Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Better unapologetically than apologetically imo. But yes, that could be interesting to see. They might end up working together or be opposed from the start. Or somewhere in between.

If the housemates had to be separated into teams, I hope they put very different personalities into each.

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about the Teasers and promos? Housemate convo... we have a thread for that? Going a bit off topic

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about the Teasers and promos? Housemate convo... we have a thread for that? Going a bit off topic

I thought housemate thread was for housemates that have been reported to be in the house? This thread was meant to be a speculation thread based on promos and teasers. So we were discussing about what type of person could be in the big Brother house based on the promos and teasers.

Really don't like the pre-season promo campaign being stretched out for so long - is increasingly common now but usually find although it might stir up a bit of interest initially when they push a show so hard for so long by the time they get around to airing it you're actually fed up of it.

I'm sensing a lot of copying going on between the BBAU crew at endemol and the MAFS crew even down to the 8 week long AD campaign leading up to launch and blatant faking of leaks to draw attention and make its audience feel smarter.

This reboot could actually work for channel 7, I had a realisation the other day that this is the first ESA-produced flagship reality competition show that 7 has had for a long time, the rest of their back catalogue have been made by Seven Studios or ITV.

From what has been going around, It sounds like Endemol has kinda been making 7 its bitch and has taken direction of the show seeing as 7 apparently still actually hasn't paid ESA the 20mil for production yet

I feel like it'll be back next year like some people have said. Especially because of mkr and house rules not doing very good. I really hope channel 10, 9 or 7 pick up the circle

I can't be bothered to dig through the mess of @reepbot and @Nightclubs ramblings to find the who made the post... Hopefully Sonia's comments about the format was just an over simplification. I'm fine with three nominees but they're missing out if PoV doesn't have an equivalent in this format. The best replacement would be to have the three nominees compete for safety; The challenge winner is removed from the block leaving two nominees.

It's essentially just a modified version of the format I've been pushing over the years;

HoH - Nominates two people for eviction and will nullify one eligible HM's eviction vote
Golden Key - Public will grant one person immunity and the ability to name a third nominee
Battle of the Block - Only the three nominees compete to for safety; leaving two nominees
Eviction vote - Remaining HM's vote, plus once additional vote from the public will take the place of the HM who's vote was nullified by the HoH

Has there been any confirmation as to the potential time frame Seven is airing the show?

I'm hoping they wrap it up it up fairly quickly, somewhat in a similar fashion that CBBUSA did. I enjoyed watching the tight format in CBB, compared to the usual dragging out of a normal BBUSA season. I stopped watching BBUSA years ago for that reason, but thoroughly enjoyed their CBB. However, this hope of mine is attached to whether they produce BBUSA-style episodes and focus purely on the game.

If they produce a hybrid between the two formats and allow us to get to know the HM's like the original format, then letting it run longer would be fine with me.

I can't be bothered to dig through the mess of @reepbot and @Nightclubs ramblings to find the who made the post... Hopefully Sonia's comments about the format was just an over simplification. I'm fine with three nominees but they're missing out if PoV doesn't have an equivalent in this format. The best replacement would be to have the three nominees compete for safety; The challenge winner is removed from the block leaving two nominees.

It's essentially just a modified version of the format I've been pushing over the years;

HoH - Nominates two people for eviction and will nullify one eligible HM's eviction vote
Golden Key - Public will grant one person immunity and the ability to name a third nominee
Battle of the Block - Only the three nominees compete to for safety; leaving two nominees
Eviction vote - Remaining HM's vote, plus once additional vote from the public will take the place of the HM who's vote was nullified by the HoH

Do you think the producers might have been inspired by the format you've been pushing?

Has there been any confirmation as to the potential time frame Seven is airing the show?

I'm hoping they wrap it up it up fairly quickly, somewhat in a similar fashion that CBBUSA did. I enjoyed watching the tight format in CBB, compared to the usual dragging out of a normal BBUSA season. I stopped watching BBUSA years ago for that reason, but thoroughly enjoyed their CBB. However, this hope of mine is attached to whether they produce BBUSA-style episodes and focus purely on the game.

If they produce a hybrid between the two formats and allow us to get to know the HM's like the original format, then letting it run longer would be fine with me.
I still don't know how the finale is going to work. I assume the plan was live finale but in this Covid-19 world that doesn't look likely??

Do you think the producers might have been inspired by the format you've been pushing?

Go fuck yourself

tenor.gif

Last edited:

No confirmation yet... I'd say it's likely going to air for around 8 to 10 weeks give or take. Safe to say there will be around 20 HM's and at least two evictions per week.

I still don't know how the finale is going to work. I assume the plan was live finale but in this Covid-19 world that doesn't look likely??

It will be filmed from home... Current series of both The Voice and American Idol are finishing out their series via remote filming so I see no reason BB couldn't do the same.

They could do the finale via zoom. Though who knows, restrictions may be easier slightly further for them to film in the one place.

Back