Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

Agreed.

The times where increasing the prize money to a million could be considered big news are well over. People are just used to hearing extremely large figures being quoted as prizes these days. Plus viewing numbers are well down compared to back then because of streaming that budgets can't really justify it anymore as well.

Increasing the prize fund to $1 million was never “big news”... Production played it like it was, but it was just a way for them to say they were in creative drought at the time.

Last edited:
I remember when it was a million but big brother docked them money for various indiscretions and it ended up being a lot less by the end.

I'd hope they do like a uncut version of the show, not so much nudity but just so we could hear all the stuff that isn't "pg".

Also could have @Tim and @vid podcasts. They were the best, memories.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seven only stumps up a $100k prize. In fact I am officially tipping that.
Oh, I should mention I somehow missed Brekkie's link to the TV Tonight story when I posted that and only saw the article just now. Seven will have probably read the article now and gone, "fuck yeah, why pay more than $100k?". They have set a precedent dropping MKR's prize to that level anyway. Anyway it's still handy tax-free cash for some himbo/bimbo Instagram millennial who will inevitably win.

I'd hope they do like a uncut version of the show, not so much nudity but just so we could hear all the stuff that isn't "pg".

Also could have @Tim and @vid podcasts. They were the best, memories.
+1 for the podcasts. Uncut in any form very unlikely - that isn't the show Seven are making. It's largely about the narrative of the gameplay rather than the social interaction, PG or otherwise.

Here's a summary of BBAU prizemoney per season as I understand it:
  • BB01-03: Guaranteed $250,000
  • BB04: Guaranteed $1 million
  • BB05-06: $1 million but reduced by fines (final values: BB05 - $836,000 and BB06 - $426,000)
  • BB07: Prizemoney started at zero, but earned by completing tasks, final value $450,000
  • BB08: Guaranteed $250,000
  • Season 9-10 (Nine) - Guaranteed $250,000
  • Season 11 (Nine): Original prizemoney set at $250,000 but Big Brother offered some HMs $50,000 out of the prize, so it ended up being $200,000
So the only time the BB prizemoney has been under $250,000 is in Season 11 and that was amended 2 weeks into the season for a Power Play.

I heard a rumor the launch are useing actors and that the applications and interviews were all faked to trick the public. (inside source) The first show for 2020 is scripted to avoid any calamity's. So everyone in Australia who applied to Big Brother 2020 and spent all day at the interview process was wasting there time. :sneaky:

The house is actually looking so much better than I expected when they said 'survivor in a warehouse', channel 9's cheap greek mansion could neva!

I heard a rumor the launch are useing actors and that the applications and interviews were all faked to trick the public. (inside source) The first show for 2020 is scripted to avoid any calamity's. So everyone in Australia who applied to Big Brother 2020 and spent all day at the interview process was wasting there time. :sneaky:
Wouldn't surprise me at all if most of the auditionees ended up on different endemol productions and they used this as an opportunity to cast other shows.

Scripted Reality-style TV seems like the way to go for most networks and productions houses, they just have to write some form of dialogue and use soundbites to make their script come to life - Seven, however, is terrible at it.

Could that be the usual "practice run" they always do before the actual housemates enter, to test all the equipment and techniques ? 🤔

The house is actually looking so much better than I expected when they said 'survivor in a warehouse', channel 9's cheap greek mansion could neva!
I actually thought the same thing, cos someone said the housemates had to build part of the house?
Think it's been built in a different location then first thought though.

Back