Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

The host needs conviction, tenacity and to be fearless of the consequences of sometimes needing to pop the fuck off on a housemate being a sly cunt or production/the network making your job harder than it needed to be, that's the energy Gretel possessed and I can't think of any host in Australia at the moment apart from probably Yumi Stynes that can do that and please do not recommend any more Sky News staffers or anyone on Foxtel's payroll apart from Gina Liano.

The host needs conviction, tenacity and to be fearless of the consequences of sometimes needing to pop the fuck off on a housemate being a sly cunt or production/the network making your job harder than it needed to be, that's the energy Gretel possessed and I can't think of any host in Australia at the moment apart from probably Yumi Stynes that can do that and please do not recommend any more Sky News staffers or anyone on Foxtel's payroll apart from Gina Liano.

Alex Perry? Janet Roach?

Are you sure you are not looking at Gretel through rose coloured glasses? Yes, she was a good host, but she wasn't perfect.

She was pretty close to perfect. Don't know any host on TV today that would be able to think on their feet like Gretel did.

I think that's stretching it a bit. I mean she was a good host, but she had her problems like anyone else.

And if you want someone with hosting experience who can think quickly on their feet why not king tommy little?

I just feel that setting up Gretel to be this goddess of australian tv hosting is a lose-lose situation. She's just a normal person who'll make mistakes at times.

And what if she doesn't end up hosting at all? I hope people will give any new potential host a chance before they tear them to pieces for having the temerity of not living up to the great gretel killeen.

I think that's stretching it a bit. I mean she was a good host, but she had her problems like anyone else.

And if you want someone with hosting experience who can think quickly on their feet why not king tommy little?

I just feel that setting up Gretel to be this goddess of australian tv hosting is a lose-lose situation. She's just a normal person who'll make mistakes at times.

And what if she doesn't end up hosting at all? I hope people will give any new potential host a chance before they tear them to pieces for having the temerity of not living up to the great gretel killeen.

King Tommy would be an epic host.

Also would love Tim Dormer. He knows both the AUS and Canadian versions having been in both.

She was pretty close to perfect. Don't know any host on TV today that would be able to think on their feet like Gretel did.

I think Prue MacSween could match Gretel in the way of being witty, although I am unsure whether she has hosting experience.

She also might be somewhat risky and might say something inappropriate.

Prue has a section of her wikipedia page dedicated to her controversies:

so I don't think there's any "might" about her saying something inappropriate. Chances are she will.

Of course if Prue doesn't work out channel 7 could always summon the ghost of adolf hitler to goose-step over the big brother stage. :rolleyes:

The last 2 years it was pretty obvious who had won Survivor Australia just by looking at the Sportsbet odds released at the beginning of the season.
I've never understood why Aussie betting companies let you bet on pre-recorded shows. Even if the result is kept top secret somebody knows.

I hope people will give any new potential host a chance before they tear them to pieces for having the temerity of not living up to the great gretel killeen.
I doubt there will be many comparisons made to Gretel - generally comparisons are made to the outgoing host. When Emma took over BBUK, the vast majority of the comparisons being made were against Brian - not Davina.

Though this is the general public I’m talking about here, the diehard fans however.... Fuck knows what we’ll do. 😂

Back