar ad-free on demand service here and I wouldn't contemplate it, but if they had the rights to Big Brother and put the live feeds on it I'd sign up without a question and in all likelihood remain signed up in between seasons too.

Is 7Plus free and do they offer a pay-option for ad-free content? If they did offer the latter that would be the route to go to provide a live feed - ITV & C4 both offer a similar ad-free on demand service here and I wouldn't contemplate it, but if they had the rights to Big Brother and put the live feeds on it I'd sign up without a question and in all likelihood remain signed up in between seasons too.
yes, 7plus is free. I'm pretty sure they don't offer a pay-option for ad-free content.

The fact that we don't know the truth is *because* Nine didn't provide live streams; it's not the reason Nine didn't offer them.
no, but i theorise its part of the reason the live updates they did provide were discontinued

They stopped the live feed because they couldn't manipulate the content. People were watching BB every night on TV and believed what they were seeing, but we were here telling them what we saw on live feed, my PC was on all day. For ex. Someone smiling when someone fell, they weren't smiling at the fall but something they took from another shot. I remember how we were telling them how it was really. The year after they stopped live feed.

BB is not reality anymore and hadn't been for a long time, but I will be watching anyway

Dunno.
Might record the pre-recording and decide later whether to watch and record more pre-recordings or just delete the recording of the pre-recordings and abandon ship.
Such are the delights of this age.

Hi everyone!
It would be good to know what were channel seven's original intentions for this show before this COVID-19 pandemic took hold. Was it planned to be all pre-recorded before this virus happened? Or they were going to have some live parts to it but because of this pandemic which literally came out of nowhere and threw all their original broadcasting plans to the wall?

I do think that this show really needs to have it's live to air parts here and there. A whole BB series that's all pre-recorded? Has it ever been done before anywhere in the world?

Well at least channel 7 are going to give the BB fans out there something to watch anyway. You could say this pandemic is a pretty good reason for why it has been pre-recorded. Let's hope we can one day be rid of this virus and possibly get to see a normal BB here in Australia again like the good old days.

Somehow I don't think we will ever get to see Big Brother Australia again like it was shown here on channel 10.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but in the recent TV blackbox podcast Ben Norris suggests some sort of scandal (or something) will hurt 7 and Endemol Shine according to some info he received in the past 24 hours. I want to know what this is.

I really don’t know. I‘m not excited for it. I don’t watch 7 at all these days so have barely seen any promos for it. And I’m quite enjoying Masterchef.

Reactions: kxk
this COVID-19 pandemic took hold. Was it planned to be all pre-recorded before this virus happened? Or they were going to have some live parts to it but because of this pandemic which literally came out of nowhere and threw all their original broadcasting plans to the wall?

I do think that this show really needs to have it's live to air parts here and there. A whole BB series th
They always planned to pre-record it. Also if you're doing the HoH format at least call it a HoH Challenge - they're already annoying me by calling it the "Nomination Challenge".

I'm guessing it's because "nomination challenge" instantly leverages conceptual recall for the? core mechanic of the old 'BB show' amongst the wider (non-superfan) audience. I suspect they don't have the luxury of resource to educate people about what an HoH is, and its significance, when the bigger job at hand is eyeballs?

They always planned to pre-record it. Also if you're doing the HoH format at least call it a HoH Challenge - they're already annoying me by calling it the "Nomination Challenge".
Of all the things to be peeved about. Calling it "Head of House" challenge implies the winner gets some other benefits/powers rather than just being able to nominate. I'm quite happy for them to not take on that Americanism.

Yes, but I'll be thinking of it like survivor in a house.
That's exactly what it is, and from all the promos they're gonna be like 'fighting' to keep they're place in the house.
I'll still watch it though, maybe it might just not be AS good.

I hope 7 streams on they're app/7now (whatever it's called) too.

I suspect they don't have the luxury of resource to educate people about what an HoH is, and its significance, when the bigger job at hand is eyeballs?
Well, BBAU first introduced the Head of House concept back in the 2014 season, albeit a little differently. Both the programme and HMs heavily adopted the term, and each week a pairing was granted "The Power" by becoming HoH for a week.

I agree they're probably better off calling it HoH again this year too, only with adjusted rules, but who knows - maybe they still will? I just hope by calling it "Nomination Challenge" they aren't dumbing it down for audiences too much.

Back