Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

Anyone who thinks Sonia is a better host than Gretel has to be trolling. Also the fact that you always seem to go against the majority opinion on these forums.

Just because I like Sonia better does not make one a troll.

Majority opinion? Like I care about that. You fools were all supporting Priya after all. The worst of the worst... Trolling?

I do find it amusing that Ben Zabel has not bad odds and the Ben that is doing major sucking up does not have any odds!

Benjamin Norris any where near Big Brother I am out. There are many things I am willing to give a go that we have heard with this reboot against my better judgment but if he is involved that is me out the door. It doesn’t matter that the show is called “Big Brother”. I simply won’t watch if he’s involved.

It's going to depend a lot on who SEVEN is targeting as an audience.

Is it speculation that SEVEN are targeting a younger audience than their usual markets, or have they publicly admitted such?

I see a few names there that could make good hosts (IMHO), but they're older celebs and I wonder how that plays if they're targeting a younger audience (just like NINE did) - doesn't bode well if all this is true.

EDIT: worse still; Kochie is on an upward trend. 😱

Something's just occurred to me and this is probably me seeing things where they aren't there. But looking back a few weeks to Gretel's Sunrise interview with Basil Zempilas.....
There were lots of rumours and people pointing to her as a likely host but she was very hesitant to directly address that. However she was really pushing the point that "the way we did Big Brother" had been revolutionary TV and how you never knew what was going to happen due to the live nature etc. I feel that she may have been in discussions about hosting the show but was very unimpressed by the format they were pitching. Maybe that was her sending a message that she only wanted to be involved with a genuine and more traditional format.

It's going to depend a lot on who SEVEN is targeting as an audience.

Is it speculation that SEVEN are targeting a younger audience than their usual markets, or have they publicly admitted such?

I see a few names there that could make good hosts (IMHO), but they're older celebs and I wonder how that plays if they're targeting a younger audience (just like NINE did) - doesn't bode well if all this is true.

EDIT: worse still; Kochie is on an upward trend. 😱
I think in the upfronts they said they wanted to target the under 45 market. I can't remember the exact wording. If that is the intended market I think the best way to go would actually be a young unknown host. But then if they actually really want to hit that intended market they need to make the whole thing live and interactive through apps and online voting and activities. Gamify the watching of BB as well as being a housemate.

I guess if he "announces" enough different things he increases his chances one is right.

I know some people don’t like to believe Rob. But he is announcing it at fact now!

I hate to say this but Sonia’s inclusion in this revived series might not be such a horrible idea after all. If the story is correct this could force 7 to reconsider their decision to pre-record this series. Which in my opinion is the best option for them as they don’t need to shuffle production schedules of other planned programs just to accommodate Sonia.

I mean I’d rather not see her associated with the show at all but if it means we’ll be seeing BB live she’s really the lesser of two evils.

Back