Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

The voice of this BB was a bit off putting at first but the more I hear it the more it’s grown on me... It’s very much reminiscent of VAL from the highly underrated series Solitary. It’s got an almost sinister tone... It’s less authoritative but invokes something of a calculated and twisted character. I hope it carries over to the series as the North American format is very much a fight to the finish.

The house looks fantastic as well but I hope it’s not as open plan as it appears... The North American format seems to play out better in an environment where HM’s have quiet spots to get away. If you’ve followed BBCAN at all you’ll notice a difference in gameplay from series 1 which had a much more of an open plan concept to series 2 which was designed to emphasize privacy, intimacy, and vantage points.

Last edited:
The voice of this BB was a bit off putting at first but the more I hear it the more it’s grown on me... It’s very much reminiscent of VAL from the highly underrated series Solitary. It’s got an almost sinister tone... It’s less authoritative but invokes something of a calculated and twisted character. I hope it carries over to the series as the North American format is very much a fight to the finish.

The house looks fantastic as well but I hope it’s not as open plan as it appears... The North American format seems to play out better in an environment where HM’s have quiet spots to get away. If you’ve followed BBCAN at all you’ll notice a difference in gameplay from series 1 which had a much more of an open plan concept to series 2 which was designed to emphasize privacy, intimacy, and vantage points.

For once Kingston, I actually agree with you on something.

Australia decides the winner - there’s a live finale!

honestly, the big brother voice sounds borderline nightmarish AND I LOVE IT.

His voice doesn’t give off family friendly vibes lol.
And Sonia at the end kinda ruined the promo. It didn’t match the rest of the vibe. I found it jarring.

and that bloody paint style font!! Get rid of it.
Otherwise, I’m excited :D
YES @ nightmarish...it's reminiscent of the AIDS/bowling ball and 'Every Cigarette Is Doing You Damage' (same voiceover guy) voice!

Must say, I agree with the majority here. That ad has me pretty pumped and loving the vibe of the place and the new BB voice - not too keen on the “paint on” text, but I guess they’re going for some kind of text that BB is leaving written (like stalker notes lol).

Would be even more pumped if this was live and knew it would have more of an adult (as opposed to “family friendly”) show. Also have some reservations about Sonia. But all in all this is looking more positive than I originally anticipated and looking forward to be even more pleasantly surprised (fingers crossed!)

Some
I'm glad... To be completly honest I really don't know where your hatred of me comes from? That said I can appreciate that my sense of humour on this forum doesn't necessarily translate well but I'm really not a bad guy.
Sometimes you scare me Kingston, but you seem like an alright bloke haha

So far I like these visuals so much more than the previous iteration on Nine.

I hope there's a dramatic cast that get a lot of coverage in tabloid media from this. I want this season to be talked about. It should be an ongoing spectacle beyond the show itself.

The voice of this BB was a bit off putting at first but the more I hear it the more it’s grown on me...
With some pics they have put out of alien-style eyes in the house decor, I'm thinking they might be going for Big Brother as an extraterrestrial.

Steady on, people. All we have is the set designers' wet dreams. I'll agree it looks great, but that has nothing to do with how the show will be run.

Broken record: and it's not live. :rolleyes:

I'd prefer a captivating pre-recorded season than a crappy live one.

I don't think a live format would be worthwhile unless producers were able to make it as eventful and exciting as I thought it was during the Ten era.
Goes without saying.

The best thing about big brother, or one of the best things, were the live evictions. All the tenseness of seeing someone you're not going to care about in a couple of hours get booted out of the house and onto Instagram.

Pre-recording sadly prevents that

During the Ten era I remember live evictions, live nominations, Friday Night Live, plus live Up Late and Uncut?

I think the live format works well if you're committed to the concept with ongoing content throughout the series. I think the Ten seasons achieved that.

The Nine seasons had some live content, but I think there were too many gaps that it may have been better to pre-record.

Kitchen leads into dining/living area, which leads into the backyard. LED panel by the couches, dining area feels super reminiscent of MAFS but tailored to their theme, lounge area also feels quite MAFS but with a dash of Love Island? You can also see at the top of the kitchen/living area what seems to be the bottom of a balcony?
View attachment 55264View attachment 55263

Also, HuffingtonPost is reporting 22 Housemates will enter the house

Where in the article does it say there are 22 housemates entering?

Just wonder whether a successful run would give them the incentive to do it live or more likely only justify their decision to pre-record. Given the way My Kitchen Rules and House Rules have waited so far if it rates well enough they certainly have the time in the schedules to do it live - but all depends on really what Coronavirus schedules allow. If they allow BB to return in Feb and Nine hadn't been able to film Married at First Site then it really would be game on.

Back