Skip to main content

Dreamworld to demolish BB Amphitheatre

If bb were to ever return I think it is safe to say it probably won't be at dreamworld anymore.

Would be interesting to find out if this was planned for prior to the house fire, or if that was the point that made Dreamworld realise that the show would likely never return to Dreamworld should it ever come back. But I guess we'll never know.

Have DW uever sed the amphitheater for anything else non-BB related? Surely they haven't left it abandoned all this time...

On a completely unrelated note, it's a refreshing change of pace to see some Gretel-love in the comments on the article rather than the usual Gretel-bashing that goes on.

Have DW uever sed the amphitheater for anything else non-BB related? Surely they haven't left it abandoned all this time...
Is it also on land now owned by the Queensland state govt?

Would be interesting to find out if this was planned for prior to the house fire, or if that was the point that made Dreamworld realise that the show would likely never return to Dreamworld should it ever come back. But I guess we'll never know.

On a completely unrelated note, it's a refreshing change of pace to see some Gretel-love in the comments on the article rather than the usual Gretel-bashing that goes on.

It was used for a concert type YouTube convention/meet and great in 2015 or 2016 that my sister went to. Other than that I don’t recall any other time it’s been used. In 2003 it was also used as the location for Nickelodeon kids choice awards.

Have Dreamworld got any other kind of auditorium then? Just struggle to believe they couldn't find some regular use for it in a theme park not just since BB ended, but outside the BB season when it was airing.

OK, I see the seating chart. I'm guessing the closer you are to the stage, the more you have to pay, right? And this is in addition to a Dreamworld ticket?

Didn't the ramp return midway through 2008?

God, having flashbacks now to that awful revolve where they tried to make it look like you revolved out of the house and on to the back of the set.

Back