Skip to main content

Survivor: Winners at War (Season 40)

We now have the answer to the question of how many players return - one more after this one.

Denise is a gun.

I was very pleased with Wendell going, as Adam and Nick are amongst my faves. It's disgusting the way the alpha males target those who they perceive as weaker. Ben is the absolute worst. See also his response to Sophie shivering and crying.

This season seems to be all about managing your threat level in a season of threats.

Every episode it seems that Adam somehow escapes from the chopping block by the skin of his teeth.

And as for her comment she'll always be the queen, well, it's guaranteed someone else will be a two-time Survivor winner at the end of this, and not only that, they'll pick up $2m (minus tax) this time. So really she'll slip into 2nd spot in terms of Survivor winners.

I would say that Sandra’s wins still have more premium because she didn’t need an all winners season to get her second win. The way this season is designed, someone will become a two-time winner. Sandra did that a decade before this season came into existence.

Yeah, Sandra doesn't need to hand in her Survivor Queen crown, but it would be nice if she toned down the boasting a bit. Boston Rob too.

Nick was right about not trusting Sarah's 'act of kindness', seeing as she was one of two who then voted for him.

Adam made that first half of survivor all winners for me. He may not have been the most strategic or the most likeable, but he did drive a lot of the content.

Adam made that first half of survivor all winners for me. He may not have been the most strategic or the most likeable, but he did drive a lot of the content.
, Sarah

He was one of my faves. Well, still might be if he can get the other returning spot.
My favourites are Nick, Adam, Parvati, Sarah and Denise, which is frustrating as they are all pretty much opposed to each other apart from Adam and Denise.

It shows that you don't need all that scrambling at tribal council to pull off a good blindside. She had no idea, and neither did I.
Pity the Ben option didn't work out.

This season of survivor is good! One of the best seasons
All it needs now is a Natalie Anderson return from Exile! She is racking up those fire tokens and looks really ripped compared to her Amazing Race twinnie days. Jeremy is waiting...needs an ally.

I think this season is very average at best and fell flat once the tribes merged. Shame that seems to be a theme these days since we haven’t had a good merge portion since Kaoh Rong? Between the lopsided edit, Edge of Extinction, Fire Tokens, lack of coherent storytelling, and countless live TCs this is really just a mashup of everything wrong with Survivor in its current stage, just featuring winners.

This episode was way better than the previous one which was likely the worst of the season. Though the people on the edge of 'extinction' still really have too much power. The finding of the extortion advantage looked a bit weird, I'd guess it was restaged for the cameras. I forgot, did they have a clue to look for something? It seemed so random just finding it suddenly. What made the episode was Tony suddenly switching to turn on the controlling alliance, which I wasn't expecting.

I actually don't mind Ben, it was funny seeing him using the disadvantage to say it just shows that he isn't liked much (in effect saying he would be good to take to the end).

Some of the other stuff annoyed me in the episode, ultimately it was an easy vote out anyway and the editors tried to make it interesting but it was hard. Denise's strange plan to say she would be ok going didn't make much sense, Nick was just desperate if he really believed that. If anything it should have just made people even more suspicious about it being a real option.

The advantage was interesting in that Nick got it but all it did was help Michele in the end. And Nick was always the next target.

Natalie is getting pushed quite a lot in the edit, though I did think the latest Extinction challenge was quite boring again. Yes she knew where the advantage was, but it's likely others did as well, they just aren't as fit enough to beat her in a race. I'm still not convinced they found it quite as tough on Extinction as we are meant to think.

Earlier in the episode Probst seemed to want to push some kind of agenda about the importance of family visits in the game which annoyed me.

Last edited:
Back